IGNORED

Hybrid Selection

bkm
Note: This thread is 5414 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have 9.5* driver, 15* 3 wood then a jump to 24* 4 wood and i need help filling the gap in between i.e. clubs that would replace a 5 wood and 3 iron. I like the cobra baffler and the callaway big bertha diablo hybrids, however i am having trouble with loft selection. Any advice is appreciated. I cant decide if i need an 18* and 20*/21* or if i should get a 20*/21* and a 23*/24*. What do yall think?

ok the more i do my research the more i think i should get a 20 and 23 or a 21 and 24. can anyone confirm this? or should i go down a couple degrees on those?

I had the same problem as you before and I went with a 20*... But I only bought one club... Hope that helps a little...

In my bag:

Driver: Hypersonic t7 460cc w/ UST Comp Series 65
3 Wood: r7 Draw
3 Hybrid: Idea Pro4H-SW: Tight LiesGW: Tom WatsonLW: Bazooka JMaxPutter: Black Velvet 110 Gun MetalBall: e6+My Course:Roland Barkau Memorial Golf Course

I used to use a cobra baffler pro 18 hybrid. Very good club, cant go wrong there. I would go with the 21 option for the 3i if they have that loft. If not, go 22
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I have a 10.5* driver and a 15* 3W. I went with 20* and 23* for my hybrids but they were to replace my identically lofted 3 (20*) and 4 (23*) irons.

I replaced my 1-iron with a 16º hybrid & my 2-iron with an 18º. A 3-iron would be around a 20º, a 4-iron around 22º, but you should really hit them on the range to properly fill in the yardage gaps.

Driver: Hi Bore XLS Monster 9.5º Fujikura Gold Fit-On Stiff

3 wood: Hi Bore XLS 15º Fujikura Gold Fit-On Stiff

Irons: i10 3 - PW Dynamic Gold S300Wedges: Vokey 200 Series - 50º, 54º, 58ºPutter: Abaco 33"Ball: AD333

before i had my 3 hybrid i had a 5 wood and then a 4i so i had a big gap. i bought a 21* hybrid and it fit the gap perfectly. if i was you i would buy either a 20* or a 21* hybrid.

In my Callaway bag

Burner driver 10.5*
Burner 3 wood
SZ offset 5 wood G10 21* hybrid R7 irons 4-pw CG10 52* wedge 588 chrome 56* wedge Rossa putterany ball i find on the course, i rarely buy balls.

I tired alot of hybrids. I first thought about the taylormade, callaway, ping..all of them were good clubs, however i ended up with the cobra baffler 16*. Cobra was the overall easiest to hit. Feels really solid.

oh yeah the Nickent was a good one too but I couldn't buy that based on brand name. The brand just didn't sit well in my head although it did perform rather nice. BTW...The worst was the ping g10 hybrid. Yet I use ping g5 irons and love them.

the nickent 3dx rc in my sig is an amazing hybrid. had it about 3 weeks now and im absolutely crushing it. amazing club. can get them on ebay from rockbottomgolf for around 25 + 12 shipping.

instead of like 130 retail :)

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

I've been playing around with a few hybrids and I love my Nickent. I looked at a TaylorMade burner rescue, but I think i'm just going to stick with my Nickent.

The 5dx's are awesome. I'm hitting a 3dx right now, but have a 5dx #6 that I'm trying to get rid of and its awesome, I just don't need a #6 anymore.

In my Nexos Bag

Burner Driver 9.5*
Burner fairway 3 wood
755 Irons Tri Spec S Shafts 585 19* Hybrid w/ Aldilia NV S Shaft 3DX 23* Hybrid Tour 58* wedge CG 12 56* Wedge NCX-Ray Alpha Putter

I would go with less loft because you are not going to get the same distance out of a hybrid that you would a wood. 20 and 23 would be my choice.

I mainly need help on loft selection rather than model selection...ive tried just about everything out there. If i need to replace a 5 wood, 7 wood, 3 iron which would be 18-21 degrees of loft, then i guess i should get 18* and 21* hybrids. The 18* will be SLIGHTLY less distance than the 5 wood would be and the 21* would be slightly more distance than the 3 iron would be, so this should fill in the gap nicely..or a 20* for the 3 iron which would be close to the same distance if not a tad longer. I think thats what ive decided. Anyone disagree with me and care to correct me on this?

What i plan on doing soon if funds allow is to have my 10* driver, my 15* 3-wood, buy a 20* baffler and have my 25* slazenger hybrid. This way, i feel i would have a good gap between each club.
What I Play:
Wilson Mini Stand Bag | PING G10, 10.5°, Proforce V2 HL S | PING G5, 15°, 18°, Aldila NV 75 S | PING G5, 19°, Aldila VS Proto By You 80 S
Mizuno MX200 4-PW S | Ping Tour W 50/12 X | Ping Tour W 58/TS X | A selection of putters, all 35.5 inches.

I have a 20* degree hybrid but i also hit a 7 wood and the distances are about the same. Ive been using them from different lies and different courses. You want to have something that gives you as much flexibility as possible. Id start with that 20. I know you said youve got a model in mind and are really just looking for a loft but the nickent are good.

In my Sun Mountain MPB bag:
Burner 07 9.5w/ Prolaunch Red
SZ Fairway Woods 4+ and 7
Rescue TP 3 hybrid
200 series irons 4-pwcg11 wedges 52*,56*,60*White Hot 2-BallDT RollHome Course: www.bodegaharbourgolf.com/

Note: This thread is 5414 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!