IGNORED

What is your biggest pet-peeve in Golf?

rckwd
Note: This thread is 2517 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

-Golfers who don't yell "Fore!" when they hit a ball towards you
-Slow/Bad golfers in front of you who don't let you pass and just ignore you
-Golfers who are terrible but use the best clubs money can buy

Career Bests:

9 Holes--37 @ The Fairways at Arrowhead-Front(+2)

18 Holes--80 @ Carroll Meadows Golf Course(+9)

Home Course:

1) The Fairways at Arrowhead

2) Mayfair Country Club

Hah! That's for sure. I was paired with a guy like this a few weeks ago. I walked up to the first hole to meet him and took a look at his bag. Had a TM R9 Driver, AP2's, and a Scotty Cameron putter(though I don't know what model). I though to myself, "alright, he must play a solid game." I wasn't tracking his score, but it was probably 100-110. He was a nice guy though and didn't act cocky and was never pissy when he would hit a bad shot.

Grom Stand Bag
2009 Burner Driver 10.5*
2009 Burner Fairway Wood 15*
A7 3H, 4H 5-PW
Affinity 56* SW CG15 60* White Hot XG 330 Mallet Putter Z Star Yellow Balls

Anyone shouting "get in the whole" should be banned from EVER setting foot on a golf course again.

In the UK, football (soccer) referees adding time on until Manchester United score. Last week 4 mins of extra (over) time and Man U score in the 6th minute of extra time!!

• 2 weeks later...

Nothing really major as I play golf with a bunch of great guys ... so what's not to love? That said it is a very uncomfortable feeling when someone loses his temper on the course and tosses a club or some other form of tantrum. I can't say I can even remember when the last time that happened, but I do remember how uncomfortable that made me feel.

A small pet peeve is golfers who announce 'if it weren't for that one hole' ... yeah we all know the feeling but that's golf. Sometimes this is followed up with their failure in basic logic. It goes something like 'I don't hit that one bad shot on 12 and then I get the birdies on 13,14 and 17 and I'm looking at a career round.' Yeah, you would think that a golfer who couldn't hit the same shot two times in a row (all of us) and with course conditions never exactly the same - would realize that if we could magically whisk him back to that hole again, he might do better on that hole ... but all those birdies coming in are not guaranteed in the slightest. In fact, it could even have been much worse.

Driver: G10 9.5*
Fairway Woods: 3 & 5
Hybrid: 21*
Irons: I10 4 - 9
Wedges: 48* + Spin-Milled 54 & 60*Putter: Rossa FontanaBall: B330-RX

I hate douchebags that yell "go in the hole" during golf tournaments. Oh my, I hate that worse than anything.

That my big pet-peeve as well. On the contrary, I find it quite funny when someone yells get in the hole after they have just cold topped it, chunked it, etc. It shows a good sense of humor about your own shortcomings.

[ Equipment ]
R11 9° (Lowered to 8.5°) UST Proforce VTS 7x tipped 1" | 906F2 15° and 18° | 585H 21° | Mizuno MP-67 +1 length TT DG X100 | Vokey 52° Oil Can, Cleveland CG10 2-dot 56° and 60° | TM Rossa Corza Ghost 35.5" | Srixon Z Star XV | Size 14 Footjoy Green Joys | Tour Striker Pro 5, 7, 56 | Swingwing

Why on earth would this bother you?

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

The inability of MLB players (especially those earning huge salaries!!) to get a bunt down to move a runner into scoring position. Don't know why but this drives me CRAZY!!!

909D3 Driver 10.5*
909F3 Fairway Metal 15*
909H Hybrid 19*
AP1 3-4 Irons
AP2 5-8 Irons ZB 9 Iron & PW Oilcan Spin Mill 54* & 58* Studio Select Newport 2 SG5

I have a lot of pet peeves. I grew up in a military family so Im a little ACD when it comes to the rules and etiquette. So here are my biggest: (in no certian order)

-Denim shorts, cut off t-shirts and the like
-People who drag their feet on greens
-People who walk through your line
-People who drive their carts right up next to the green
-People who will walk/drive out in the middle of your fairway to hit the ball they shanked into it while you're trying to tee off
-People who try to give tips to everyone they play with.... especially ones who have a terrible swing themselves

Driver: taylormade.gif Tour Burner 9.5*
4 Wood: taylormade.gif200 Steel 16*
Irons: taylormade.gif Burner '09
Wedges: taylormade.gif RAC TP Satin 54*, 58*
Putter: odyssey.gif White Hot Tour #9  Ball: bridgestone.gif B330

I've got a few, foremost of which is:

Slow Play
We all start out somewhere so I don't have any gripes with beginners who are taking a lot of time but NOT being slow. You expect beginners to take some extra time as they will play more shots and probably lose a few. My slow play gripe is with golfers who take 8 practice swings on the green (yes, we've got one of those).

