IGNORED

Wedgie Madness

Note: This thread is 5426 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Wedges wedges everywhere and no idea what to get. I currently have the standard PW and D wedge. I would like to add some wedges in my bag to help refine my short short game. I appreciate any guidance you can provide on this matter.

I just bought a new set the other week. Cleveland 588's gunmetal DSG, brand new from a golf shop on Ebay. Fast shipping too, I had the clubs in 4 days from time of order. These are awesome wedges man. Best I have ever hit. Very easy to hit. The whole set (lob-sand-gap) was only $209. Great deal for high quality wedges like Cleveland. If you don't use Ebay, I think Edwin Watts website has these left for about $69/each. This is last years model if I am not mistaken. Best way to buy golf equipment. They were about $110 when new. Link below. Great set of wedges.

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CLEVELAND-58...3A1%7C294%3A50

As with all clubs, I know it is all about what feels \ performs the best to the individual. The sum of the information I have found is that I can not go wrong with Cleveland or titleist. Is this a fair statement?

The reason I have narrowed it down is that where I live there is very little opportunity to try out various clubs. I do make trips to Denver ever few months and try out clubs then but I wont be there again until the end of the season so if I make a purchase it will be without testing the wedges first. I am looking for the best chance of a satisfactory result given my situation.

As always thanks for the replies!

i picked up a Ping iWedge for this season and like the feel and forgiveness.

Driver: Rapture V2 9* | Fairway woods: Rapture V2 4w | Irons: G10 4-UW | Wedges: 56* | Putter: Redwood Anser | Ball: | Bag:

I enjoy my Cleveland CG14 very much...

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

Nike Sasquatch 460 10.5 degree driver Diamana shaft
MP-57 3-pw DG R300 shafts
MX700 Hybrid Cleveland CG14 50 degree wedge Nike SV 56 degree wedgeReid Lockhart 56 degree sandwedge (plays like a 60 degree, hence the two 56 degree wedges) Odyssey...

I just bought a new set the other week. Cleveland 588's gunmetal DSG, brand new from a golf shop on Ebay. These are awesome wedges man. Best I have ever hit. Very easy to hit. The whole set (lob-sand-gap) was only $209. Great deal for high quality wedges like Cleveland. If you don't use Ebay, I think Edwin Watts website has these left for about $69/each. This is last years model if I am not mistaken. Best way to buy golf equipment. They were about $110 when new. Great set of wedges.

I'll put my vote in for these,too. A great wedge, a real steal 3 for 209$.

If you have the money to spend I would take a look at Scratch wedges, otherwise the 588 dsg's would be my choice.

I'll put my vote in for these,too. A great wedge, a real steal 3 for 209$.

Yeah, I will be honest, this is one of the best golf equipment decisions I have ever made. Lord knows there have been some poor ones made in the past.

Sounds a great deal to me too!

Whom of you that have a 60° wedge use it a lot? I usually only carry a 52 and a 56° (both X-tour Callaway). I have a 58° bent to 60° KZG Wedge. Doubting to put it back in the bag.

I carry a 60* and use it out of the green side bunkers or any time I need to have very little roll out. With that said the 52* wedge is the one I use the most.

Whom of you that have a 60° wedge use it a lot?

I use my 60 degree lob more than any other wedge. So many different uses. 70 yards and in actually. Short shots over greenside bunkers when you need to land soft. Chips around the green. Great club.

I don't carry a 60, as a matter of fact, I only use my 56 from sand. I am trying to incorporate it more into my game but I have a 52 that I have complete confidence in and can hit it all distances from 100 yds to a chip.

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

One thing I like about my 60 which has 3 deg of bounce, is I can hit it off tight lies very easily. The 12-14 deg of bounce most sand wedges have make this difficult at times. The reduced bounce on the lob allows you to open the face wide open and hit with confidence and be under the ball. Like comparing apples to oranges really. Anyone that gets used to using a lob wedge will plan on keeping one in my opinion. Very, very, useful club.

I use it alot. I like having the shot options when carrying 4 wedges. My 52 and 60 are DSG grind, and my 56 is a low bounce, so I have some options depending on the lie as well. Here is a good article on wedge bounce and grind.

My 52 and 60 are DSG grind

Loving it man. Just got the set of Cleveland wedges I mentioned earlier and they all have the DSG grind. The grind on these makes a bigger difference than I would have first thought. I really love the way I can lay that 60 degree open and keep the face so low to the ground. Top shelf stuff.

Note: This thread is 5426 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!