IGNORED

Pushcarts

Note:Β This thread is 5407 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!

Looked at the Clicgear, Bag Boy, and Sun Mt carts today. Anyone have a personal review on any of these or others?

(I've looked over the reviews for some on the main site)

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

BAGBOY EXPRESS 240

cant go wrong..

some others may be a little flashier, but this one gets the job done for me.

I started out with the 2 wheel bagboy, and walked into roger dunn and upgraded to the 3 wheels..

keeps yours legs and shoulders a lot fresher.. Im only 28 love to walk the course but lugging those bags around and then having to swing the club is too much..

BagBoy express 240 gets my vote..

I have a Sun Mountain Speed Cart V1. I like it; a friend has aClicGear, which is nice too. The advantage of the ClicGear over my Sun is the foam tires; mine go flat from time to time. Sun Mountain must've listened because they make a foam tire kit now, but for $70.
I make all my own clubs:
Driver: Snake Eyes Python XLD | | 3-Wood: Snake Eyes Python XL Faiway, 15*Β  | | Snake Eyes HT Iron Set, 3-, 4-Utility, 5-, 6-Hybrid, 7-PW Cavity Back | | Golfsmith G-40 Wedges, 52, 56, 60 | | Distance Master DM-AS2 Putter | |Ball? The last one I found ... that... was YOURS!!

Walking has changed the game for me, I don't even like to ride anymore and I am almost 48.

The clicgear cart is awesome. Very easy to push around the course.

callaway.gifΒ X-HotΒ Pro 9.5Β 
callaway.gif X-Hot Pro 3 DeepΒ 14.5

callaway.gifΒ X-Hot Pro Hybrid 18 and 23
callaway.gifΒ X-22 3-L
odyssey.gifΒ White Ice Sabertooth
clicgear.gifΒ 2.0 black - bushnell.gif Tour V2

Is it hard or a pain to keep a stand bag on any of these? I'm probably going to stay with a stand bag if I can. It's a hassle to ride with one sometimes.

On a side note, today I saw a guy riding on the back of a cart with the bags holding onto his which was on a 2 wheel pull cart.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

I have a ClicGear 2.0. Really like it. Well built and easy to handle. It really is strong looking -- big tubular parts. Easy to unfold and fold back up. Easily lifted with one hand. Everything is well done.

I like the storage on the top -- good for a couple-three balls, my pda, and gps and a pencil. The bottle holder appears to take some fairly large bottles and it nice. A basket or hanging bag might be nice for wet towels or snacks. But then again, you do have a golf bag on the cart.

The brake system is really good. The cart appears to be balanced well to stay stopped on any slopes but the most extreme. The cart rolls easily over almost any terrain. The wide two handed grip is nice for pushing.

I have two complaints.
The umbrella holder is one. The standard issue one is a bit lame. The new improved one addresses most of those issues but at additional cost.

The other is the width of the wheel base. It make the cart very stable, but is difficult to take through some doors and paths eg at the driving range and small foot bridges. I am guessing 36" wide. Not terrible but wide. Granted I do not need a cart for most ranges -- but during pre-round warmup, the cart is already loaded.
Has it ever stopped me from proceeding. No. Just a bother.
Michael Krolewski

In the Bag Boy Revolver Pro on a Clicgear 2.0 cart:
Acer Mantara XL Driver 10.5
Acer Mantara S.S 3 Wood; 3DX DC 15* Hybrid (3w/1h); 3DX DC 17* Hybrid (4w/2h); Acer XP905 Ti Hollow Core WS 4-9i; cg14 48* 2dot; cg14 54* 1dot; cg14 60* 1dot

• Administrator
I haven't ever used the Clicgear 2.0, but I'm reviewing the Sun Mountain Micro Cart and I really like it. I think it's comparable. It's small, lightweight, and goes straight. Putting a bag on is easy (cart or stand bags).

Erik J. Barzeski β€” β›³Β I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. πŸŒπŸΌβ€β™‚οΈ
Director of InstructionΒ Golf EvolutionΒ β€’Β Owner,Β The Sand Trap .comΒ β€’Β Author,Β Lowest Score Wins
Golf DigestΒ "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17Β &Β "Best in State" 2017-20Β β€’ WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019Β :edel:Β :true_linkswear:

Check Out:Β New TopicsΒ |Β TST BlogΒ |Β Golf TermsΒ |Β Instructional ContentΒ |Β AnalyzrΒ |Β LSWΒ | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Clic gear all the way! Best investment I made! Great quality, folds nicely and just simply awesome. I think it's a beast of a cart in comparison to what is out there. It may be heavier than most of the carts but that is in comparison to the lesser featured carts.

Trust me, Clic Gear is the only way to go in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, the other carts are great as well but you can't beat the durability that Clic Gear sells.

In my Edge and Atlas bag:
driver: FT-iQ 9R and Taylormade R9 460 10.5 R
wood: 5 Wood FT-iQ Neutral
hybrid(s): 3 Burner
irons: x22 3-PWwedges: Black Nickel Vokey 52/8, 56/11 & Oil Can 60/7 and Callaway x-Forge 56putter: Studio Style Newport 2 33" and Sabretooth 33"GPS RangeFinder: uPRORangeFinder....

