IGNORED

Grips, Grips, Grips (Equipment, Not Your Hands)

Note: This thread is 4810 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have been using Golf pride tour wrap grips, but my wedges have the Golf pride Tour velvet grips, and I can't decide. Which are better? Neither? What is the best grip for the money?

Getting better........

What's in my Cart bag:

983k 10.5* driver, Reg flex graphite 904f 15* fairway wood, Reg flex Graphite Cobra SSI Irons 3-PWTA900 52* wedgeTA588 56* wedgeSeemore FGP2 custom putter w/ a Winn urban camo gripGolf Pride Tour Wrap gripsHome Courses:Horseshoe Bay: Ramrock, ...

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you are located in TX, you may want to consider going with a full cord grip. It really makes a big difference for me in the hot humid summers here in TN. They take just a little getting used to in terms of the abrasiveness, but I never got any blisters or anthing.

The extra grip really helps me keep a light grip pressure when I'm sweating in the summer heat, and since they are tougher on the skin if you do choke them, it encourages a light grip in all weather
In the bag:
Driver - FT-9 10* Stock Stiff Fujikura
3Wood - X 3W Stock Stiff Callaway Graphite Shaft
Hybrids - X Hybrids 21*, 24*, 27* uniflex steel shaft
Irons - X-22 irons 6-PW uniflex steel shaftWedges - X Forged Chrome Wedges: 52*, 56*, 60*Putter - White Hot XG #9Ball - Tour ix or TP...

I see you are located in TX, you may want to consider going with a full cord grip. It really makes a big difference for me in the hot humid summers here in TN. They take just a little getting used to in terms of the abrasiveness, but I never got any blisters or anthing.

I completely agree.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Golf Pride New Decade

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Golf Pride New Decade

i second this. the New Decades are GREAT grips. however, it is ALL personal preference. some people hate them. full cords are nice too in hot, humid states

Thanks for all the tips guys! I will try them out. I have to admit that I have noticed a little slippage with the wrap style grips. A long session at the driving range saw me launch my 5 wood farther than the ball it hit. Of course, a wet cheap glove contributed there, I have since switched to Footjoy Weathersof cadet gloves, and haven't helicoptered a club since.

Getting better........

What's in my Cart bag:

983k 10.5* driver, Reg flex graphite 904f 15* fairway wood, Reg flex Graphite Cobra SSI Irons 3-PWTA900 52* wedgeTA588 56* wedgeSeemore FGP2 custom putter w/ a Winn urban camo gripGolf Pride Tour Wrap gripsHome Courses:Horseshoe Bay: Ramrock, ...

I personally prefer Tour Velvets. But it really depends on what you personally prefer.

I threw my clubs into the lake so it's time to start over...

Driver: Great Big Bertha II 10°, Callaway System 60 Firm
Woods: Tour 2400 Plus 3
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H, Adila NV 85 SIrons: X20 4-GWPutter: Studio Select Newport 2

Give the New Decade multi compounds a try. As others have said, these are the best grips that I have used.

Driver: Tour Burner TP 9.5* Whiteboard Stiff
Hybrid: Rescue Dual 19*
Irons: 4-pw Mp-32 S300
Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 56* and 60*
Putter: Newport 2 34" 340gBall: Pro-V1 or NXT-tourShoes: Adidas Tour 360 LTD

Stick with Golf Pride. The Tour Velvet grips ( http://golfpride.com/grips/noncord/t...t_62round.aspx ) are what I use, and they are great. You can also look into the Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Compound grips ( http://golfpride.com/grips/cord/mc_nd.aspx ) which have a great feeling and look great(you can personalize the color of the grips). Whatever you do, stick with Golf Pride. They have much more feel than Winn Grips.
In my bag:

Driver: Hibore 11.5*
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWS 20*
4-GW: AP1'sSW: VokeyPutter: Sophia 32"Ball:

I have been using Golf pride tour wrap grips, but my wedges have the Golf pride Tour velvet grips, and I can't decide. Which are better? Neither? What is the best grip for the money?

I see that you are somewhat new to the game; if I may make a recommendation…

Whatever grips you do choose for your clubs – do the re-gripping yourself. The start-up expenses will cost you some cash (that is, if you don’t have on hand the rubber club clamp, hooked utility knife, double sided tape, solvent, and vice grip) but you will end up saving money in the long run.

"Every man is his own hell" - H.L. Mencken

I see that you are somewhat new to the game; if I may make a recommendation…

On this subject, what will I need in order to be able to use my regular shop vice? Do they make some kind of rubber pad insert I could get rather than buying a whole vice?

Edit: Google is my friend http://www.golfsmith.com/products/91...ber_Vise_Clamp

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

I do intend on regripping them myself, and I already have a vice, so I just need to buy a rubber adapter for it and I think I am go for launch. I think I will stick with the tour wraps, the velvets seem to deteriorate a little faster and turn your hands black sooner, so I want to get more for my money.

Getting better........

What's in my Cart bag:

Here's a quick primer on gripping your clubs. Just take your time, it's easy as pie. When I use this method, I use mineral spirits instead of grip solvent. It's cheaper and set up quicker.

Edit: OOPS, looks like the author doesn't want the video embedded, here's the direct link

pGE0LsJupdc

Edit Again: The links not working, sorry..

golfsmith includes a grip kit with grip purchases... you get 13 grips, grip solvent, rubber thing and two sided tape...

Smile, it makes people wonder what you're up to...

Nike Sasquatch 460 10.5 degree driver Diamana shaft
MP-57 3-pw DG R300 shafts
MX700 Hybrid Cleveland CG14 50 degree wedge Nike SV 56 degree wedgeReid Lockhart 56 degree sandwedge (plays like a 60 degree, hence the two 56 degree wedges) Odyssey...

I like Golf Pride tour velvet and tour velvet cord.

MacTec 460 Draw Driver
V-Foil M565 Irons
MT 3 Wood
GigaGolf 52deg gap wedge
Wilson 55deg sand wedge MT Don White 60deg Lob wedgeknockoff 2-ball putter

golfsmith includes a grip kit with grip purchases... you get 13 grips, grip solvent, rubber thing and two sided tape...

Sweet, I will check that out. I need to make all my grips the same. Right now I have the stock titleist grips on my driver and wood, tour wraps on my irons, tour velvets on two of my wedges, and a winn dual compound on my 60*. That makes for a very inconsistent feel from teebox to approach.

Getting better........

What's in my Cart bag:

• 1 month later...
For my irons i use the new GP MultiCompound decade grips in white and blue. All my wedges have the GP dd2's in yellow and my driver, 3 wood, and 5 wood have the blue dd2's.They all really have a different unique comfortable feel to them.
Bag- Orig. 14 Stadium Tour
Driver- R7 limited 9.5*
3 Wood- R7
5 Wood-Viper Tour
Irons- X18/X22 ToursWedges- 52*/ 56* SandPutter- Hamilton f2 series BladeBall- Pro V1Glove-

Note: This thread is 4810 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!