IGNORED

I think I've played the worst course in America.

Note: This thread is 5289 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

haha - I saw this thread and before i even opened it, i though Rolling Knolls. Your right it is a joke of a golf course, but for $20 with a cart (and that is the walk up rate) its very cheap.

There are plenty of courses in the Rolling Knolls area I would rather play, and I CAN play for 25 or less, some with a cart and some without. If either of the guys who got stuck playing that cow pasture are interested, send me a PM and I can give you my list.

TM R7 SuperQuad - 9.5* Stiff || TM V-Steel 15/18* Stiff || Mizuno MP-52 3-PW PX5.5 || Titleist Vokey OC 52/58* || Odyssey White Hot #1

There's this course in Georgia called Augusta National. Idk if anyone has ever heard of it? Horrible. Will never go back

l Bag l TaylorMade Stand Bag

l Driver l TaylorMade '07 Burner 9.5* l 3-Wood l Titleist 910F 15* (D1 shaft setting)

l Hybrids l TaylorMade '07 Burner 19* : TaylorMade '10 Rescue 22*

l Irons l TaylorMade r7 5-PW l Wedges l Titleist Bob Vokey 52* 56* 60*

l Putter l Scotty Cameron California Del Mar 34" l Balls l TaylorMade Penta TP

i just went to a coure this morning with a friend and iam pretty sure it was actually someone back yard , it had no water hazards or sand traps . its just 9 straight shots up and back across the yard. i was really disappointed

Haha, I met a girl at school from Elgin this past year. She says she teaches golf lessons for children there. I knew it was a small town so the poor golf course makes a lot of sense.

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

Elgin gc reminds me a bit of the "Uganga" GC in Kampala that I played circa 1971. The fairways were basically dried mud with fissures and extremely hard, and the ball would bounce and bounce, then keep on rolling. The greens were even harder (like concrete almost), you quickly learned that the bump-and-run (pitching waaaay out there) was your only hope of staying on the "green". My african caddy, bless him, had a good chuckle at my efforts the first few holes, before I got the idea.

Great fun tho', I recommend you give it a try sometime when you're out that way. No lions in downtown Kampala IIRC.

Was this the worst course in Africa? Very probably not by a long chalk.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

Perhaps there is a worst course in AMERICA. Perhaps there is a worst course in Chile or in Argentina, or in Paraguay, or in Mexico, or...AMERICA is bigger.

i played one today the greens were mostly dirt with weeds sticking out of them and on 3 holes when we pulled the flag out the cup came to
DriverMonster Hi-Bore XLS/w Mintsubishi Diamana Fit-On M Gold Stiff 55g
Woods906F4 3 Wood/w Aldila VS Proto Fairway Stiff 80g
Hybrid3dx red 20 and 23 degree
Irons3dx red 5-pw
Wedgesharmonized sand wedge 56 degree loft and harmonize lob wedge 60 degree loftPutterWhite Hot XG SabertoothBallNoddle or ...

Oops, sorry about that awful typo. I meant the "Uganda G.C." of course. Not relevant? Well my point was, you think you've got things bad at your local track? ....... it's Pebble Beach compared to a lot of courses in other countries.

So be grateful already .....

[the backyard post really made me laugh tho'. Did you see washing hanging on a line by any chance?]

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

farm resort golf course in Morrisville Vermont, by far the worst golf course i have ever played.
Tee Boxes:there wasnt one flat one
Fairways/Rough: Couldn't tell the difference and was so soft that the person i was playing with topped one and it plugged
Greens: No fringe and the length was about what the fairways should be and they were rediculusly soft like the fairways/rough.

I will never play there again in my life.
Driver r7 superquad w/ UST Proforce V2(S)
3 Wood r9 3 wood(S)
5 Wood Burner 5 wood(S)
Irons Ci6 3-PW(S)
Wedge Z TP 56*Wedge Z TP 60*Putter Studio Select Newport 2(33in)Bag three5 stand bagBall Prov1x

• 2 weeks later...
By far worst ever for me was Pin Oaks in Auburn, AL. I went there once in college because we couldn't get a tee time anywhere else. One par 4 had no grass in the fairway. Literally. I was just hard Alabama clay. We did have a good time in that we took the governors off the gas carts and raced with them.

When I saw this thread, I immediately thought of Pin Oaks. So glad to know its legendary status is intact. I heard it closed, which is of course unfortunate. One of the best places I know to play without clothes and chug beer-a-hole funnels. Such good times. I miss the clover covered tee "boxes" (those were the nice ones).

