IGNORED

tall pga tour pros?

Note: This thread is 5405 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Really? I thought Tiger was taller. I'm 6'2'' and have nearly brushed shoulders with Tiger as he walked by and he's not 3" shorter than me.

I was surprised to hear Tiger's under 6 feet tall too! How tall is Vijay Singh (really) as the two are side by side in the below pic:

...they will list tiger at 6 1' but they post his weight at 158 pounds. I'm super scrawny at 5-9 and that same weight.

I'm 6' 2 and weigh just under 150, so I can't imagine you being that scrawny.

Driver: Cobra Speed Pro S X/10.5*
3W: TaylorMade Rescue
Irons: Adams Ovation 3 (4-LW)
Putter: Ping Zing 2i
Ball: Noodle + Long & SoftGlove: FootJoy SofJoyShoes: FootJoy GreenJoyShort term goals:Break 92 for 18 holesShoot 5 pars or better in one round.

I have to agree with Iacus but it begs the question why do they inflate height? Also it seems they put up accurate weights so it seems silly that they will list tiger at 6 1' but they post his weight at 158 pounds. I'm super scrawny at 5-9 and that same weight.

Did you reversed a couple numbers? The PGA's website, ESPN.com and Yahoo.com all have him at 185 lbs...

http://www.pgatour.com/players/00/87/93/ http://sports.yahoo.com/golf/pga/players/147 http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/playe...e?playerId=462

lol.. ok, ok. I give!

Haha I knew what you meant.

But the thing I like about golf is that some of the pros are short like me

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

I was surprised to hear Tiger's under 6 feet tall too! How tall is Vijay Singh (really) as the two are side by side in the below pic:

When I walked by Vijay at a tourney he looked like a 6'-3" or 6'-4" guy. Stewart Cink also did look to be around 6'-4" when right next to him.

Tiger woods was at 158 for a long time when he started playing but obviously packed on a ton of muscle so now he is 185...

And 6 2' 150 pounds is crazy!

Phil is listed at 6 '2 also?

Clearly they are the same size.

Using one possibly false thing to prove another possibly false thing is circular reasoning.

Then again...

And sure there is even an interview somewhere where tiger admits that he isn't even six foot, right?

Phil is obviously taller and shorter then tiger woods at 6 2'

FU internet!!!

• Administrator
Phil's taller than Tiger. That I know for certain as well.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Some of these reported heights mirror the reported driving distances on this website. LOL

I don't think Perry is that big, I've never met him but I have stood right next to him. I'm 6'3" and I was a good amount taller than he was. Stenson is listed as 6'5" I think, not so sure about that but he's a big guy, same with Cink.

Oh yeah, and seeing how I almost stepped on Vijay's ball at the Travelers Champ last year and he walked right up to me and gave me a stare that almost set my face on fire, I got a pretty good idea of how tall he was. I'd say around 6'3"-ish, we were about eye-to-eye but I felt about 3 inches tall at the time.

I agree, but just do not take Jim Furyk's as a model to analize, since he
has one of the weirdest swings of all tour players. Watch how he almost
bounces his hands on his knees, and does a cowboy type of back and down
swing, which have a different trajectory.

I don't understand how Jim Furyk can even hit the ball, he stands so darn close to the ball. His hands are almost touching his thighs when he hits it.

- Joel

TM M3 10.5 | TM M3 17 | Adams A12 3-4 hybrid | Mizuno JPX 919 Tour 5-PW

Vokey 50/54/60 | Odyssey Stroke Lab 7s | Bridgestone Tour B XS

Home Courses - Willow Run & Bakker Crossing

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

The tallest player to ever win a PGA Tour event was Phil Blackmar at 6'7".

Phil's average driving distance is 277.6

UPDATE:

This is from 2009 PGA e-notes flyer that gives little trivia bits about the upcoming season:

Written by Dave Lancer, Director Information

· There are 61 members 6 feet, 2 inches or taller this year, including the two tallest players—
Jay Delsing and Brian Vranesh —each 6 feet, 5 inches tall.

· The 2009 PGA TOUR season begins with 43 members still in their 20s. Of the 43, 20 have
already earned TOUR victories—10 of them with more than one. The 10 are Aaron
Baddeley (2 wins), Sergio Garcia (7), J.B. Holmes (2), Charles Howell III (2),
Trevor Immelman (2), Anthony Kim (2), Sean O’Hair (2), Adam Scott (6), D.J.
Trahan (2) and Camilo Villegas (2).

· There are 28 rookies on TOUR this year, including 10 who have never played in a TOUR
event before—Tyler Aldridge, Matt Bettencourt, Kris Blanks, Matthew Borchert,
Marc Leishman, James Nitties, James Oh, Brendon Todd, Brian Vranesh and
Gary Woodland.

· As the season begins, 11 players on TOUR are under the age of 25. Jason Day is the
youngest. He won’t turn 22 until after the season ends (Nov. 12). The rest of the list
includes (in order) Derek Fathauer, Webb Simpson, Brendon Todd, Colt Knost,
Anthony Kim, Casey Wittenberg, Tyler Aldridge, Dustin Johnson, Spencer Levin
and Gary Woodland.

· Arizona State has the most alumni on TOUR this year with nine. Georgia Tech, Oklahoma
State, UCLA and UNLV each have eight with Texas next with seven and Arizona, Florida
and New Mexico each with six.

· 2009 PGA TOUR players hail from 19 countries outside the U.S. Australia has 24 members
to lead all international nations. The U.S. born players hail from 41 states (plus the District
of Columbia).

· International players have made their presence felt in recent years. International players won
41 titles in the ‘80s, 95 in the ‘90s and 138 already in this decade.

· The TOUR will visit 22 states and four countries this season.

In my Acuity bag:

Driver: HiBore XL
Woods: Acuity 3 Wood and 3I-hybrid
Irons: Acuity oversized cavity backs 4 - PWWedges: Tourney Silver Scot 192Putter: Acuity half-malletBall: XL 5000 Super Straight

I simply asked a question (how tall is Vijay) when I posted the pic of Tiger and Vijay

... that's far from trying to "prove" anything - you shouldn't have gotten that impression. The pics you posted of Tiger and Phil were side by side ... here's another pic of Phil and Vijay, side by side, next to former President George H. Bush (who is 6'2" + himself).
Using one possibly false thing to prove another possibly false thing is circular reasoning.

Last post (hopefully) on this thread. As you can tell from my login name, I grew up playing tennis, and remain a big tennis player and fan to this day. I KNOW Roger Federer is 6'1" I know it! lol

So based on this pic, I'll agree that Tiger's 6'0" (but I'm still curious about Vijay's height).

Note: This thread is 5405 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!