IGNORED

How many holes have you played in one day?

Harry SasQuatch
Note: This thread is 5405 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

On Sunday another golfer and I decided to see how many holes we could walk in one day so we made a 7:24 tee time and finished just past dark at 9:30. The final tally: 64. The first two rounds were a bit slow since it was a Sunday at a private course but after that we moved along pretty well. We could barely see on the 63rd hole and just for fun decided to play the 18th again in the dark from the red tees with 7 irons only. My previous high was 45 way back when I was in high school, needless to say my 28 year old legs were a little more sore this time out.

In my sack:

Driver: VR STR-8 Fit Tour 10.5 VooDoo stiff
3 wood: 909F2 13.5* stiff Diamana
Hybrid: Rescue 19* stiff3-6: MP 52 S3007-PW: MP 62 S300Wedges: 54-12, 58-8Putter: Newport 2 TeI3

18 is quite enough for me for one day.

in the bag...

Driver: MX560
3W/5W: Tight Lies
3i-pw: Pi-7gw/sw: Tom Watsonputter: Bulls Eye bag: Ozoneball: / home: Lake of the Woods @ www.golfthelake.com

64 was a lot of fun but we came nowhere close to the record of 409. Here's the link: http://www.radicalgolf.co.za/?Task=s...ds+in+24+hours

In my sack:

Hybrid: Rescue 19* stiff3-6: MP 52 S3007-PW: MP 62 S300Wedges: 54-12, 58-8Putter: Newport 2 TeI3

That's awesome.

We have only three golf clubs in my town.

Eagle Bend 18 muni, LCC 18 private, Alvamar 18 private and 18 public. It's a goal of mine to play all 72 in a day.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

45 was how many I played once I was exhausted because I had walked it all. I started at 7:30 and ended 5...truly exhausting!

I think I could play 72 in one day if I had a cart, from 7 to 8:30 but it would be really close.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

54 - wow, after the numbers you've guys posted, i'm a lazy peice of crap!

Driver: :callaway: Rogue ST  /  Woods: :tmade: Stealth 5W / Hybrid: :tmade: Stealth 25* / Irons: :ping: i500’s /  Wedges: :edel: 54*, 58*; Putter: :scotty_cameron: Futura 5  Ball: image.png Vero X1

-Jonny

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

36 for me.

In my Xtreme Sport bag
'09 Burner 9.5*
F50 15* 3 Wood
Burner 18* 5 Wood
MX-19 4-GW SV Tour 54.12 & 58.08 White Hot 2-Ball SRT

45 was how many I played once I was exhausted because I had walked it all. I started at 7:30 and ended 5...truly exhausting!

We were trying for 72 and could have done it if it went a little faster early on. If they would have taken tee times before 7 it would have helped a lot too. I'm sure a lot more would be possible with a cart but 72 carrying a bag is a sunrise to sundown affair. For 64 we only stopped for about 10 minutes after the first and only enough time after the second to run into the restaurant and pick up food we ordered to eat on the third 18 we played. Other than those two stops we played for 14 hours straight.

In my sack:

I did 72 at a course in Door County, WI. I was 15 and my parents were going to do all the touristy shops. So i found a course with an all-day rate and played for 10 hours. I stopped and had lunch for about 20 minutes. I was too young to realize that walking 72 holes was borderline outrageous. I played through about 8 foursomes and played two balls for probably half the holes. I played some really good golf during the middle rounds. It was a Tuesday or Wednesday and the course was not busy.
Driver: Cleveland Hi-Bore Tour 9.5°, Fujikura Fit-On Red-Stiff
Fairway: Cleveland Hi-Bore 15°, Grafalloy ProLaunch Red-Stiff
Hybrid: Taylor Made Rescue Dual TP 3H, Diamana Blue Board-Stiff
Irons: MacGregor MT 3-PW, Nippon N.S. Pro 950GH Stiff
Wedges: MacGregor MT Pro 52-6° & 58-10°Putter:...

First let me preface this by saying that I'm 62. Last Wednesday my brother and I played 36, and we played 81 holes in 4 days (Tuesday-Friday). It would have been 90 holes but a Biblical deluge washed out the back 9 on Friday. I admit that we were riding for all of it, but I was still surprised that my back actually felt fine afterward.