Driver: 975D 10.5* UST ProForce 75 Gold S
3W: 906F2 15* S300 shaft
Irons: i-302 3-PW
Putter: Dual Force 990

The "Executive 9" at White Birch GC in Barnesville Pa.
http://www.whitebirchgolfcourse.com/
Check out the rules/regs page. " No practicing " is my personal favorite, although " No beach attire " is good too. And trust me, these rules are in place essentially just for the 18 hole "course" that they had, not the executive 9.

$9 and you play as long as to want, basically until youre just too drunk to swing anymore. By the time we were 16 they instituted the rule that you had to be 21 just to get a cart, along with leaving them a credit card in the "pro shop" due to the number of unfortunate accidents that some of the carts underwent.

We used to wait in the back and bribe guys coming off the course to give us theirs after that. Until one day a half-lady, half-brontosaurus saw us out the clubhouse window and somehow made it through the door to try to throw us out. Completely worth it.

Most holes bordered at least one road, no fences of course, and nothing but horns blasting as you play because the savvy motorist in the area knew that most ppl were just aiming for the cars and if you wanted to keep your windshield you should try to distract us.

There was one length of grass tee to green, somewhere between fairway and rough, and the greens were kept somewhere between 'aerated' and 'just aerated'

Home of the 50 yd. downhill par 3, we used to just throw the ball onto that green, and we rarely played with shirts on in the summertime. and, needless to say, some people saw fit to bring some registered "carl spackler bent" grass to the course to add to the recreation, which tended to slow play considerably.

I owe everything wrong with my swing to this date to that course, and I was sad to here the rumor that they recently stopped cutting the grass all together. Great place.

The bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 Limited (10.5*)
3-wood: Taylormade R7 st (15*)
5-wood: Titleist 909 F2(18.5*)Irons: Taylormade RAC TP MB; Project-X 6.0 (3-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 52.08 Vokey Spin-Milled 58.12Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 (33")Ball: Titleist ProV1

The Pheasant Golf Course in Borculo, Mich.

A nine-hole course that actually has some length, but the condition will make you scream. Almost dead straight, has a 89-yard par-3, spotty greens and fairways, and a couple of misplaced bumps in the fairway just to make it more "interesting".

Worst of all, all nine greens are sloped back to front at about a 40 degree angle, making putting extremely difficult, boring, and repetitive.

Sadly, I'm about to go play. Haha, $15 with cart without a tee time is good for a Saturday.

In my Adidas Velocity stand bag:
Redline RPM 430Q 8.5
Insight BUL 3 Wood
idea a2 3 iWood Hybrid
CCi 4-AW Cast Irons Black Max Anser Putter D2 Feel

I forgot, Orangebrook in Hollywood, FL. The whole place is St. Augustine grass just matted down. At least that's how I remembered it when I was a kid. What a dump.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

The "Executive 9" at White Birch GC in Barnesville Pa.

That entire post was funny. Thank you.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

Some of these posts remind me of the course I cut my teeth on. Its not the worst course, but clearly the worst I've ever played. Hon-e_kor, Kewauskum, WI. They have greatly improved things but it used to be pretty bad. Greens were good, but the fairways were just straight and flat with almost nothing but hit it down a very wide fairway. The whole course was fairway in fact. Cut all the grass the same length. Some holes just had 20' high skinny trees to make a border between fairways. Sometimes the fairways were so long, you could loose your ball in the long grass. On a couple of holes, they had just a small pond right in front of the tee for a water hazzard. Only a badly topped shot could end up in those ponds. A few of the greens weren't much bigger than postage stamps. But we were just kids and we could play all day for a couple of bucks. We still had fun.

PrairieParson
From Lubbock, Texas: the Heart of Flyover Country.
Ping G-15 Driver 12 deg.
Mizuno MP-33 Irons
Ball: White, mostly round and lots of dimplesScores this year: 78

• 2 weeks later...

oh boy do I have one for you tussey mountain State college pa the greens are horrible their green grass is too long, very bumpy. the tee spots are horrible the have rubber tees. the fairways are nice but have alot of bad unhealthy grass but there are no sand traps and the longest hole is 120 yrds
9 hole par three the are 9 hole couses 3 or 4 times as better. can anyone beat that.

big bertha driver
3,5 wood
1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9 Iron
SQ Sumo2 Hybrid
sand and pitching wedgeputterpro V1 balls burner ballsCallaway Tour Authentic Diablo Staff Bag

I haven't been forced to play it, but from my brothers description Camp Robinson Golf Course in North Little Rock, AR. He said the bermuda greens are so unkept that the grass is actually sending runners into the cups!

Craig 

Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

Note: This thread is 5289 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!