IGNORED

Recommend a driver...

Note: This thread is 5433 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My father in law needs a new driver bad. My wife and I are planning on getting him a $60 gift card for his bday to Roger Dunn Golf Shop down here in SoCal so he can picked up a good used one.

For around $60, what is a good driver that he and I should be on the look out for when we go to redeem the card.

Thanks.

In my stand bag:
Driver: XR-03
Irons: Apex Edge CFT (5-E)
Hybrids: Apex Edge CFT (3-4)
Wedge: Sure Out LWPutter: BombshellShoes: University

u can great some great clubs used for $60 and under. look for some taylormade r5's, adams, older pings and callaways, and of course see what you can get in the titliest bin. look around you can find a lot of great deals on used clubs.

In my Diablo Edge Tour/ Titliest Stand Bag:
Driver: Nike VR Pro 8.5* w/ Myazaki 43g X
3 Wood: Nike VR Pro II 13.5* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X
5 Wood: Cobra S9-1 Pro 18* w/ Diamana Whiteboard 83g X

Hybrid: Mizuno MP Fli-Hi 21* w/ Prolaunch Red X
Irons: 4-7 Titleist 712 CB, 8-9 712 MB w/ TT Dynamic Gold X100

Wedges: 46* Vokey SM4, 54* Vokey SM4, 60* TMade ATV

Putter: Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Belly 43"

last week when i was surfing online,i found a golfwholesale shop.all golf equipment are sold by wholesale price.they are not fake,just originnal OEM.Guarantee the quality of their products,if you find it fake,you can demand to refund anytime!

To the OP, unless you don't mind fake stuff, don't buy from here. I just checked out the website and everything is way too good to be true. $150 Camerons, $300 for new AP2s, $170 for an FT-9. I did a little search and it turns out it ships directly from China and that others have had problems with the fakeness of the clubs.

But, for $60 I'm sure you can get some good used equipment. I would look at some brands that don't get much recognition: Nickent, Adams, etc. Also, try some TaylorMade stuff. Since they release a driver every few months, a driver from 2 years ago is crazy cheap.

In my Ogio Ozone Bag:
TM Superquad 9.5* UST Proforce 77g Stiff
15* Sonartec SS-2.5 (Pershing stiff)
19* TM Burner (stock stiff)
4-U - PING i10 White dot, +1.25 inches, ZZ65 stiff shafts55*/11* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)60*/12* Snake Eyes Form Forged (DGS300)Ping i10 1/2 MoonTitleist ProV1

You can find Taylormade R5's, R580's, and older R7's for around that price.

In my TerraFirma X Bag
360 Ti 10.5° Driver
FT-i Squareway 15.0° 3w
04 Big Bertha 19.0° 5w
04 Big Bertha 4-9, PW, GW +1/2" Irons Vokey Spin-Milled 56°10° SW C02 Milled 35" Putter Contour Shoes and SofJoy GlovesA mix of NXT and Laddie Xtreme balls

To the OP, unless you don't mind fake stuff, don't buy from here. I just checked out the website and everything is way too good to be true. $150 Camerons, $300 for new AP2s, $170 for an FT-9. I did a little search and it turns out it ships directly from China and that others have had problems with the fakeness of the clubs.

Also, When they dont carry anything LH its a good sign its fake stuff. I dont think there is much of a market in fake LH gear. just not enough LH golfers I bet.

In my Staff bag:
Bazooka HP-5 Driver 460cc
Bazooka OS HP-5 3/5 Woods
Jmax QL Irons 5-PW (Graphite Stiff Shafts)
X-tour Gap Wedge 52* X-tour Sand Wedge 56* Lob Wedge 60* Rossa Daytona 1 Putter

Some older Big Berthas can be had for that and they are very forgiving.

In my SQ Tour bag:
10.5 Degree Burner 2007
Burner 2007 3 wood
19 Degree Burner 2008 Hybrid
Rac LT 2005 Irons Craz-e IWI 2009 mallet

My dad is a terrible golfer, and he still manages to hit his G10 straight with senior flex shaft. Really, it's actually HARD to slice that thing. How good of a player is your father in law, though?

My dad is a terrible golfer, and he still manages to hit his G10 straight with senior flex shaft. Really, it's actually HARD to slice that thing. How good of a player is your father in law, though?

Well, really, it depends on your swing. I mean, some people have a swing thats prone to slice the ball because they cut across it. Even if your Dad is bad, he still may not have that exact swing flaw that causes a big slice.

But, with that said, a Ping G10 is a really nice club. I hit mine pretty straight.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Just got my brother a used Cobra driver and he loves it. He's had great luck with it and hits is great. Like someone said earlier, he can get a lot of club for $60.

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood
755 Irons Tri Spec S Shafts 585 19* Hybrid w/ Aldilia NV S Shaft 3DX 23* Hybrid Tour 58* wedge CG 12 56* Wedge NCX-Ray Alpha Putter

My father in law needs a new driver bad. My wife and I are planning on getting him a $60 gift card for his bday to Roger Dunn Golf Shop down here in SoCal so he can picked up a good used one.

Check out www.rockbottomgolf.com They have the Mizuno's MX-560 driver for either $79. When I was searching not long ago, this was one that was highly recommended.
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

He ended up picking a King Cobra driver for $50. I don't remember the model, but we played a round that afternoon and he loved it. Thanks for all the suggestions.

In my stand bag:

If you can find one the King Cobra Comp 454 is really nice. Ultra forgiving and if you want to, workable.

^^^ oops didn't see your post my bad.

If winning isn't everything why do they keep score?
- Vince Lombardi

In my Ping Hoofer 08 camo bag :
Cobra 454 Comp 10.5* UST ProForce V2 stiffTaylormade R7 TP 15* UST ProForce V2 stiffTaylormade R7 TP 17.5* UST ProForce V2 stiffAdams A1 Pro Idea 4-PWTitleist Oil Can 52*Titleist Oil Can Spin...

If you can find one the King Cobra Comp 454 is really nice. Ultra forgiving and if you want to, workable.

Actually, I think that might be what he got. It played great for him and really straightened out his drive.

In my stand bag:

Note: This thread is 5433 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!