IGNORED

Driving Par 4

BigTazz53
Note: This thread is 5387 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

After reading the earlier post about how far we all can drive a ball.
I got curious to see who all has driven a par 4.
I've done it at Cordova Country Club,
http://www.golfcordovacc.com/
Blue Tees on all 3
1 329 yds
9 303 yds
12 290 yds

And #11 at Quail Ridge from white tee's, 345 yds
http://www.thequailgolf.com/

Hit'em Long and Strong
Big Tazz

Lately my drives have been awful. In fact, my drives are costing me penalty (from hitting into the woods) on 4/9 holes.

Anyway, tuesday I got lucky and hit one straight for a change. Right onto the front of the green of a short par 4. According to my GPS, from where I hit to where the ball landed on the green was 260 yards.

G10 9* Stiff Shaft Driver
R7 Draw 3 Wood
Burner 3 hybrid
26* Baffler Hybrid 5H Stiff Shaft.
Rapture 6-SW (3-5 are retired in favor of hybrids) Vokey Spin Milled 60* Wedge Newport 2 Pinseeker 1600 + ViewTI GPS software for iPhone

Ive driven quite a few that are less than 300. Usually on the front of the green or fringe.(if that still counts) I driven a 330 yarder by cutting a corner (dogleg right) My best was when i drove a 310 yarder to the back of the green. Probably one of the best drives ive ever hit.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

Although my home course has drivable par 4's, ~330 yards they are too protected to actually go for. One is elevated maybe 40 yards on a hill that is all green with O.B on the left and a pond on the right if you missed the hill and you carried it the full distance onto the green the bunker behind the green would catch it.

Another has O.B on the left, right, and back of it with a deep bunker in the front. The others are 400 yards+ so no go there.

Now muni courses on the other hand, a lot because of unprotected downward sloping 290, 300 yard par 4's, I call my friends only eagle ever B.S because he drove a muni par four with a sliced five wood.

I've driven #7 at Reese Golf Center; 321 par4 straight away.
I've driven #2 at Shadow Hills from the white tees almost every time...but it's under 300 from the whites.

I've driven #6 at Meadowbrook Canyon course in Lubbock. 347 yards relatively straight, but if I drive it just right, I can catch the downslope of a hill and roll it up on the front if the fairways are dry. I've done it twice.

I've driven a few others around here by cutting corners on 330-350 yard par 4's.

It doesn't happen often...but I've driven my fair share.
Driver: 10.5 Adams Speedline 9032LS with VooDoo XNV6 X-stiff
Fairway Woods: G15 4wood with Serrano 75 X-stiff
Irons: Ping i15 3-PW w/ AWT Shafts
Wedges: Spin Milled Oil Can Vokey 50deg/54deg/58deg
Putter: Taylormade Rossa Monza SpiderBall: Taylormade PentaBest Score 2010 Season: 75Home...

I've done it once. 280 yards on a significantly elevated tee box. I've just missed the green many times. My best drive maxes out around 260ish so I need some help to get there.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

I've driven the green on a par 4 several times, but I usually only try it if I'm just playing for fun or I've been scoring so badly that I don't care anymore. The longest par 4 I've driven was "supposedly" 380 yards to the center of the green, but that's just going by what the scorecard said. The fairways were rock hard and absolutely dry, and I had a huge tailwind behind me.

I've driven #4 at my home course once (tee boxes set at 294-center according to GPS), and I've driven on or over #15 three times (tee boxes set around 296-center). Is this my average? No, of course not, but I've done it.

I've done it a few times on different courses over the years, but just because you can doesn't mean it's the best play. I like a course that offers good risk:reward ratios.

Weapons of choice:
Irons/wedges: Titleist Tour Grind
Driver:Titleist 909D2
3 Wood: Tour Edge Exotic
Putter: Odyssey White Hot

I've driven a few:

From Blues:
Sugar Creek in GA # 4, 315 yards
Alfred "Tup" Holmes in GA, # 17, 265 yards (a couple times)

From White:
Talons Cove in Utah, #16, 254 yards (with a 4i...)