People who unnecessarily pace out yardages to the greens (like for the majority of golfers it really makes a difference if it's 145 or 147 to the pin).

People playing badly but still refusing to let anybody through.

Worst slow play gripe: People who don't play a provisional if their first ball might be lost.

Worst slow play gripe: People who don't play a provisional if their first ball might be lost.

Absolutely. In a ABCD four-ball tournament it goes something like this when player C hits a shot that might be O.B. or lost.

Player C: I'm not sure about that one. Player D: I'm pretty sure we'll find it. Player A: I'm not interested in what you're pretty sure about. Hit a provisional. Player B: And say the word "provisional" ... like now.

I disdain slow golfers who won't allow faster players through.

I dislike the rule breaker, the cheater and the etiquette-ignorant golfer.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

But my biggest pet peeve is Chris Berman and Dick Vitale.

How the hell do you not like the Swami???!!! Dick Vitale I completely understand, but boomer?

Come oonnnnn!!!

In my bag

907 D2 Driver
904 F2 3 & 5 Wood
ZM Forged 4-9 Irons wedges 52 Spin Milled 48, 56, 60 Newport 2 putter 35"

Hah! That's for sure. I was paired with a guy like this a few weeks ago. I walked up to the first hole to meet him and took a look at his bag. Had a TM R9 Driver, AP2's, and a Scotty Cameron putter(though I don't know what model). I though to myself, "alright, he must play a solid game." I wasn't tracking his score, but it was probably 100-110. He was a nice guy though and didn't act cocky and was never pissy when he would hit a bad shot.

Oh come on, if you've got some mula in your pocket why not buy the best products available? Granted they should probably spend that money on lessons, but they can at least have nice things. And if i'm playing with them, they can go ahead and buy me a beer from the cart girl on the next hole. " Thanks!"

In my bag

907 D2 Driver
904 F2 3 & 5 Wood

How the hell do you not like the Swami???!!! Dick Vitale I completely understand, but boomer?

Rumbling Bumbling Stumbling.. HE COULD GO ALL THE WAYYY!!!

DA RAIDDDAS!!
In my bag
Machspeed 9.5 Stiff
CrossBax 5 wood
Idea Tech 19* Hybrid
a3 22* Hybrid Slingshot 4D Graphite 5-AW Burner XD 56* & 60* Wedge Callie Putter e6+Home Course: www.dogwoodtracegolf.com

the showboating/look at me attitude by the athlete after a play....I mean isn't he getting paid for what he/she just did?....could you see a Car Salesman pumping his chest, dancing around like a fool and what not after a deal is done....

I agree... it should be about the team not the sport center reels.

Taylor Made Speed Blades PW-4i

Taylor Made Wedges 50,54,58
R11S Driver
R11 3-wood
White Steel Rossie
Adams 5-Wood

Oh, just thought of one ... guys that brag about how fast the greens of their home course are.

I don't mean to offend anyone, because some of you have done this, but this bugs me. Bumping up the speed of greens is just another form of keeping up with the Joneses. Basically, 'my course is better than your course because I can't even keep the ball on the greens on my course, they're so fast.' And they tell you this with a big smug smile on their face. No, you're an idiot who somehow thinks that playing in conditions over-his-head has made him a better golfer. It hasn't. This 'I feel better about myself because my greens are tougher than your course' is merely an epic fail.

In my neck of the woods, golf superintendents have lost their jobs after losing greens by chasing after faster greens that the members insisted on. Much of it in the name of 'my daddy could whip your daddy.'

Rumbling Bumbling Stumbling.. HE COULD GO ALL THE WAYYY!!!

Haha, gotta' love him

In my bag

907 D2 Driver
904 F2 3 & 5 Wood

My list:
1."Get in the whole"
2. Slow play
3. Draw play. Period. It seems to almost never work. Seems as likely to loose yards as gain. Screen pass makes more sense.
4.Everyone seems to ride a golf cart. I remember 25 years ago, most people walked. Now I feel like a freak since I am one of the few that walks and I prefer to walk. I even see kids riding. Face it folks, most of us under 60 could stand the exercise.

PrairieParson
From Lubbock, Texas: the Heart of Flyover Country.
Ping G-15 Driver 12 deg.
Mizuno MP-33 Irons
Ball: White, mostly round and lots of dimplesScores this year: 78

Note: This thread is 2517 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!