I got a bag boy SC-(can't remember exact model). But the new ones are about 120 on TGW. I like it alot. Folds up reasonable small but not as small as the more compact ones. It fits in an older rav 4 with no issues and it has a really small cargo area. Really easy to open and un-open. It rolls straight and is much cheaper than some. Nice and stable. I got mine on ebay for 70 shipped in almost new condition.

Brian

Looked at the Clicgear, Bag Boy, and Sun Mt carts today. Anyone have a personal review on any of these or others?

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the above.

I have a Sun Mountain V1, it's unbelievable. Personally, I like the pneumatic tires, smooth, smooth, smooth sailing, and I've never had an issue with flats, just an occasional pumping using the onboard pump. I also added the seat which is superb if your stuck watching the slowpokes in front plumb bobbing their 4th putt every hole. The umbrella holder setup is fantastic, you WILL stay drier than your cart riding buddies in the rain. I also like the brake. It's controlled on the handle and locks the FRONT wheel. It's great for quick getaways near the green. Just do a wheelie and off you go. But, If transport space is your primary concern, then the Clicgear is for you. It folds up really small. Other than that, it offers nothing over the Sun Mountain. Whatever you do though, stick with the name brands. These things should last forever if you don't roll them into the lake.

I too am in the market for a push cart. I have narrowed it down to either the Bag Boy Express 240 or the Clicgear 2.0. After hours of research, I am still 50/50 on these. Anybody have experience with both?

I too am in the market for a push cart. I have narrowed it down to either the Bag Boy Express 240 or the Clicgear 2.0. After hours of research, I am still 50/50 on these. Anybody have experience with both?

I don't think you can go wrong with either or. They both are great products. However, with that said, in my opinion, the Clic Gear is much more solid by design.

Feature by feature, such as the scorecard holder, cup holder, etc. they seem to go head to head with each other. I don't know about the bag boy but the clic gear impressed me with these certain features that you really can find on websites other than personal reviews such as the following... Clic Gear has... 1. External Umbrella holder. I didn't know what this was at first because it was not documented anywhere in the brochure/website/video. After bringing my umbrella one day which was attached to my bag, I was like hmm, these straps on the cart seem to fit perfectly. The bottom line was, you can attach and secure your bag to the cart and the umbrella can be attached outside of the bag and onto the cart so you have ease to accessing your umbrella. 2. Glove holders (velcro) Although simple in design, on both sides of the handle are two velcro attachment points where you can stick your glove on. Simple yet very useful. 3. Similar Features I wont' go into too much detail with this but from the look of things, I can't tell from Bag Boy but the Clic Gear comes with an standard umbrella holder, this actually detaches and can be attached at the base of the handle. Very innovative. It seems like you have to buy an extra accessory from Bag boy. Clic Gear has pencil holder, scorecard holder, a compartment that can hold 3 balls and other things, tee holder. 4. Accessories Here is what I like about Clic Gear and perhaps one of the hardest information to find on Clic Gear site. Under their accessory page, you see a set of accessories specifically for the cart such as...wheel cover, shoe brush, etc. These are the basic accessories. You can find it here. What people don't know is that if you go to the USA Clic Gear site, there are tons of others, such as GPS holder, hand gloves, rain gear. You can find it here. As you can see, from an accessory point of view, the options are just pretty cool. Clic Gear thought of everything!

In my Edge and Atlas bag:
driver: FT-iQ 9R and Taylormade R9 460 10.5 R
wood: 5 Wood FT-iQ Neutral
hybrid(s): 3 Burner
irons: x22 3-PWwedges: Black Nickel Vokey 52/8, 56/11 & Oil Can 60/7 and Callaway x-Forge 56putter: Studio Style Newport 2 33" and Sabretooth 33"GPS RangeFinder: uPRORangeFinder....

I went with the Sun Mtn Micro for the sole reason that it was smaller with the bag on it. I liked the clic gear but it was HUGE to my eyes. I liked how the Sun Mtn was a little smaller and still had the features I liked

Is it hard or a pain to keep a stand bag on any of these? I'm probably going to stay with a stand bag if I can. It's a hassle to ride with one sometimes.

You know how when you try to strap your stand bag in a golf cart the bag doesn't sit flush at the top because the stand/legs get in the way? And all you do is just make sure its in there solidly and close the strap thingy. That's exactly what happens with my bag on the clicgear. It's a non-issue for me.

My bag does have that callaway stand system thing so I don't really have a pedal on the bottom..... so I can't vouch for that.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5Β° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13Β° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18Β° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

I've got the clicgear 2.0 and it's awesome. Kinda funky to fold / unfold, but I love it.

In my Grom:

HiBore XLS 10.5 / ProLaunch Blue
Ti Great Big Bertha Warbird 3 Wood
Killer Whale 5 WoodPinemeadow Command 3 Hy Eye 2 + 4-9 Irons 588 RTG 49 "Special", Gunmetal 56, RTG 60 White Hot #5 Tour B330-RXEpoch Tees Royal Oaks Golf Club

clicgear 2.0, and I love it. Made my day much more relaxing when im playing 36 holes. I still usually carry ig its only 18 though.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Note:Β This thread is 5407 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic.Β Thank you!