IGNORED

St Jude Classic

mcfc_nick
Note: This thread is 5400 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This week the tour stops in Memphis,Tennessee for the St Jude Classic. Yet again there is another pretty strong field here this week (but you'd expect that the week before a major). phil's back and raring to go but so are people like garcia, stenson, harrington, goosen, clark, toms and leonard. this week im gunning for camilo as he has got a little run of made cuts going and when his game is on, it is on! who's gonna win this week?

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

I really do hope Phil does decent just for sentimental reasons but I like Stenson this week. He's obviously a great player, just to do what he did at the Players against the best field and a very tough course...I'm sure he'll have his game face on with only a week before the US open. I'll be looking for him on the first page come Sunday. I'd also like to think David Toms will be up there in contention on the weekend. He won this event in '03 and '04, add in 6 top 10s and he's looking solid for this week.

In the bizzag...

Driver--TaylorMade Burner 9.5*
3W--TaylorMade Burner 15*
Hybrid--TaylorMade Burner Rescue 19*Irons--Maltby KE4 Tour(4-PW)Wedges--Cleveland CG14(52,56,60)Putter--Wilson CI1Ball--Nike One Platinum

john f*ckin daly

"One of the reasons Arnie Palmer is playing so well is that, before each final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them. Oh my God, what have I just said."
US Open TV Commentator

S9-1 Pro D Driver 9.5 Degree Matrix Ozik XCON-6
CGB 3WPro Baffler 2/R 2HybridMP-37 Project X 6.0Vokey...

I like Retief or Camilo to win with Phil posting a top 15 finish

Nike SQ 460 9.5 Stiff
Nike SQ 3 Wood 15* Stiff
Titleist 585H 19* DG S300
Mizuno MP33 3-PW DG S300
Bob Vokey 54.10* & 60.04*Scotty Cameron Studio Stainless Newport 2

This week the tour stops in Memphis,Tennessee for the St Jude Classic. Yet again there is another pretty strong field here this week (but you'd expect that the week before a major). phil's back and raring to go but so are people like garcia, stenson, harrington, goosen, clark, toms and leonard. this week im gunning for camilo as he has got a little run of made cuts going and when his game is on, it is on! who's gonna win this week?

I hope Phil does well to get prepared for Bethpage. He likes to play the week before a Major, and it seems to be a good plan for him. By the way, the LPGA is holding a Major this week---the LPGA Championship at Bulle Rock, a Pete Dye course in Maryland. That should be interesting, and I hope an American wins---Paula or Natalie or Cristie, or even the Great Gray Hair---Juli Inkster.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

I wanted to go this weekend, but it looks like I'm going to have to do some work this weekend and stay around the house. Seems like its going to be a good weekend.

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood
755 Irons Tri Spec S Shafts 585 19* Hybrid w/ Aldilia NV S Shaft 3DX 23* Hybrid Tour 58* wedge CG 12 56* Wedge NCX-Ray Alpha Putter

I admire this tournament, a good cause. Have friends who have won it, and the Texas-Tennesse connection is real -- good guys. Few years ago, I got to play in a Texas-Tennesse Ryder Cup match against the Tennesse guys -- great fun.

RC

My Magic 8 Ball said...... JD and Phil in a playoff

Then I asked ..."who wins?????!!!!!!" .
8 ball says ............"Don't Know?"

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

I know I'm going to watch, but I have more of an 'eh' attitude. The US Open is the next week and it will be my first US Open that I can watch and appreciate. Before a year or two ago it was one of those things where I would catch highlights of it or give it an 'oh, ok its a pretty big golf tournament' if it happened to be on where I was.
Now I just can't wait for it to come on. I tell my other friends about it and they think I've lost my mind.
So I am excited for this tournament to be over and open week to start!

I know I'm going to watch, but I have more of an 'eh' attitude. The US Open is the next week and it will be my first US Open that I can watch and appreciate. Before a year or two ago it was one of those things where I would catch highlights of it or give it an 'oh, ok its a pretty big golf tournament' if it happened to be on where I was.

I think the St Jude will be good...I think Phil might revamp his course management a little and play smarter...just my hunch. I think he always tries to bomb the driver, seems like he swings out of his shoes (and when he does he smokes it right up there with JB, D. Johnson and Bubba) but it gets him into more trouble when he doesn't hit it on the screws.

Of course the US Open is "holy week" at my house

In the Bag...Ping Hoofer

3dx Tour Square - UST V2 HMOI X Flex
3dx 15* - X flex
Baffler DWS 20* Aldila NV Stiff 4-GW 600XC Forged Irons- S Flex 55* SW - Burner XD 60* LW - Burner XD Craz E Putter <----ProV1x---> Pellet

Phil just might do that in gearing up for the open. I am glad to hear he's back to play in it. I hope he plays really well.

I agree with you. The US Open will be super is we can see Phil and Tiger battle it out.

i never root for phil, but this one time, since tiger isnt in it, and its phils first tournament since the diagnosis announcement, ill root for him.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Phil---68!! Congratulations and keep it going.

John Daly---72---you had better get hustling to make the cut.

Brian Gay on fire

Blade Stand Bag
905R 11.5 R flex
Tight Lies 3 Wood
Ci7 Irons 4-GW R Flex
Vokey SM Wedges 54 / 58Classic Putter #1 34"ProV1 or U-Tri Tour or E5+

I see Jose Maria Olazabal is doing well. That is great, and I wish him well. While Seve always had intensity, Jose Maria was the cool dude who partnered well with the Hot Head during the Ryder Cup matches. I thought he was an old guy, but he was born in 1966, so he is only 43 years old---a "youngster".

Note: This thread is 5400 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!