IGNORED

How far do you hit your clubs?

Note: This thread is 3877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Originally Posted by davieboy1872

These are honest figures, and in Scotland where it's a bit colder

Driver - 240/250 (270 in the one warm day we get in a whole year)

3wood - 225 off tee

5wood - 215 off tee

3hybrid - 200

4 iron - binned it

5 iron - 175 if I actually connect

6 iron - 170 sometimes

7 iron - 160/165

8 iron - 153

9 iron - 140

Pw - 125

Aw - 105

Sw - 93

Lw - 60 yards (60 degree)

Dude... you are totally lying...

... it doesn't get warm in Scotland.

:ping:

• G400 - 9° /Alta CB 55 Stiff / G410-SFT - 16° /Project X 6.0S 85G / G410 - 20.5° /Tensei Orange 75S
  • G710 - 4 iron/SteelFiber i110cw Stiff • / i210 - 5 iron - UW / AWT 2.0 Stiff
  • Glide SS - 54° / CFS Wedge / Glide 2.0 SS - 58°/10 / KBS 120S / Hoofer - Black

:scotty_cameron: - Select Squareback / 35"  -  :titleist: - Pro V1 / White  -  :clicgear: - 3.5+ / White

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I drove a 350 yard par 4 with 4/5 balls yesterday with a R11 demo that I was trying, I was in shock. Granted it was 100 feet of elevation drop and I am playing at 5000 feet above sea level.

:whistle:

Hot and humid weather actually increases distance on the golf ball.  Humid air is actually less dense because of more and lighter hydrogen molecules in the air.  There's also an effect of heat on the ball because of the earth absorbing and then releasing the heat, which goes up.  Same thing in baseball.  More home runs in hot humid weather.

When I'm swinging well I'd say I avarage:

Driver: 240

3W: 220

3H: 205

4H: 195

5I: 180

6I: 170

7I: 155

8I: 145

9I: 135

PW: 120

GW: 105

SW: 90

Thanks for the info. Once you mentioned the baseball analogy I slapped myself because I should have known that being a avid baseball player. I just didnt put two and two together. I guess its just my swing lol.

Equipment

Driver - 09' Taylormade Burner

3 wood - Callaway Diablo Edge Tour 13 degrees

18 degree Adams Idea

3-PW Callaway X-18's

Putter - Orlimar Tourizmo #2

Originally Posted by Rudyprimo

Hot and humid weather actually increases distance on the golf ball.  Humid air is actually less dense because of more and lighter hydrogen molecules in the air.  There's also an effect of heat on the ball because of the earth absorbing and then releasing the heat, which goes up.  Same thing in baseball.  More home runs in hot humid weather.

Rudy, I KNOW for a fact that I can't hit a ball further in Houston than I can in Dallas, so I checked out what you said and here is what I learned - you are correct! But that's not the whole story. You are correct about the temperature but we all just "know" that from playing. You are also correct about the humidity which suprised me! I also learned that air pressure and altitude have more to do about distance than humidity. In fact, humidity has very little effect on distance.

Altitude and Air Pressure - most effect

Temperature - to a certain extent. Cold is definately shorter because of denser air AND less efficient transfer of energy from club to ball. I also read that once temps get above 80 the increase starts to taper off.

Humidity - least effect

The biggest factor that I have noticed after learning this is that it is mostly about altitude because I never notice or pay attention to air pressure.

• 1 month later...
Originally Posted by Limpinswinger

Hahaha!  This thread is funny.  Asking golfers on a golf forum to publicly post how long they hit the ball.  You're more likely to get truthful answers if you ask all the men how long their ***** are.

with no bs within miles from my location,

D - 380
3w-350
4i-300

5i-280
6i-260
7i-240
8i-220
9i-200
pw-180
gap-160
sw-140
lw-120
pt- 0-120

And the size of that would be an honest 14" At 8 am. I'm a Judge, so I can not lie.

Driver: Never use.
3 Wood: 210
5 wood: 180 - 210
4: 190 - 210
5: 170 - 200
6: 170 - 216 - 8)
7: 160
8: 150
9: 135
P: 120

52*: 100
56*: 85
60*: 70

I've only been playing a year now. I finally feel like I getting some consistency with distances. I've struggled with this, for example got used to taking a 9 iron for 100 years shots and then one day hit 150 with it. I still get the odd freak shot. Hit 216 with my 6iron a few days ago. all in all though I'm excited at the prospect of my distances being a bit more consistent and hope that I can now get below 20.

Driver: Never use.
3 Wood: 210
5 wood: 180 - 210
4: 190 - 210
5: 170 - 200
6: 170 - 216 - 8)
7: 160
8: 150
9: 135
P: 120

52*: 100
56*: 85
60*: 70

I've only been playing a year now. I finally feel like I getting some consistency with distances. I've struggled with this, for example got used to taking a 9 iron for 100 years shots and then one day hit 150 with it. I still get the odd freak shot. Hit 216 with my 6iron a few days ago. all in all though I'm excited at the prospect of my distances being a bit more consistent and hope that I can now get below 20.

Consistently inconsistent maybe. What's with the large gaps and same distances with 3 different clubs.

"My ball is on top of a rock in the hazard, do I get some sort of relief?"

