IGNORED

Course drinkers only, others need not apply.

Uthinkso
Note: This thread is 3763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Arnold Daley?

3D, that is perfect. I'm passing it on lol.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got plowed on the course yesterday. Playing in a best ball scramble type event so it was w/e. We had 4 guys hitting the same shot every time and using the best one so missing wasn't too bad.

Was actually terrible when we started with only my chipping really working but as I got intoxicated more and more the irons started to come around.

Couldn't get off the tee at all for some reason. I think I was trying to hit the ball too hard since I knew the drive wasn't too important considering we had 3 others to work with.

I got plowed on the course yesterday. Playing in a best ball scramble......

You successfully completed your scramble duty

!

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

I played with a guy who had to be about 50, got wasted out of his mind and shot a 67. It was the single most amazing thing I've ever seen on a golf course.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

I have been struggling on my home track this year, turning in several rounds in the mid-low 50's. I am scratching my head, but I think I have found the answer. Beer. Last year I swore off the stuff and started playing much better, then I got back to having a few while I played and did rather well (bottom 40's high 30's).

I play horribly when I have even one beer. I get drunk easily since I do not drink much to begin with.

I stay away from beer as far as I can when I am playing. But I'll have one or two once in a while at the 19th hole...

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Was anyone else inspired to crack open a beer while reading this thread?

I find that a few 1-2 beers per 9 holes have no adverse effects on my game, mostly because I've stopped keeping score by that point.

Hit a ball with a stick...how hard can it be?

Golf Digest published results a couple of years on drinking on the course, they had three groups of High, Mid, and low cap golfers. One group drank a lot, one group drank none, and one group drank a couple. I searched for the results but could not find so I will summarize...

For the high and mid cap golfers the group that scored the best was the 'couple' of drinks. the reason being that it lowered inhibitions decreasing negative thoughts without hindering coordination or 'impairing' judgement. For the low cappers the no drink group did the best, obviously because they are at a different starting point.

For me personally I see no difference between none and a few. However, and this was an anomaly, my best round was drinking 'a lot.' (i.e. more than 12) It was my buddy's bachelor party and I reasoned that if I hit a good shot, I could have more time to flag down the cart girl.

I find that a few 1-2 beers per 9 holes have no adverse effects on my game, mostly because I've stopped keeping score by that point.

+1

Thanks, I'm going to remember that one

My regular pasture.

an iced cold beer straight from the beercart served by a hot chick on a really hot humid day is in one word... delicious... but any more than 2 beers means my round is in the toilet anyways
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Beer works, so does Crown or JD

My Weapons of Grass Destruction:

:titleist: TS2 10.5*;  917F2 15*;  818H1 19*;  716 AP2 4-P;  Pro V1x

:vokey: SM7's - 50.12 F, 56.14 F, 60.08 M

:odyssey: Black Series 3

:footjoy:  :oakley: 

• 4 years later...
I played with a guy who had to be about 50, got wasted out of his mind and shot a 67. It was the single most amazing thing I've ever seen on a golf course.

Ya, on the front 9 maybe.

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

Golf Digest published results a couple of years on drinking on the course, they had three groups of High, Mid, and low cap golfers. One group drank a lot, one group drank none, and one group drank a couple. I searched for the results but could not find so I will summarize... For the high and mid cap golfers the group that scored the best was the 'couple' of drinks. the reason being that it lowered inhibitions decreasing negative thoughts without hindering coordination or 'impairing' judgement. For the low cappers the no drink group did the best, obviously because they are at a different starting point. For me personally I see no difference between none and a few. However, and this was an anomaly, my best round was drinking 'a lot.' (i.e. more than 12) It was my buddy's bachelor party and I reasoned that if I hit a good shot, I could have more time to flag down the cart girl.

I don't really want to burst anyone's bubble but I will never believe that anyone played good golf while really drinking.. Never mind trusting that they kept track if their shots correctly...

:adams: / :tmade: / :edel: / :aimpoint: / :ecco: / :bushnell: / :gamegolf: / 

Eyad

I pace myself to one beer per 3 holes of play...We often play a game called Fireball on top of it lol...it goes something like this...three putt=shot, triple bogey=shot, OB tee shot=shot, everyone pars the hole=everyone takes a shot, if you birdie and no one else does=the other 3 players take a shot...

I like golf.

I like beer.

I have never understood combining the two, however - at least not before my ball finds the bottom of the cup on the 18th hole.

Besides which, my trolley [pull-cart], only has a holder for one beverage, and my water bottle is essential equipment as I walk the course...

I like golf.

I like beer.

I have never understood combining the two, however

I have never understood NOT combining the two. I can't imagine a beautiful spring afternoon, playing the game I love, accompanied by some long-time friends and not cracking a few cold ones in the process. What is wrong with some of you people??????? ;-)

I generally tee off at 8:00 on Saturdays and am a bit upset if the cart girl does not find me by 8:15.

2 on each 9 is a perfect round for me, when the cart girl finds me a 3rd time, the round tends to suffer - but since I do not get paid to play - who cares?

Follow me on twitter

Chris, although my friends call me Mr.L

Note: This thread is 3763 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!