IGNORED

5 Wood Suggestions?

Note: This thread is 5418 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Im thinking of canning my 2iron for a 5 wood for a bit more distance.

What is your favorite 5 wood? I am thinking Ping or Titleist???

I like traditional pear shaped heads and straight or slightly open faced.
G5,9
F-50,13.5
MP33(2-9)
SM,54.11MP-T,60.05Anser 2

I see you've got a f-50 strong three-wood in your bag, don't you like it? I'd have thought the natural decision would be to get an f-50 5-wood to fill the gap; they're out of date now but you can still get them on the internet if you search around a bit. IMO they're an absolute classic fairway wood; very long even compared with the brand new stuff and good of the turf or tee.

In the Bag:

R7 Draw, stiff Exsar FS2
F-50 3-wood, stiff Exsar FS2
F-50 5-wood, stiff Exsar FS2 MP-60 3-PW, reg TT dynamic gold MP Tour Style 54.10 and 60.09,reg TT dynamic gold Bobby Grace DCT Response, w/ golf pride "2 thumb" grip B330S

I've gotta recommend nickent. My 4dx 4 wood is probably the most fantastic wood I have hit. It makes me want to take a look at their drivers. The feel is definitely at the top. It is also very forgiving for how much workability you get out of it. Go try one out and see! I would also lean towards taylormade, but that's probably not the headshape you want. I'm not really that big of a fan of ping or titleist, good equipment, just liked others better. You could take a look at titleist's cobra line, those s9's are supposed to be sweet.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I love my 5 wood. It is an old Callaway and it sounds and feels great. I highly recommend. It is small compared with todays fairway woods.

Brian

Everybody is just going to say the one they own. And I'm no different :D

I love my Tour Edge Exoics woods.

Everybody is making such good clubs these days. I think if you know the correct shaft for your game you could pretty much put any known brand head on it and have good results.
Driver :Adams Speedline 9032LS 10.5*
Woods:Wilson Staff FYbrid 3W
Hybrids:Wilson Staff FYbrid (wood/hybrid gap)
Hybrids:Ben Hogan Edge CFT 3H & 4H
Irons:King Cobra S9 5I-PWSand Wedge:Cleveland CG12-58*Putter:Ping Redwood AnserBall:Nike Karma/Topflite GamerFavourite Gizmo:Club Caddy

I'm very found of the TaylorMade woods. I like the shallow face on the Burner 5wood.

Hey,

I have to agree with you on that - Taylormade woods are easy to hit well - not to mentions are easy on the eye.

have a Taylormade Tour Launch Burner 17.5 degrees - it's amazing. First 5 wood i owned and love it. Thought I might change it for an R9 as the gap between my 3wood and 5 wood is very little. And large distance gap between 5 wood and 4 iron.

I'd get a taylormade or a mizuno.

WEAPONS:
Taylormade R9 10.5 L Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 15 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade R9 19 NU YS+6 stiff 65g
Taylormade Tour Preferred 4-PW KBS Tour X-Stiff Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 51Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 55Cleveland CG12 RTG+ DSG 59Yes! Tracy II putterTitleist...

Note: This thread is 5418 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!