IGNORED

Course drinkers only, others need not apply.

Uthinkso
Note: This thread is 3736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

drinking is a sure way to cause more strokes but if you're drinking, why do you care how many strokes you took?

some of the guys I play with are sooo old that if one of them has a stroke one the course the other guys count it! ... :-D

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Front nine I'm two or three up.

At the turn my son-in-law starts catching the cart girl and buying me a few.

Finish one or two down... but enjoyed every minute! :beer:

Craig

:wilsonstaff: - FG Tour F5
:wilsonstaff: - Fybrid 3W 15*, FY 19.5*, 4H 24*
:wilsonstaff: - FG 51 Tour Blade 4-9
:wilson: - Harmonized 50, 55, 60
Old Master - TZ Putter

some of the guys I play with are sooo old that if one of them has a stroke one the course the other guys count it! ...

That's a tough game there.

Rich C.

Driver Titleist 915 D3  9.5*
3 Wood TM RBZ stage 2 tour  14.5*
2 Hybrid Cobra baffler 17*
4Hybrid Adams 23*
Irons Adams CB2's 5-GW
Wedges 54* and 58* Titleist vokey
Putter Scotty Cameron square back 2014
Ball Srixon Zstar optic yellow
bushnell V2 slope edition

It is important that I know my goals for the round before heading to the course. Morning rounds are always sober rounds, and also are typically my most focused rounds. I don't spend a whole lot of time yapping with my partners or anything, I'm there to go low. I don't avoid talking or anything like that, we chat it up, but it's a serious round in my eyes. Afternoon rounds on the other hand often times begin with me packing a decent cooler consisting of some beers and maybe a little Crown if it's not too hot out. Both are enjoyable in their own way, but my play definitely seems to suffer on the rounds I drink. However, I tend to lower my standards a bit for those rounds so I still have a really good time.

I agree in the mornings I'm there to clean house but by the afternoon if it's hit hurry-up and wait I much prefer to wait with a cold one or if it's cold sip on a warm spiked coffee

I'm a moderately heavy drinker and can pound them with the best of them (at least back in my college days) but more than 1 beer per 9 holes and my game is thrown off. With one beer I'm relaxed and usually play a little better. Last time I was on the cusp of breaking 100, the drink cart girl caught up to us when I was about to hit my 3rd shot on a Par 5. She only had Jameson, so I took a shot. What could have been a GIR was me struggling to get out of the bunker and blowing up for the rest of the round. Ended up shooting 105.

Driver: Callaway Mavrik 10*

Wood: Callaway Epic Flash 17* 

Hybrid: Callaway Mavrik 20*

Irons: Callaway Rogue X 5i-GW

Wedges: Vokey SM8 54*S and 58*K

Putter: Ping Prime Tyne 4

Ah, swing lube.  I like to have some and do so during just about every round.  Ironically, we lost two league players (noobs to our league) because our group 'wasn't taking golf seriously enough' for them.  Seriously?  We're not taking golf seriously enough?

Anyone who has to transition from work to golf on a weekday evening understands the power of swing lube be it beer or alcohol.  Heck, one guy in our league brings martinis in one of those metal shaker containers.  You can find him standing on a tee box with a martini, cigar and closing out a 9-hole round in 33 many Thursday nights.

Relax and enjoy a beer.  Just drink responsibly and don't drive drunk after a round of golf, please.

dave

The ultimate "old man" setup:

Ping G30 driver
Ping G Fairway woods - 5 and 7 woods
Callaway X-Hot #5 hybrid; Old school secret weapon
Ping G #6-9 irons; W and U wedges
Vokey 54 and 58* Wedges
Odyssey Versa Putter
Golf Balls

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Has anyone ever use that putter that you could fill up the shaft through the butt cap?

Roughly calculated a putter can only hold about 100ml of fluid.

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Roughly calculated a putter can only hold about 100ml of fluid.

Another solid argument for the long putter! :-P

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

trying to multi quote but unsure if I did this right...

so I'm pretty sure I can build a two piece locking 100" putter, with the current USGA split grip rules on putters(round) and the popularity of counter weighting I think we're on to something, the key is balancing it about 34" inches from the sole...definitely going to be a thru-bore for the beer bong attachment(which you get free if you call within the next ten minutes)...I think one of those little orange bicycle flags on top would be nice too...I can't wait to take a shot and a drop on the putting surface or anywhere for that matter lol...if anyone wants to chip in to make the club let me know and I'll make it happen and USGA legal! or at least until you play with liquid in the shaft lol

trying to multi quote but unsure if I did this right...

so I'm pretty sure I can build a two piece locking 100" putter, with the current USGA split grip rules on putters(round) and the popularity of counter weighting I think we're on to something, the key is balancing it about 34" inches from the sole...definitely going to be a thru-bore for the beer bong attachment(which you get free if you call within the next ten minutes)...I think one of those little orange bicycle flags on top would be nice too...I can't wait to take a shot and a drop on the putting surface or anywhere for that matter lol...if anyone wants to chip in to make the club let me know and I'll make it happen and USGA legal! or at least until you play with liquid in the shaft lol

Is there is any rule against having a multiple rod shaft? Maybe 7 putter shafts welded together in parallel would give you 700ml?

Ironically, this would add weight for a heavy putter so to speak, and potentially make it more stable.

In the 1600s, the 18 hole golf course was limited by the number of shots in a flask. . .

And now, the birth of the "ultimate" putter . . .

Heavy and stable and provides a soothing "Elixer" for putting efficiency, and enough for 18 holes.

:-):-):-)

:ping:  :tmade:  :callaway:   :gamegolf:  :titleist:

TM White Smoke Big Fontana; Pro-V1
TM Rac 60 TT WS, MD2 56
Ping i20 irons U-4, CFS300
Callaway XR16 9 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S
Callaway XR16 3W 15 degree Fujikura Speeder 565 S, X2Hot Pro 20 degrees S

"I'm hitting the woods just great, but I'm having a terrible time getting out of them." ~Harry Toscano

Is there is any rule against having a multiple rod shaft? Maybe 7 putter shafts welded together in parallel would give you 700ml?

Ironically, this would add weight for a heavy putter so to speak, and potentially make it more stable.

In the 1600s, the 18 hole golf course was limited by the number of shots in a flask. . .

And now, the birth of the "ultimate" putter. . .

Heavy and stable and provides a soothing "Elixer" for putting efficiency, and enough for 18 holes.

no there isn't as long as they're 'fixed'...now your feeling me lol ...I'll provide the head and labor. The upper section needs to be graphite(I've got plenty of 'pulled' graphite shafts no charge lol) to make it 'playable', we need to use steel in the 'tip' for feel and balance, it will work as long as the balance point is around 34-33 inches from the sole.  I smell a Guinness book of world record lol

Note: This thread is 3736 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!