IGNORED

wedges wedges wedges.....

Note: This thread is 5409 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

im a 24 handicap(dont pay attention to whatever it sat on my profile) and dropping every 2 to 3 rounds. Anyway ive got some b'day money to spend and was thinking of getting another wedge. My question is which a) loft should i get and b) which wedges should i go with? ive heard good thing about the rac tp y tune's can anyone confirm or deny? open to any suggestion.

Cheers
tkty

my clubs my bussiness

"As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
Ben Hogan

How is your SW from the Southpaw set for greenside chipping and in grassy lies? If it's anything like those I've experienced from iron sets, you may be better off with a wedge.

I don't know what bounce your 60º is, but if it's high enough, it should work great out of the sand.
If you intend to keep the 60º and the SW, you have a gap from PW to SW on 6-10 degrees, depending on the loft of them both. Do you feel you need a wedge to fill that gap or are you ok? Another option is to get a high bounce 54º and also use it from the sand. It'll be a 6º gap from PW to 54º and 6º gap from 54º to 60º.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

How is your SW from the Southpaw set for greenside chipping and in grassy lies? If it's anything like those I've experienced from iron sets, you may be better off with a wedge.

yea my 60* works great out of the sand and i fell my sand wedge is too chunky for my liking so i was thinking of taking it out the bag and fill the gap between 48* pw and 60* with 54*. any wedge you can suggest??

my clubs my bussiness

"As you walk down the fairway of life you must smell the roses, for you only get to play one round."
Ben Hogan

for me it would depend. do you plan on eventually getting a 3rd wedge? if so, I would go with 52, 56, 60. if not, probably 54, 60 like you mentioned.

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

yea my 60* works great out of the sand and i fell my sand wedge is too chunky for my liking so i was thinking of taking it out the bag and fill the gap between 48* pw and 60* with 54*. any wedge you can suggest??

Right now i currently play 3 titleist vokey wedges. 52 56 and 60. After playing with these wedges for 4 years and only swapping the 56 and 60 for spin milled versions i can say that i will never play a different wedge. They are truly great golf clubs.

Right now i currently play 3 titleist vokey wedges. 52 56 and 60. After playing with these wedges for 4 years and only swapping the 56 and 60 for spin milled versions i can say that i will never play a different wedge. They are truly great golf clubs.

i second that..

i love the vokey wedges.. even replaced my pw with a 48 bent 1* vokey wedge.. they just have incredible control.. i play a 47, 52, 56, 60 all vokey spin mill 47 is my 130-115ish 52 is my 115-100ish 56 is my 100-80ish 60 is for 80 and less I have had great success with that set up.. My problem has been staying in the fairway off the tee..

i second that..

I second the tee box problem. I just bought the new spin milled vokeys, a 54 and a 58, i think i may have bought hte wrong bounce setups for my swing, but i feel so confident with these wedges anytime im less than 100 yards. They just stop when they hit the green!

Note: This thread is 5409 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!