Driver: 305

4-wood: 260

3 Hybrid: 230

4 Iron: 220

5 Iron: 208

6 Iron: 197

7 Iron: 185

8 Iron: 175

9 Iron: 165

P-wedge: 155

A-wedge: 142

55 degree wedge: 125

60 degree wedge: 100

Driver - Taylormade R11S

4 Wood - Nike VRS

3 Hybrid - Titleist

Irons +A-wedge - Nike VRS Forged

Wedges - Titlest SM4 Vokey

• 5 weeks later...
I literally just overcame this problem today I became a ton more consistant by moving my arms away from my tits, dont know a better way to explain it. I set up then move my arms out in front of my tits in turn I gotta bend over a little more to get comfortable and loose somethin else I always tried to keep my back straight but think about it like your backs flat, get your butt high and that will create that. Just some stuff I figured out and in one day im hitting my irons up there with the pros consistantly. Its exilerating and just trying to help so everyone can enjoy the game

These are my trackman average carry numbers from today. My 6 iron and 5 iron are a little close it seems.  I hit some farther than my 5 also.  Might have to get that checked out.

58 - 95

54 - 105

50 - 125

PW - 138

9 - 152

8 - 164

7 - 180

6 - 192

5 - 198

4 - 208

2h - 225

3w - 245

Driver - 270

Driver: Titleist 915 D3
3 wood: 15 Callaway X Hot pro
Hybrids:  18 Callaway X Hot Pro
Irons: 4-GW Callaway Apex
project x 6.0
Wedges: 54 , 58 Callaway
Putter: 2 ball
Ball: Callaway Chrome

Originally Posted by tmac

I literally just overcame this problem today I became a ton more consistant by moving my arms away from my tits, dont know a better way to explain it. I set up then move my arms out in front of my tits in turn I gotta bend over a little more to get comfortable and loose somethin else I always tried to keep my back straight but think about it like your backs flat, get your butt high and that will create that. Just some stuff I figured out and in one day im hitting my irons up there with the pros consistantly. Its exilerating and just trying to help so everyone can enjoy the game

Not to be negative, but come back in 2 weeks and tell us if you still have it all figured out. I can't even count the amount of times I've shouted "eureka" only to discover that it was fleeting success.

Yours in earnest, Jason.
Call me Ernest, or EJ or Ernie.

PSA - "If you find yourself in a hole, STOP DIGGING!"

My Whackin' Sticks: :cleveland: 330cc 2003 Launcher 10.5*  :tmade: RBZ HL 3w  :nickent: 3DX DC 3H, 3DX RC 4H  :callaway: X-22 5-AW  :nike:SV tour 56* SW :mizuno: MP-T11 60* LW :bridgestone: customized TD-03 putter :tmade:Penta TP3   :aimpoint:

Originally Posted by poser

These are my trackman average carry numbers from today.

I'm curious.............does everyone here rely on a machine to 'calculate' how far their average is or do some go see what their averages are on grass? I don't hit any bad shots off those mats or so it seems.

Originally Posted by Pablo68

I'm curious.............does everyone here rely on a machine to 'calculate' how far their average is or do some go see what their averages are on grass? I don't hit any bad shots off those mats or so it seems.

The way I understand it, trackman doesn't 'calculate' the numbers, it measures the flight of the ball using radar ... so its pretty accurate.   And, you can use it on a grass or mats range.

I'm surprised how many tour-level hitters there are.

I see tons of people saying 280-290 carry, and quite a few saying 300-330 total.  If you're saying that's how far you hit your driver, you mean that's your typical shot.

The tour average is 289.  The longest hitter on tour, Bubba Watson, averages 315.

A pro the other day told me most people who claim to be 290/300 hitters typically average about 260.  The average golfer goes around 230.

Now, that's not to say there aren't some big hitters on here.  After all, there are guys who aren't on the tour that can outdrive the guys that are on the tour.  I'm just surprised how many there are.

Am I too cynical?

Originally Posted by Pablo68

I would hope as a 1 handicap I know how far I hit it but, I go a few times  a year and get my yardages checked.  It stays pretty similar but, I picked up some new irons this year and hitting it farther than my old blades so I just went out to get everything checked.  Can't beat Trackman or flightscope plus I hit the exact ball I play outside instead of range balls at the range.

project x 6.0

Originally Posted by wadesworld

I'm surprised how many tour-level hitters there are.

I see tons of people saying 280-290 carry, and quite a few saying 300-330 total.  If you're saying that's how far you hit your driver, you mean that's your typical shot.

The tour average is 289.  The longest hitter on tour, Bubba Watson, averages 315.

A pro the other day told me most people who claim to be 290/300 hitters typically average about 260.  The average golfer goes around 230.

Now, that's not to say there aren't some big hitters on here.  After all, there are guys who aren't on the tour that can outdrive the guys that are on the tour.  I'm just surprised how many there are.

Am I too cynical?

I don't doubt there are alot of guys on here that hit it that far I'm not the shortest guy but, by no means am I the longest I play with either.   The thing I find amusing is the 20 handicaps giving average carry with 9 irons like 160-170 and drivers 290.  If they are a 15+ handicap I doubt they hit any " average shot" . Average golfers hitting it 230 might come into play if you figure out there are people ranging from 5-95 still playing golf so that maybe average.  Someone middle age with a decent swing should be hitting it over 230 easily.

project x 6.0

Note: This thread is 3877 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!