IGNORED

SkyCaddie and Polarized Sunglasses

Note: This thread is 5419 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I am such an idiot. This morning got out to play 18. I started at about 6:45 am. The first couple holes I was playing away from the sun. But on the third hole it was back toward the sun and my SkyCaddie 2.5 screen went DARK. I could barely read the numbers if I tilt at different angles. This has happened to me several times. The first time was right after the warrenty expired and I was ticked off. Anyway, It was then when I realized that it was the sunglasses polarization that was blocking the screen. I don't normally wear sunglasses so I didn't really think that the polarization of the sunglasses would dim the screen.

Has anyone else noticed that when they were sunglasses that they can't read an electronic device like skycaddie? Anyway I felt really dumb that I thought my skycaddie was broken, but it was my sunglasses.

In My Bag:
Driver: 907D2 9.5*
3 Wood: 906F2 13*
5 Wood: 906F2 18*
Irons: : MP-32: 3-PWWedges: : Vokey 54.10 and 60.4Putter: Circa 62 Charcoal Mist Model #6

• Administrator
Has anyone else noticed that when they were sunglasses that they can't read an electronic device like skycaddie? Anyway I felt really dumb that I thought my skycaddie was broken, but it was my sunglasses.

The radio controls in my car (a little LCD screen or something) go dark unless I tilt my head a little bit. Makes sense if you know how polarized lenses work, after all.

Another reason to get a laser rangefinder over GPS? Okay, not a very good one... heh heh.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have noticed it with my cell phone. I don't wear sunglasses while I play.

Another reason to get a laser rangefinder over GPS? Okay, not a very good one... heh heh.

I have been thinking about selling my Sky caddie to a buddy and going with a laser range finder.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Laser's can be difficult to hit specific targets with unless you have the steadiest of hands. If people are on the green, it's easy enough to target them but a flag can take several readings before you actually hit the target. I don't have a GPS but I was thinking about going that route instead of my LRF.

Laser's can be difficult to hit specific targets with unless you have the steadiest of hands. If people are on the green, it's easy enough to target them but a flag can take several readings before you actually hit the target. I don't have a GPS but I was thinking about going that route instead of my LRF.

Well, a friend of mine has one and he can pull it out and get a reading about as fast as I can look at my sky caddie and move my pointer around to get the yardage. It can't be that bad if he is doing it that fast. This is on windy days as well.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

Yup, can't read the radio display in my car either while wearing my Maui Jims. Tilting the head this way and that helps. Not while driving of course. ;)

Note: This thread is 5419 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!