We played 3 rounds at a Jack Nicklaus course in Anaconda, Montana called The Old Works. Neat place and at under $50 per round with cart, a real steal.

Rick

"He who has the fastest cart will never have a bad lie."

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Back in the UK during summertime, me and a buddy regularly used to play 54 in a day. We were both working shifts, so were able to enjoy this midweek when the course is quiet.

18 then into the clubhouse for breakfast
another 18 then in lunch
final 18 then off home

All rounds are walking, carrying bags and took no longer than 2hrs 30mins per round.
In the bag...

G10 9° Driver
G10 17° 4 Wood
G10 21° Hybrid i15 4-PW Tour-W Wedges 50/12 & 56/10 Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 (35")Balls - Bridgestone B330-RX

36 is the most i have played,i'm playing 36 tomorrow.

aeroburner tp 10.5 stiff
superfast tp 2.0 3 wood stiff
Halo 25 and taylormade tp 19 degree hybrids
miura cb 202 and wedge
tp 52* wedge, tp 56* taylormade spider mallet putter

When I turned 16 and had my own car my brother and I would follow my Dad to the course on Saturday mornings teeing off before 07:00AM. My Dad would play 18 with us then go home. My brother and I would grab a snack and head back out for another 18 holes. Then we would grab a burger from the clubhouse and go back out for one more 18. We would finish around 07:30PM completing 54 holes! When we got home my parents would usually be out to dinner and would leave us money for pizza! We would order the Little Cesar's Pizza/Pizza two larges and almost eat them both by the time my parents were home,,,lol!

After walking 54 holes we were starving, and we did this all summer long!!!
Man that was good times!!

In My Bag:
Driver: :Cobra Amp Cell Pro 9.5*, Stock X-Flex

3 Wood: :Cobra Bio Cell 16*, Stock X-Flex

5 Wood: Cobra Bio Cell 20*, Stock S-Flex
Irons: Bridgestone J40-CB 3-PW, Project-X 6.0

Gap Wedge::Vokey: 52* CNC  

Sand Wedge: :Vokey: 58* CNC  

Putters: Scotty Cameron Newport II 

Ball: Bridgestone 330-S(2014)

Sounds like a fun time!!!

You reminded me of a time I tried some marathon golf.

I actually walked 54 holes BEFORE NOON (well, actually about 12:30) once when I was 14. My dad dropped me off at sunrise (around 5:30am) and the green mowers were still out the first round - I finished it in under 2 hours (the other two rounds were a tad slower). The course was short, about 6000 yards and I was playing my game then, which was short and straight. 220 down the middle, 7 iron from 150, two putts. I actually shot my personal best then, in the second 18 of that day (82).

I was pretty tired.

Figure I walked maybe 15 miles in that 6-7 hour stretch.

Driver: 905S 8* - Graffaloy Blue 65S Shaft (tipped 1" Short)
Fairway: 960F (15*, 19*)
Irons: T-Zoid Pro 4-PW w/ True Temper Steel
Wedges: MP-R Black 52*, 56*
Lob: 60* CG-10 (nice and rusty)Putter: OZ Putter (with oversized Winn Blue Grip)Ball:: One Tour

It snowed one day when I was like 16 and my best friend and I jumped the fence at the club we belonged to and played over 72 holes. We kept scores for those, but then after that we just hit different shows and would pick one club to use the entire hole. We didnt stop till later that day. It was rough the first few holes cause there was patches of un melted snow. Yellow balls were not to be made fun of that day :)

Steve "SKS" Kissinger

In the Bag:

Driver:905 - 9.5Fairway: 905 - 15 degreeIrons: MP32s 3-PWWedge: 56 and 60Putter: Teardrop TD21Bag:

I played in a "100 hole" fundraiser a few years ago. We went from 7:00 am-8:00 pm and the course was reserved for those of us playing the tourney. The only way for us to reach the 100 holes was to play 2 balls on the par 3's and count those as playing the hole twice, so in the end I'm not sure how many I actually played. Either way, normal walking was difficult for the next 3 days!

What's in the Bag?

HiBore 9.5 deg w/Grafalloy Pro Launch 65
Big Bertha 3w
Tight Lies I-Wood 24 deg ap1 4-pw x-14 3-pw Vokey 52.08, 60.06 Detour Marksman Blade

Note: This thread is 5405 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!