IGNORED

Baltic Putter with Swastika

Note: This thread is 2103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

There's nothing "interesting" about symbols of abject hatred.

that paticular symbol is not all hatred though mostly yes,but completely no.everyone went omg swastika he's racist,seems a little unfair.

The word "swastika" comes from the Sanskrit svastika - "su" meaning "good," "asti" meaning "to be," and "ka" as a suffix.

Until the Nazis used this symbol, the swastika was used by many cultures throughout the past 3,000 years to represent life, sun, power, strength, and good luck.

Even in the early twentieth century, the swastika was still a symbol with positive connotations. For instance, the swastika was a common decoration that often adorned cigarette cases, postcards, coins, and buildings. During World War I, the swastika could even be found on the shoulder patches of the American 45th Division and on the Finnish air force until after World War II.

This is from http://history1900s.about.com/cs/swa...ikahistory.htm . so it could not be related to germany at all maybe its a good luck putter.

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

I worked in a Federal Courthouse that had those symbols as part of the decoration. Sometimes the image is transposed (mirror image), but either way the symbol did not really get coopted effectively by the Nazis until the early 1930s. If that putter is from 1925, there is *no chance at all* that it's a WWII German Fascist Hitler Genocidal putter.

It's just a putter. Anyway, give the original poster a break - it was an innocent and legit question.

Now...would I want to own such a putter? Eh, no thanks!

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

The swastika on the club is left-handed and unrotated, as oppposed to the Nazi one which is right-handed and rotated 45 degrees.

C9 VFT Ti
C9 5w
P2 Hybrid 3
P2 Deep Cavity 4-PW
SGS 52, 56 Putter

I dont think this thread would have nose dived if the poster just said the 1925 Baltic Putter Model ## etc. He stated SWASTIKA in the thread title suggesting either he is attention whoring or not so clear up in his head (maybe an early morning post?).

The attention to the Swatstika on a 1925 putter is not necessary at all.

In my TerraFirma X Bag
360 Ti 10.5° Driver
FT-i Squareway 15.0° 3w
04 Big Bertha 19.0° 5w
04 Big Bertha 4-9, PW, GW +1/2" Irons Vokey Spin-Milled 56°10° SW C02 Milled 35" Putter Contour Shoes and SofJoy GlovesA mix of NXT and Laddie Xtreme balls

I also, don't care what you say - if your collecting swastikas and german crosses you have a dark fascination with racism and hatred at the very least.

That would be like saying that someone interested in studying the era of the crusades, or someone interested in collecting Mongolian artifacts has a "dark fascination with racism and hatred" Whatever happened has already happened, and cannot be changed. Living in the past is stupid and senseless. And while everyone should recognize and acknowledge the miseries that some groups of people passed through during WWII, dwelling on it for more than necessary and exploiting it by using the "OMG RACIST" card is as stupid as not showing respect to those who suffered. The Swastika is a symbol that existed years before Hitler and still exist till now. And while it CERTAINLY is a stupid idea to use that symbol anywhere right now, given the fact that almost everybody will relate it to Nazi Germany, it is still equally stupid to shout "racism" at anyone interested in collecting certain memorabilia that carries that symbol.
My achievements:
Eagles: 0
Birdies: 18
Best Round: 89

yea sure, while your at it - grab your white robe and hood and see if maybe that compliments your outfit - then you can tee off in a white robe and putt with the swastikas. Hell add some skinhead boots to the mix and your all set for your sunday tee time at Racist Ranch golf links

This is rude, insulting and uncalled for. Very few people were untouched by the legacy of WWII. To claim that asking a question about a (possible) artifact from that era paints you with the same brush shows a saddening lack of perspective.

Back on topic, the item as described by the OP didn't make a lot of sense until I googled up the same auction information. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it. George Santayana, The Life of Reason

i could see what all the fuss was about if the putter was actually worth a few grand or more... like priceless memorabilia... or if hitler himself played it during the 3rd reich open... but 75 bucks? id rather get a real putter worth 2x that much... lol
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I believe that the OP just wanted to ask about a piece of equipment. I find historical things facinating, no matter what "regime" it is from or my feelings about said regime.

