IGNORED

50 richest athletes...

andy
Note: This thread is 5402 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/mor...x.html?cnn=yes

obviously, a lot of money in golf as the #1 and #2 ranked richest athletes is tiger and phil. ton of basketball players...only other golfer in top 50 is jim juryk at #41

regardless, all are making ridiculous money!
DRIVER∙∙∙∙∙∙ G10 10.5°
5-WOOD∙∙∙∙ G10 18.5°
3-HYBRID∙∙ G10 21°
IRONS∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙ G10 4-PW
WEDGES∙∙∙∙ CG 14 52°, 56°, 60°PUTTER∙∙∙∙∙∙ Studio Select Newport 2BALL∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙∙ Nike One Black

yup. Imagine if he hadnt missed the last half of the year, he might have beaten schumachers record (120million)

In the Ogio Kingpin bag:

Titleist 913 D2 9.5* w/ UST Mamiya ATTAS 3 80 w/ Harrison Shotmaker & Billy Bobs afternarket Hosel Adaptor (get this if you don't have it for your 913)
Wilson Staff Ci-11 4-GW (4I is out of the bag for a hybrid, PW and up were replaced by Edel Wedges)
TaylorMade RBZ 5 & 3 Fairway Woods

Cobra Baffler T-Rail 3 & 4 Hybrids

Edel Forged 48, 52, 56, 60, and 64* wedges (different wedges for different courses)

Seemore Si-4 Black Nickel Putter

Interesting read. I can't believe the endorsement numbers some of these guys are pulling in. Where's Sidney Crosby? He's on Canadian TV a few times every day pushing Reebok or Tim Horton's. I guess they don't pay THAT well.

Women's A30S Integrated Set (Driver, Irons, Bag)
Fairway Woods: SQ 3,5
Wedge: cg14 60 degree
Putter: Always changing
Ball: Ladies or ProV1Cart: 2.0

If I made 30k a year golfing I would quit my job, I'm not even joking.

I think football players should make more because they generally have the shortest careers, how ever if your making 1m a year for 10 years and end up being poor you deserve it for being an idiot.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

I think football players should make more because they generally have the shortest careers

I love listening to other people talk about what someone "should" be paid and why...

The only thing that matters is what the guy does for his employer's bottom line. And that doesn't necessarily correlate with how often an athlete wins, or helps his team to win. However, in team sports we occasionally see owners happily take a financial loss (i.e. spend too much on their players) just for the sake of winning. The disparities in endorsement deals are especially interesting to me. Only 3 golfers make the list, yet 2 of them are #1 and #2. And nobody else is even close. I'm guessing that endorsement deals with golfers (as opposed to baseball or basketball players) are much more lucrative because it is the sport of choice for people who have money to spend. Not many 40 year-olds will go out and buy baseball equipment, but a lot of them will buy a new driver. So I understand Nike's deal with Tiger. But I do wonder, does Tiger really generate that much money for AT&T;? Does Phil really generate that much for Barclays? I guess another issue is that a golfer's appeal can be geographically universal. In team sports, by contrast, you have geographic rivalries. An endorsement deal with Derek Jeter is great in New York, but it can actually hurt you somewhere else (e.g. Boston). Tim

I was talking about compaired to baseball/basketball players, Im happy golfers are 1 and 2.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*

To put Tiger's winnings into something more visual, his $99 million would be a stack of $100 bills stretching over 4200 feet tall! Poor Phil, his stack of $100s would only reach 2200 feet tall.

I think it's also the relative scarcity of famous golfers that boosts the income from sponsorships. Really, there's one golfer that non-golfers know -- TW. In any other sport, because there are teams, you wind up with larger numbers of famous players competing. When Jordan was still playing, there was a similar effect... So if you're getting a basketball player for your ad campaign, you have choices. If you want a golfer, you need Tiger-- your return on investment will be far, far less, even if you get Phil...

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

I think football players should make more because they generally have the shortest careers...

Well, if "should" had anything to do with it, then Nascar drivers "should" make the most, because of the risk of death. Football players "should" be next, not only because of their shorter careers, but shorter lifespans as well. Football players, especially lineman, seem to die earlier than most, in their 50s and 60s.

Football players "should" earn larger salaries, but are hampered by collusion among the NFL owners. It's much worse in the NFL than MLB or NBA as reflected in their average salaries.

HiBore 10.5 driver
GT-500 3- and 5-woods
Bazooka JMax 4 Iron Wood
Big Bertha 2008 irons (4 and 5 i-brids, 6i-9i,PW)
Tom Watson 56 SW Two-Ball putter

Don't forget that the list only ranks American athletes. If you look at the international list you'll see that Vijay would slot in at number 9 and Sergio at 16 on the American list (obviously not adding in the other international athletes also). Even without Vijay's $10 million from the FedEx Cup he'd still be up there so there's obviously more to it than there only being two marketable golfers in the world.

In all reality there is just as much risk, if not more on a crowded golf course than there is driving in NASCAR, IRL, and the like.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

Yes but I hate nascar so that doesnt come into the percentages in my head ;)

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*

Note: This thread is 5402 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!