IGNORED

can someone make sense of this scorecard?

nownot
Note: This thread is 5379 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I just downloaded an app for my iPhone and this is the generated scorecard, but it confuses the heck outta me. Any help with what all the numbers mean is greatly appreciated. I'm confused from score to net score, thanks for any input.

Round score is the score relative to par after handicap strokes have been applied. Net score is the score per hole after handicap strokes have been applied.

From this scorecard, it's clear that you've entered an extremely high handicap index into the application because you're getting as many as 3 strokes on some holes, and while your gross score for the 6 holes is 4 over par, your net score is 10 under.......a differential of 14 strokes over six holes.

Does that clarify it?

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Round score is the score relative to par after handicap strokes have been applied. Net score is the score per hole after handicap strokes have been applied.

yep, sounds good. I guess im going to have to get some rounds under my belt before it starts to make sense.

yep, sounds good. I guess im going to have to get some rounds under my belt before it starts to make sense.

FWIW, the maximum handicap index the USGA allows is 36.4 for men. I'd recommend just entering that for now until you get your index established. The numbers should make a little more sense then.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

The handicap could be correct on a difficult course. Knowing the handicap you used and rating of the course you play will explain it.

Ogio Grom | Callaway X Hot Pro | Callaway X-Utility 3i | Mizuno MX-700 23º | Titleist Vokey SM 52.08, 58.12 | Mizuno MX-700 15º | Titleist 910 D2 9,5º | Scotty Cameron Newport 2 | Titleist Pro V1x and Taylormade Penta | Leupold GX-1

What app is it

In My Hank Haney IJGA Bag
Driver: FT Tour 9.5 w/ Aldila Voodoo Stiff
3 Wood: i15 15.5 w/ avixcore red stiff
Hybrids: Rescue 09 19, 22 w/ fujikara fit on stiff
Irons: 4 & 5 MP-52, 6-PW MP-58 w/ KBS Tour Stiff Wedges: MP T-10 52*, 58* w/ KBS Tour StiifPutter: Fastback 1 34 inBall: : Pro...

link to app http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/M...314895495&mt;=8

UI is iffy, dont really like it but usable. My home course wasn't on there so I followed the steps to get it added (had to email some pics of score card) and they had it up before the days end so good customer service also. Also they have gps version, if someone w/ a iphone 3g or 3gs gets this please pm me with how good it is, dont want to waste 30$. but all in all I Highly recommend

but yeah went out today shot an 85 so a few more and ill post the screen to make sure its calculating correctly, thanks for the input.

I purchased this app today (the non GPS version), but Ive yet to play with it :(

Cobra GT stand bag
Cobra S9-1 F Speed
Ben Hogan Apex Edge 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Wedges 56, 60

• Administrator
I should note that Scorecard users with an iPhone can download a companion application for their iPhones (or iPod Touches).

The app costs a bit more, of course, but it does a heck of a lot more, too. The iPhone companion app is free.

http://cynicalpeak.com/scorecard/

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Note: This thread is 5379 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!