I have a '41 German Mauser rifle. I'm not German. But it, however, is the coolest single thing that I own.

FTi 10* Draw w/ ProLaunch Blue 65g Stiff
5 Wood
Walter Hagen Ultradyne Blades 3-PW
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

I dont think this thread would have nose dived if the poster just said the 1925 Baltic Putter Model ## etc. He stated SWASTIKA in the thread title suggesting either he is attention whoring or not so clear up in his head (maybe an early morning post?).

I don't think he meant to start anything. He has or saw this putter and wanted to know about it. If he leaves off the swastika markings, then it would be harder to determine what it is.

An example (not intended to be racist, just an observation). On the local news a while back a credit union was robbed. The description was as follows: John Doe (they knew the name, but I don't remember it.) Male 6'x" 2xxlbs Dark hair Dark Pants Blue sweatshirt On a later newscast they put up a picture and it was a black man. They didn't mention that before, but that would have helped narrow down who it was if you were to see him on the street.

5 Wood
52*
X-Tour Vintage 56.13 X-Forged Chrome 64.09 Dual Force BladeBall: B330Rx or Pro V1

if hitler himself played it during the 3rd reich open...

That one made me bust out laughing. Sorry all, but it was funny.

5 Wood
52*

well the nazi symbol is completelty backwords so it the opposite of luck and good and hitler says that in mien kampf if uve read it and ppl saying it racist ur pretty ignorant to say taht when u dont even kno what the sign means or why the nazis used it and u just see a sign that looks like a swasticka u just say oh nazis

In my Intech bag i have driver-XPC 10.5 offset, lynx predator 460 woods-XPC hybrids- XPC irons- TourII- very old idk what brand Wedge-vokey 48*putter- dual force 990

XPC custom made by my grandad before passing away

well the nazi symbol is completelty backwords so it the opposite of luck and good and hitler says that in mien kampf if uve read it and ppl saying it racist ur pretty ignorant to say taht when u dont even kno what the sign means or why the nazis used it and u just see a sign that looks like a swasticka u just say oh nazis

Grammar, young Jedi.

In my TerraFirma X Bag
360 Ti 10.5° Driver
FT-i Squareway 15.0° 3w
04 Big Bertha 19.0° 5w
04 Big Bertha 4-9, PW, GW +1/2" Irons Vokey Spin-Milled 56°10° SW C02 Milled 35" Putter Contour Shoes and SofJoy GlovesA mix of NXT and Laddie Xtreme balls

i was ok with the grammer but spelling made it hard to read.

I'm sure his grammer was a nice lady, but what does she have to do with his grammar?

In the bag:
FT-iQ 10° driver, FT 21° neutral 3H
T-Zoid Forged 15° 3W, MX-23 4-PW
Harmonized 52° GW, Tom Watson 56° SW, X-Forged Vintage 60° LW
White Hot XG #1 Putter, 33"

i was ok with the grammer but spelling made it hard to read.

Kelsey Grammer?

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...3L._SL500_.jpg
  • Upvote 1

In my TerraFirma X Bag
360 Ti 10.5° Driver
FT-i Squareway 15.0° 3w
04 Big Bertha 19.0° 5w

Well, let me start off by saying I am not a racist. Someone I know owns this putter and I am a history nut. It made sense to ask here with all the knowledge I have seen on this site. If I would have known it was a 1925 putter I would have put that in the title as well.
Instead of asking about my interest in the club some of you go straight for the worst thing you can think of. It's much easier to call people names on the internet and some of you have shown your true colors. Maybe it's because I have less than 10 posts, I can tell the more posts you have the smarter you are.

It's all about history for me. I guess I should have said that first.

For those that gave an intelligent answer I thank you and will pass the info on. And for all you others, I've been around long enough to know it's just the internet.

Driver: 9.5 Titleist 910, Fairway Woods: G2 3 wood and 5 woods
Irons: Titleist CB712
Wedges: 52 - Vokey, 56 - Vokey Raw,
Putter: Odyssey White Hot #1
Ball: NXT Tour

Note: This thread is 2103 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!