IGNORED

Anyone own a motorcycle?

Monster14
Note: This thread is 5405 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Post up what you ride!

I have a 09 Kawasaki ZX14 monster energy edition

Mods are full system TiForce, PowerCommander V, K&N; filter, Muzzy fan, and Vortex sprockets

Weapons in my Texas Tech golf bag

FT3 Fusion Driver Aldila NV shaft
junk.. irons
Cobra wedges White Steel Putter lots of beer

2008 BMS GS1200 "megamoto". I swapped out the stock wheels for 17" Excel to run a 120/180 combo. It's just a big motard now

No bikes now... but I still hurt from the motocross injuries of my youth. I consider motocross like skiing -- if you have not been badly hurt, you will be.

RC

I'm 17 and have been riding bikes since I was 4. Mainly dirtbikes.
Here's my bike right now

And over the winter and last fall, me and my dad built a '48 Panhead from scratch (even the painting was done by us). Seemed like it took forever but it was for me. Colors are my school colors and my favorites. My dad has built a black one and a baby blue one also. But no longer has the black, I will try to get picturs of the blue one though.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Thanks. Your YZ's lookin great. I had a TTR awhile ago. I'm trying to sell my RM right now cause I really want a YZ 250 or RM 250.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

Thanks. Your YZ's lookin great. I had a TTR awhile ago. I'm trying to sell my RM right now cause I really want a YZ 250 or RM 250.

With all the experience you have I would go ahead and get a 450. I really like those big thumpers. Although I love MX and Supercross, I like trail riding just the same. My brother in law and I have been racing together for 35 years and when we go out, he rides my bike as much as I ride his CR450F; man that thing is a joy to ride in the woods. If you want to just sit or stand on the pegs and putt along you can on those thumpers. I can't on mine; the way its built (by Pro Circuit) its all or nothing. You really have to stay in the pipe; which makes it quite nervracking when your just out with your buds on the weekends riding the trails.

What's the average life span of a motorcycle I'd like to get a used one but don't wanna buy one Thats gonna crap out on me

r7 draw driver 9.5* stiff shaft
Big bertha 06 irons, 4-sw
56*vokey spin milled 10*bounce
Victoria ;)
tp black balls cart bagJack nicklaus Golden Bear 52* and 60* wedgesWalter hagen: 3 wood 5 wood 4 hybrid stiff shaft"I don't say my golf game is bad, but if I grew tomatoes they'd come up sliced."www...

What's the average life span of a motorcycle I'd like to get a used one but don't wanna buy one Thats gonna crap out on me

Depends on many things, like what kind of bike and who you are buying it from and what they used it for and how they rode it, how much they rode it...etc

Tell me what you are looking for and I will give you an idea.

I have an 08 HD FLSTSB Crossbones and a 2001 Honda RC51. Been on bikes my whole life. I'll get pictures when I can walk again.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

With proper maintenance modern motorcycles can last forever (not literally, but 20-25 years for sure).

If you dont mind wrenching, you can keep anything running.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

With proper maintenance modern motorcycles can last forever (not literally, but 20-25 years for sure).

With the only exception being MX bikes. I wouldn't buy any MX bike older than 5 years that has been raced hard; they're only so much abuse from the grind of racing and jumping 75ft triples that frames, suspinsion, and components can take. Yes you can replace parts but why go thru the hassle when you can purchase a good 1 or 2 year old bike for $3500-$6000, with a new one costing only around $7000 (for instance, I paid $6000 new for mine in 2004 and have over $10,000 total invested). So if you are buying a MX'er and if you dont plan on racing it that much or not at all, dont spend your money on one that has been raced. My number one rule of thumb is dont buy anything from a young person; usually they ride them for all they are worth (as they should). If you are going to buy something for off road buy one from a middle aged man. They're so many "pretenders" out there that buy these bikes with their mind writing checks their ass couldnt cash. Then after the purchase the bike sits in the garage with little or no hours on them.

I wouldnt reccomend anyone even buy a used dirtbike unless they are good with a wrench. I spent my summers turning wrenches on two strokes, redoing top ends 2-3 times a summer (and more, because I did a lot of work for friends too), and the new 4 strokes arent a hell of a lot more reliable, but a hell of a lot harder to work on.

I have two KX500's at my dads, both 1999's, neither are running right now, I bought them both (from the same guy), as projects. And my brother wants me to trade the two of them for his 07 crf450. Not a damn chance, I have no interest in rebuilding it again, lol. I did it last time he blew it up, now he's on his own!

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

I wouldnt reccomend anyone even buy a used dirtbike unless they are good with a wrench. I spent my summers turning wrenches on two strokes, redoing top ends 2-3 times a summer (and more, because I did a lot of work for friends too), and the new 4 strokes arent a hell of a lot more reliable, but a hell of a lot harder to work on.

OH MAN!!!! I WANT'EM!!!

I WOULD GIVE ANYTHING!!! HOW 'BOUT MY FIRST BORN..SHE IS ONLY 21 NOW I remember when I was growing up that is what my father raced along with my teenage idol, Jeff Ward (along with "Huricane Hannah" of course on Yamaha). He (Jeff) wasnt tall enough to get on the thing but he could ride the heck out of those things!! He won consecutive 500 championships in 88 and 89. Those were the days!! I loved those big Open bikes.

Also, that is why I love my pinger, the cost of up keep is minimum compared to a thumper.

OH MAN!!!! I WANT'EM!!!

Hahaha I dont think my fiance would be real happy about me bringing home a 21 year old girl... And i have no interest in getting rid of them :p Those are mine forever, they are way too rare now.

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Note: This thread is 5405 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!