IGNORED

cats or dogs: which do you prefer?

senorchipotle
Note: This thread is 5417 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

my girlfriend and i have 3 cats. one is the coolest cat ever, another is the most loving cat ever, and the other is very shy with strangers, but incredibly sweet. her parents came into town, so we agreed to keep their dog last weekend. one word, annoying! this dog has no self discipline whatsoever. he was chasing my cats all over the place and when i went to take him for walks, he'd bark and yap and try to run after the other dogs. don't get me wrong, i love dogs, but at this point i think i like cats more. only problem is, you can't take 'em hunting.

thoughts...

i think i like cats more. only problem is, you can't take 'em hunting.

Sure you can, you just have to give 'em a little headstart before you release the dogs. After that, it's just like hunting rabbits, use a shotgun and lead 'em a little bit!

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Sure you can, you just have to give 'em a little headstart before you release the dogs. After that, it's just like hunting rabbits, use a shotgun and lead 'em a little bit!

lol... well, i guess i know which you like better. i never liked cats much either before my girlfriend got one.

I personally like dogs more. They seem to be more playful and fun to me. Most of the cats I have seen at friends houses just lay around. Or you never seem to see them more then twice haha.
I guess it depends on the kind of dog and owner really.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Cats. I lack the attention span or responsibility to be trusted with a dog.

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I like dags.
Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

I like 'em both the same, except for small dogs. The ones with the really high bark. I ****ing hate those things. Had some neighbors move in, and they had one. Everyone woke up in the night thinking they were strangling a chicken.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

Dogs, for sure. Don't think I'll ever own a cat in my life. Just don't like them, really. I just don't feel the same connection I do with them as I do with dogs, the ability to 'throw the ball for them' and stuff like that...idk what it is, just a dog person I guess.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I'm allergic to cats so I have to go with dogs. I have a Chow Shepherd mix and a German Shorthaired Pointer that loves to fetch golf balls.

- Shane

I'm allergic to cats so I have to go with dogs. I have a Chow Shepherd mix and a German Shorthaired Pointer that loves to fetch golf balls.

awesome... where do i find a ball fetching dog?

[Hmmmm. You may not find it so appealing when you see the tooth marks they can make on golf balls.]

Mine used to go after balls we putted in the house, chew 'em a little bit and take them away where you couldn't get them back until he dropped 'em somewhere. He lost interest however, and doesn;t do that any more.

Nothing more I'd like to do than take him out on a round of golf, dog just lives to be outside walking wherever. Don't know where that is possible, though, so if you have any ideas, let me know. (Side benefit: he'd chase geese off the golf course (part border collie).

The loyalty of this dog is just incredible, so I make sure to involve him any yard work activities, as he just loves to tag along.

This isn't my blog, just a site I found, but it gives you an idea of what I'm talking about, I guess.

http://viewfromthecart.blogspot.com/

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

Ah German Shorthaired Pointer. Had one for 14 years. Best dog I will ever have. I miss that dog.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

[Hmmmm. You may not find it so appealing when you see the tooth marks they can make on golf balls.]

now that i think about it, i've never seen dogs out on the course. i imagine if your dog is well behaved and doesn't chase people, it should be fine. and as long as he doesn't crap in the fairway.

He is certainly a great dog. Being of hunting stock, he has a soft mouth and doesn't leave bite marks in balls. Not a recommended breed for people who are not around a lot since they love to be with their people and are VERY active. Picture posted below:

- Shane

dogs... we have a boxer.. we also have a cat, and that dog chases that cat all over the place i am nervous that he is going to catch him and kill him. My wife will be pi$$ed if that happens

Haha, that is awesome. Who needs a shag bag when you've got that?

Penta TP Ball || Nakashima Golf HTEC Tour Driver - w/ Mitsubishi Rayon Bassara 83g || Izett Golf 15* Deep Face 3-Wood - w/ Royal Precision Rifle Steel || MD 18* Hybrid - w/ Aerotech SteelFiber 110g || MP-58 3, 4 Irons... MP-60 5, 6 Irons... MP-32 7-PW - w/ Dynamic Gold || MP-T 53-08...

Note: This thread is 5417 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!