IGNORED

Hitting short clubs well, need help with longer ones

Note: This thread is 5429 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Hello,

One would need to take a look at your swing, but you might be trying to
shallow your swing too much.

I just posted a suggestion which worked for me, since I was unconsciously
and consciously trying to swing faster (for long irons), almost like a
wood shot, and my tip solved my problem:

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/showthr...369#post312369

Regards,

Riquet.

Its now coming all together! Ive been having simliar problems and I think its because my arms are to infront of the ball.. so maybe swing more or less like a driver with less steep of an angle. Dont swing any harder then you would a 9i or 7i.. My biggest problem is when staying on the same "path" on my downsing as in my takeaway.. things dont sync. up

In my Tour Bag:

Taylormade RBZ Driver, 3w, 3h
Cobra Amp Cell Irons 4i-pw
Vokey Wedges, 52,56,60

Scotty Cameron Putter

"I'd shoot an eagle anyday over a regular ol' birdie"

I had the same problem until last night. I just had a lesson with a pro last night, and he said when you set up for your short irons, sw-6i, your hands should be directly below your chin at set up, with the ball in the middle of your stance.

For longer irons, (5i-3w), your ball is front middle of your stance with your hands setup below your nose and you're standing a little taller.

For your driver, your setup with the ball off your leading heel, your hands setup below your eyes and you're standing a little taller yet. Still have your knee bend and spine tilt, but you're just more upright (not so much over the ball).

Hard to describe without pics, but I noticed with these subtle variations in setup, it promotes a shallower swing plane as you go with longer clubs.

FT-5 driver
Fybrid 3 Wood
Idea Tech A4OS 3&4 hybrids
Idea Tech A4 Forged 5-LW
588 DSG 56 wedge Carolyne putter Grom bag

I had the same problem until last night. I just had a lesson with a pro last night, and he said when you set up for your short irons, sw-6i, your hands should be directly below your chin at set up, with the ball in the middle of your stance.

With such advice, you too can turn that kimbo slice into a kimbo draw!

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Note: This thread is 5429 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!