IGNORED

Need more distance with irons

Note: This thread is 5433 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I would trade my Talormade OS2's for the MB irons and be very happy with the length, to get the ability to work the ball more.

Thomas " Hitman" Heitman

lol, i dont know what i was thinking when i bought these irons. I only remember thinking how sleek and shiny they were, hehe =P

909 D2 -9.5 Degrees -Diamana BlueBoard
mp 52 irons
newport 2
CG 12 52 degree
Cg 15 60 degreeOvation 3 and 5 wood Penta TP

Since your only 15 you'll probably grow quite a bit quickly. Thus you will probably need to be refitted and then you can get some new shafts then.

In my Staff bag:
Bazooka HP-5 Driver 460cc
Bazooka OS HP-5 3/5 Woods
Jmax QL Irons 5-PW (Graphite Stiff Shafts)
X-tour Gap Wedge 52* X-tour Sand Wedge 56* Lob Wedge 60* Rossa Daytona 1 Putter

My irons are too small for me now, and they have regular graphite shafts. I have been looking at the Mizuno MP52s in steel shafts that are fitted to my height. My current irons are standard loft and lie and i am 6ft2" and i have grown about 2 inches since june last year when i got my callaway irons.

Will i lose a considerable amount of distance?
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

It's probably not the clubs, more likely your swing...I am 17, 5'7" and hit my 7 iron 150 yards...It's not like your hitting it 130...distance doesn't really mean much with irons. More about prescion.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

i also carry my 7 iron about 145 yards and ive been trying to create a longer lag at the top of my swing for the past week or so and now i am up to 147 yards so hopefully ill get it up to 150 soon. also, i am getting some new irons that have stronger lofts than my current set. so dont worry, as long as youre hitting the greens, youre good to go.

Note: This thread is 5433 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!