IGNORED

What is your biggest pet-peeve in Golf?

rckwd
Note: This thread is 2516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I see that a lot too.

We walk a lot, and I hate when a friend of mine brings his push cart with him on every shot. He spends 20 min. a round back tracking with his cart.

Taylor Made Burner driver and 3 wood
Taylor Made 3 hybrid
Taylor Made R7 irons 4-AW
Cleveland rusty 56 and 60 wedges
Odyssey White Steel 2-ball putterTitleist DT Roll

Probably a golf friend of mines pre-shot routine. It's legit and he does well and he does the same routine every time. But he takes the practice swing or 3, takes a lot of time to get the grip just right, put the face near the ball with feet together, gets his stance right and then holds it for a few seconds. He golfs pretty well so whatever, but it's seriously annoying sometimes.

I'm a fast player. I trust my mechanics. Grip is checked instantly, do a pre-shot half-swing thing I ripped off some pro, address the ball and shoot. Takes all of 13 seconds from the time I get my club.

The tee-box is the worst. I requested I always tee first because he takes so long. He's got his routine and it works for him. But damn can it be annoying.

Fan's who take the game (whatever it may be) a little too seriously...

Wouldn't that mean the fan wasn't taking the competition seriously enough? I mean, pouring a beer on a guy is kind if hilarious in some ways. But it can affect the outcome of the competition and any serious observer of the competition would hate for outside forces to interfere with the results of said competition.

• 2 weeks later...
Golf....slow play

Other sports....... Loud mouthed, whinning, self important, spoiled, overpaid, sports stars!!!!!

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Golfers that over exaggerate how far they hit the ball or what score they shot is the most irritating thing in golf!
Saying you hit a few drives over 300 yds when they actually went 275 yds does not make you a better golfer.

Further, saying you shot in the 80s when you take 5 re-hits does not make you a decent golfer that consistently shoots in the 80s! You are only cheating yourself - man-up, be honest and take your game for what it is, not what you wish it was!!

This is a pet-peeve, especially if you talk yourself up prior to getting out for the round and then you shite the bed on the course.

richieb

Nothing ticks me off on the course more than being paired with someone who just doesn't know when to shut up. Two people stick out in my mind as the worst.

I was playing with a friend last week and they sent a single out with us, and this guy had to make a comment after every single shot that anybody in the group hit. How my buddy's shot needed to draw more, how he had misread his putt or how I had misread mine, it never ended. We tried to humor him for a while but were flat out ignoring him by the back 9, but he never seemed to take the hint.

Though the worst playing partner I've ever had was a guy who was rattling off jokes the entire round. And not just any jokes, it was like the comedian in the comedy club scene in Goodfellas. Rapid fire one-liners that were so stale they had ceased to be funny before I was born. Occasionally he would have one that required another person to ask an obvious question that would set him up for his punch line, and the guy he had shown up with would comply each time like he was some kind of trained parrot. His friend had to leave at the turn, and pretty soon the comedian was expecting me to deliver the set up question. I tried to act as disinterested as possible without seeming rude, but he would tell me "you were supposed to say, blah blah blah..." like I didn't understand what was going on and his humor was somehow over my head. This also never stopped for the entire round, and this was the only time I have ever walked off a course without finishing. I was playing terrible, and after snap hooking my tee shot on 18 back into the 17th fairway I was faced with the choice of listening to this guy for another hole, or just walking to my car which was about as far away as my tee ball was. I chose the latter, and don't regret it a bit.

People like these, as well as "get in the hole" guy, need to STFU. I just find it hard to tell them to do so without feeling like a jerk myself.

when you play with somone you just met who obviously is lesser skill than you and they try and give you playing tips.. its annoying

or when you play with someone that just wont admit they made a bad shot, and make up tons of excuses of why the ball did what it did.

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

Pickup truck commercials every 3 minutes during NFL games...

Jim

In my Ogio Blade Stand Bag:

TaylorMade Burner 10.5*

Adams Insight BUL 15*
Taylormade RBZ 3H

TaylorMade RBZ 4-AW

Vokey SM4 54-11

Cleveland CG14 58 2 dot wedge

Ping Karsten Series Craz-E putter

Top Flite Gamer

What is your biggest pet-peeve in Golf or other sports?

Golf fans yelling "You Da Man!"

Actually, any fan who is such a fervent supporter of his or her player or team that he/she cannot see the opposition is pretty damn good as well.

Mitch Pezdek------Dash Aficionado and Legend in My Own Mind

Caddies lining up their players. This needs to be banned.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

I hate douchebags that yell "go in the hole" during golf tournaments. Oh my, I hate that worse than anything.

- DN

- DN
Sun Mountain C-130 Bag - Titanium
Ping G10 Irons PW-5
Ping G10 Driver
Ping G10 21 and 24 HybridsPing G15 17 HybridScotty Newport 2 Button BackTitleist Vokey Spin Milled 52 (8), 56 (14), and 60 (4)Titleist ProV1Backspin Buddy Groove Sharpener (yes, it works great)Adidas 360 Ltd.

or you got some slow ass people playing in front of you that are some of the worst players in golf, but they take the time as a pga proffesional would.. like taking tons and tons of practice swings and taking forever to line up there putts, as like they were the only ones on the course and there was not a line at the tee box.. those are the times when i just wanna yell, "hurry the f**k up!"

:cobra: Speed ld-f 10.5 Stiff
:snake_eyes: 3 & 5 Woods
:adams:A4 3 hybrid
:bridgestone: J33 Forged Irons 4-pw
:ping: 50th Aniv. Karsten Ansr Putter56*, 60* wedges

or you got some slow ass people playing in front of you that are some of the worst players in golf, but they take the time as a pga proffesional would.. like taking tons and tons of practice swings and taking forever to line up there putts, as like they were the only ones on the course and there was not a line at the tee box.. those are the times when i just wanna yell, "hurry the f**k up!"

Wait until they're on the backswing of their shot/putt and shout "

Get in the hole!! " (or if they're on their third practice swing, shout "FORE!!").

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

Note: This thread is 2516 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!