IGNORED

Phil Mickelson's grips

Note: This thread is 5414 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

its not your hand slipping off you have to worry about, its the grip smooting out, causing it to turn slightly in your hands from the momentum of the swing, opening the club face. At least thats what I think it is anyway.

Yeah it can certainly turn in your hands if it's a 10 year old grip and you play quite often with it each year.

I wire brush and Dawn dish soap my grips every week as my hands sweat ALOT so I usually wear out the cord section and thus regrip twice a year.

Oh, really? I've heard people doing this, never tried it. My hands don't sweat too much so I guess I've been too lazy.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

what i find wierd is that you didnt know what kind of grip it was, therefore have never tried them, yet you want them because Phil Mickelson has them? Odd.

Why is that weird? I need new grips, not sure what I want, I saw Phils and I like the look. So, if I find out what kind they are I can check them out myself to see if I like them. Is it s surprising that advertising does work?

TM R7 SuperQuad - 9.5* Stiff || TM V-Steel 15/18* Stiff || Mizuno MP-52 3-PW PX5.5 || Titleist Vokey OC 52/58* || Odyssey White Hot #1

Yeah it can certainly turn in your hands if it's a 10 year old grip and you play quite often with it each year.

You said up above you regrip every year, so which is it? Are they good for ten? Or should you regrip every year?

Im not making a snide comment by the way, im actually really curious, as this is only my second year of playing..

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

You said up above you regrip every year, so which is it? Are they good for ten? Or should you regrip every year?

Every year or so. You can stretch it longer but your grips can get slick and your clubs will slip.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

I got these grips 18 months ago, and even though they felt like the were holding up, I decided to bring them in last month for a regrip since they probably had about 40-50 rounds on them. Found the guy at Dicks to be far more knowledgable than I ever expect from a box store like that, so I was comfortable with him doing them. Much to my surprise, he told me to save my money,that the grips were still in very good shape, and just give them a good scrub. We decided the driver was the only one that really needed it. In hindsight I'm going to bring my SW back since I grip that one low and it's lost some tack down on the non-cord part.

All-in-all, I really like these grips. I couldn't find the half cords that I used to use, and these fill in nicely. Playing in NJ humidity, I sweat like crazy, and even these start to get slippery on really bad days. Anyone with suggestions of an even better/tackier grip? I thought the Winn grips might be good, but I've heard terrible reviews of their durability and that they feel great in the store but that wears off quickly. Thoughts?

Driver: Nike Covert Tour | 3W: Callaway X Hot Pro | Irons: Mizuno JPX-800 Pro X100 SS | Wedges: Vokey SM 54-08, Vokey Raw 60-12 | Putter (of the week): Arnold Palmer "The Original" 33"

Note: This thread is 5414 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!