IGNORED

Which driver to go with gotta stay under 200

Note: This thread is 5406 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

im lookin for a new driver its gotta be a 9.5 or 9* stiff flex and under 200

im thinkin of the Taylormade Burner 09 which is 200
or the Cobra Speed Pro S
or the Cleavlend Hibore Xls and a few others

You might want to give the Adams Speedline a try. (Last year's model) I tried a bunch, and like it the best for my swing. It is $199 right now at Edwin Watts. Do you have a place that allows you to try lots of clubs on the range?

Gary

Nakashima HTEC 460 9.5, 65g Fujikura Motore F1 (s)
Speedline 3W, 70-gram Grafalloy Prolaunch Axis
SQ 2 18 Deg. Hybrid, stock stiff graphite
R7 irons, 4-LW, stock stiff steel
White Steel 2-Ball SRT PutterSunMountain MPB bagIGolf Neo

Check out the R7 Limited...has changed my game.

My Bag

Grom
r7 Limited 10.5
Hybrid 3 Baffler BB 2004 Irons 4-PW, GW, SW Vokey 60 wedge White HotProV1x

I would say go with the 09 Burner or try out the 08 Tour Burner that you can pick up for under $200 used.

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

i play an R5 Dual Type D 9.5 stiff and i hate it i cant hit it for the life of me but i demoed the burner 09 and i liked it alot i tried the speedline and didnt like it too much and im thinkin of tryin the r7 limited

My vote is for the r7 Limited, although I love my r7 Superquad, which you could also find quite cheap.

But if you really like the Burner 09, dont let anyone talk you out of it

In my bag:

Driver: Titleist TSi3 | 15º 3-Wood: Ping G410 | 17º 2-Hybrid: Ping G410 | 19º 3-Iron: TaylorMade GAPR Lo |4-PW Irons: Nike VR Pro Combo | 54º SW, 60º LW: Titleist Vokey SM8 | Putter: Odyssey Toulon Las Vegas H7

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

the speed pro is an amazinggg clubbbb. i had a major hooking problem and the open face really fixed it. really deep and hot off the face.

What's In My Bag

Driver R9 Supertri 9.5
3 WoodR9
3 Hybrid: Baffler DWSIrons X-20 Tour 4-PWGap Wedge RAC TP SmokeSand Wedge Vokey 56.14Lob Wedge Vokey SM 60.7Putter:SeeMore FGP Black

i play an R5 Dual Type D 9.5 stiff and i hate it i cant hit it for the life of me but i demoed the burner 09 and i liked it alot i tried the speedline and didnt like it too much and im thinkin of tryin the r7 limited

What's your SS? what kind of problems are you having with your current driver?

I just got the r7cbg Max, and I am still getting used to it, but it seems to work well for me. It forces me to stay in take it easy on my drives. The shaft is reg flex 49g, is recommended for a ss of upto 90, I can get into the low 100's. But when it's struck correctly, it's pretty nice!!!!
It's the indian, not the arrow! But it sure is nice to have good arrows!!!!!

Driver : r7 Limited 9.5* Matrix Ozik X-Con 5.5 (Reg) | Fairway: 906F4 15.5* (Reg) | Hybrids: DWS Baffler 3/R 20* (Reg) & Baffler Rail H 4-H 22* (Reg) | Irons: AP1 5-G (Reg) | Wedges: SW - SM56-10 & LW - SM60-04 | Putter:.....

MX-700 Driver. 9.5 stiff 199$ from Budgetgolf.com Amazing driver!

In my Callaway Stand Bag:

MX-700 9.5* stiff
2H 18deg Slingshot Tour
MP57 3-PW Rifle Flighted 5.0 54* Vokey Spin Milled 60* BRZ Tour Action 900 Studio Select Newport 2

I really love the TM Burner. A very nice driver IMO. I came close to buying one but in the end went with the Ping G10...But certainly a solid feeling driver.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I'd go with the Burner. I've loved every Burner driver I've hitten, and based on your first post, you seemed to like the 2009 Burner.

In the carry bag:
'07 Burner 10.5 Driver (S Flex)
Hyper X 5 Wood
J33CB 4-PW Irons (S Flex)
Vokey 54-10 Spin Milled Watson 08 60 Lob Wedge G5i Blade

Id suggest the Hibore XLS simply because I recently was in your exact position, ended up going for the HiBore, and couldn't be more pleased. The Burner was originally the driver I planned to buy, but for whatever reason it's distance was severely lacking...perhaps just a result of my swing, but I consistently lost ~15 yards on driving distance with it compared to the other drivers I was trying. It's the best feeling driver I've ever swung though. Well, now second best behind the HiBore .

HiBore XLS 9.5*
Launcher 15*
Rescue 21*
X-20 Tour 4-PW
CG10 50*, CG12 56*, 60*Pixl L1.8 (8 years and running)

this is interesting to me because of a driver shootout i recently read regarding drivers and they basically said that most of their reviewers said the burner went a decent bit further than the other clubs in the test, in several handicap ranges as well........

In my TMX stand bag:

R580XD 10.5* Stiff
'07 Burner 5 Wood 18*
'09 Burner Rescue Hybrid #3 19* Stiff 3dx Ironwood #4 Stiff Idea Tech OS 5-PW Vokey SM 52*-08 CG11 SM 58*-08 White Hot XG #2 33.5"

I really don't doubt it at all. I had read similar reviews of it, but for me that unfortunately wasn't the case.

HiBore XLS 9.5*
Launcher 15*
Rescue 21*
X-20 Tour 4-PW
CG10 50*, CG12 56*, 60*Pixl L1.8 (8 years and running)

I just bought a maltby driver for $13 and the maltby xshaft was $60. It isnt as long as my old taylormade, but more consistent. I would drive 300+ or top previously

..now I drive 200 on duck hooks up to 295 ...in my first use,, 2 days ago.

$13 you can never go wrong.

Here's an option... spend $200 on lessons and range balls... then your current driver will magically be exactly what you need.

Driver: Titleist 907D2 9.5 Stiff
Hybrid: Adams Pro Black 18*
Irons: Mizuno MP60 (4-PW)
Wedges: Vokey SM 50/54/58/62
Putter: Yes! CallieBall: TM PentaHome course: DeBell Golf Club http://www.debellgolf.com/

Note: This thread is 5406 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!