From Red:
Southland in GA #5, 270 yards
Far corner GC "Fox" in MA, #8, 280 yards
Far corner GC "Heron" in MA, #1, 250 yards (dead uphill)
Far corner GC "Hawk" in MA, #9, 275 yards (Straight downhill with a 4i)
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

I had my first (and thus far only) Hole-In-One on a 276 yard par 4 at the local muni... Since then, I've driven the green on that hole several times, although since I started playing the club I need to reach it has gone from a driver to a high cut 3-iron. (it's a dogleg right, so I'm cutting the corner. i WISH I had a 280 yard 3-iron shot, haha)

I usually don't go for too many reachable par 4's in tournament play, if I'm just messing around I almost always give it a go on a couple other ones that range from 270-340.

This weekend I drove a 315 yard uphill par 4, and left my 15 foot eagle putt short! Idiot!

I think the longest par 4 green I've ever reached is 355?

I don't keep track of my under GIR stats, but I know it's happened several times.

Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

I have done it a few times. At Okmulgee number 4 which is about 310 and number 4 which is a tough dogleg right that plays about 300 and the 320 yd 13th. Also done it at Cotton Creek in Glenpool on the 290 yd. 17th. I have done it but just got lucky and hit the ball flush and got tons of roll.

The course I usually play is pretty short so I drive a few of them from time to time. Most of the time #1, par 4, 280 out, 58 ft up, i can get to the front edge, but the green is still elevated steeply infront. The 2nd hole is 270 with a little dogleg tail left at the end. I can actually trim the corner about 215 with a 3 iron w/ draw and make that green. And the 7th hole is almost exactly 300, I get pretty close most times but a dead on drive will roll on as it's maybe 10 ft downhill. But given, that's a short course.

Back at the Falmouth Country Club, I would cut the corner of a 315 yard short dogleg to about 265-275 high draw. It's tough to hit greens with a driver for me, I really only plan for landings in fairway conditions and rarely see them roll out on such a smooth surface.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

i drive par 4's consistantly,thats where my birds come from the longest i drove was 370 but that was with a 20mph tailwind and a pure struck driver

I've had one, it was a 441 yard par 4. But it is probably 75 yards down hill at least. Still a great shot. You can lay up short or go straight for the green guarded by a lake on the right and trees on the left.

R7 SuperQuad 10.5 Aldila nv 65-s
Burner 15 UST proforce V2
Pro Gold Tour Prototype 23 Matrix Ozik
Pro Gold Tour Prototype 18 Matrix Ozik
AP2 5-PW Vokey SM52.08Vokey SM56.10Vokey SM60.04 Studio Style Newport 2

I've gotten really close on the second hole of the white course at Charwood CC. It's only 290 yards from the back tees but I usually pull the ball a little off center so I never go right for the green. I normally average about 270-285 on my drives so I might get one there one day.

Driver:  Speedline 9.5° w/ Grafalloy Prolaunch AXIS Red Shaft
Fairway:  '07 Burner Fairways
Irons:  Apex Edge 3-W

Wedge:  52° & 58° /  60° 588 Satin

Putter:  Anser 4

My drives generally finish between 240 and 260 yards on a flat hole with little/no wind. When I really tag one, I can get it out to 275 but that is pretty rare. However, there is a 309 yrd par 4 at our home course that I can drive about 1/3 rd of the time. It has a slightly elevated tee and a big hump in the fairway. If you manage to carry it 245 to the backside of this hump it will roll down the remaining 50 yards or so and finish on the green under dry conditions. Again, this assumes you are in the fairway and it is dry. Everyone I play with goes for this green in 1. No real penalty for missing it other than lite rough. One friend of mine (asst pro) actually gets on with an 18* hybrid under normal conditions.

If you're a 16 handicap and you can drive some par four's I would suggest working on your short game.

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

Note: This thread is 5387 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!