IGNORED

golfshot on iPhone

Note: This thread is 4576 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm pretty sure there was a recent iPhone thread, but I can't find it. I aplogize for any thread duplication.

Has anyone heard of the Golfshot GPS app? I looks amazing and has really good reviews. I'm interested in any STF feedback if any of you have used it. I'm very interested in both the GPS and the scorecard (and subsequently stats).

www.golfshot.com

Cobra GT stand bag
Cobra S9-1 F Speed
Ben Hogan Apex Edge 3-PW
Titleist Vokey Wedges 56, 60

I haven't tried golfshot, but I ended up getting the AirVue GPS app when it was on sale for father's day. It seems to work pretty well but it takes a while for app to find satellites again when you resume the app from the lock screen. The yardages seem pretty good when you have at least 2-3 satellites.

In my offbrand bag....

2009 Burner Driver
2007 Burner 3-wood
2009 Burner Rescue 4-Hybrid X-20 Irons 4-PW X-forged gap wedge 52.12* CG14 Black Pearl 56.14* and 60.14* wedges White Hot Dual Rossie Putter e6+ balls

I don't know about on the Iphone, but I've used it on multiple verizon phones (env touch, env 3) and seems to be pretty good.

I'm getting the env3, how does it work on that and does it cost money to download?

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I use Golfshot (non-GPS) on my iPhone 3Gs. I love the app. The scorecard's very easy to use, and I've yet to run into a course that isn't in their database. The graphical stats are great, and the best part...it emails you your playing summary after you've completed your round. All for $0.99!

The GPS version looks interesting, but I think I'll stick to my Bushnell for on course assistance. The potential battery drain from running the GPS so often would be a major drag, and the $29.99 price tag for an iPhone app is rather steep.
905R 10.5* - Speeder (S) ::: 909F2 15.5* - VooDoo (S) ::: 909H 19* - VooDoo (S) ::: Vokey Spin Milled 52.08, 56.11 & 60.07
MX-25 4-P - Dynamic Gold (S300)
Studio Style Newport 2 - 33/350
Pro V1Tour V2

I use ViewTi Golf for the iphone, and have no issues with it. a bit pricy at $24.00 but way cheaper then standalone gps.

Ping MB 52º, 56º
755: 5-W
Steelhead III: 5w, 7w
Ping: G10 10.5 UST Regular
Odyssey white hot 2ball

• 2 weeks later...
I'm pretty sure there was a recent iPhone thread, but I can't find it. I aplogize for any thread duplication.

I have been watching this for the last few weeks, it's got alot of great reviews i have an sg5 (Will be selling it) and view ti (POS) in my opinion Golf logic is coming out with an Iphone app too.

Chuck

I have it for my iPod touch.

You still get aerial views of every hole (as long as the course is in the 15,000 preloaded) and you can move the cursor around to where your ball lands etc. It will tell you how far you have hit the ball from the tee and how far to the green. Also the scorecard and stats are amazing and you can set it up to automatically email you the scorecard and stats after every round. Keeps your information stored so you can see your averages on each hole as you play it again compared to every time you have in the past.

I think it's a great deal for $29.99

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

It's not full GPS like with the iPhone. With the iPod touch version you can click anywhere on the hole and it will tell you the distance from the tee to that spot and the distance from that spot to the green.

My understanding is that with the iPhone GPS version you can do the same but it will give you distances to the front of green, hole, and back of green. I have never used the iPhone version or know anyone that does but that is what I get when I read the app description.

What's In My Bag:
Driver: TaylorMade R11s 9* w/ Fujikura Motore F1
3 Wood: TaylorMade R11s w/ Mitsubishi Fubuki 
Irons: Taylormade R11
Wedges: Titleist SM4 Vokey 52.08, 56.11, 60.04 
Putter: Odyssey Metal-X #9
Ball: Taylormade Penta TP5

• 3 weeks later...
I've had this app for 2 weeks now on my new iPhone 3Gs and I absolutely love it. $29.99 is a bargain for for what it does (gps yardages, custom layup distances, score keeping, stats... it even emails you your scorecard when you are done. Love it! It even keeps score for a foursome!

What's in my bag:
Cleveland Hibore XLS Monster Driver
TourEdge Exotics 2,3,4 hybrid irons
Tommy Armour 845cs Silverbacks 5-PW
Assorted wedges, Ping Scottsdale Anser

Golf Logix has an app for the iphone and blackberrys(golfgps.com) ive used there actual gps and it works well going to try it on the blackberry tonight

Whats in the old Ping bag:

Driver-Cleavland Comp w/ Fujikara shaft
3 wood-Callaway FT tour w/ Fujikara shaft
Hybrid-Taylor Made 19 degree rescueIrons-Bridgestone J33 combo 3-PWWedges-Taylor Made Rac TP 56/Ping Eye 2 SW and Titleiset Vokey 50Putter-Whatever is workingBall-Srixon z-star golfball

I use ViewTi Golf for the iphone, and have no issues with it. a bit pricy at $24.00 but way cheaper then standalone gps.

I use ViewTi. The app works great and adding a course is a breeze. If you are shopping I would definitely advise checking it out. The stats tracking is nice too.

In my Syncro:

Speedline 9032ls
Speedline 9032ti 14.5* Hybrid
Idea A1 17* 3Hybrid mx-25 3-PW vr 52.10 sm56.10 & sm60.04 Studio Select Squareback 1

Note: This thread is 4576 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!