IGNORED

Biking with golf clubs?

golfaddiction
Note: This thread is 5401 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

My car is in the shop but I really need to get to the course this weekend. A taxi would be about 20 dollars each way, which triples the cost of the round.

Has anyone ever ridden a bike with golf clubs? My bag has two straps so it's kind of like a back-pack. The course is about 2 miles away.

Ive thought of this as well. I only live about two miles from the course I play. Im sure it wouldnt be that bad. Id say just put your rain cover on tight so as to kind of hold the clubs steady. If you do it, let us know how much of a PITA it was!

In my bag:

R9
Burner 3w
Burner 5w Burner Plus 4I-SW 60* LW, 52* GW Rossa Spider putter

I think you should look at packing three clubs and some balls. Maybe four. You should be able to sling them somehow over your back. Take a rope and make a loop around the heads and then tie them to the end of the clubs. Something like that.

Driver: GigaGolf Verve 17 10.5°
Woods: Gigagolf X2 Fairway 3 Wood, Orlimar Trimetal 19°
Hybrids: Gigagolf Cloud Nine 4
Irons: Gigagolf Cloud Nine Series
Wedge: Gigagolf SGS Black 52° & 58°

Putter: Ping Pal 2i Isopur

Shoes: Adidas

Ball: Titleist NXT

It's a short course so I definitely don't need my 3 wood, and could probably do without my odd irons. Roping them together seems like a good idea, and there's quite a lot of other crap in the bag I could remove.

I would leave the bag... And you better post pics!

Driver: GigaGolf Verve 17 10.5°
Woods: Gigagolf X2 Fairway 3 Wood, Orlimar Trimetal 19°
Hybrids: Gigagolf Cloud Nine 4
Irons: Gigagolf Cloud Nine Series
Wedge: Gigagolf SGS Black 52° & 58°

Putter: Ping Pal 2i Isopur

Shoes: Adidas

Ball: Titleist NXT

I've thought of this myself for a motorcycle. You would think someone or a company could come up with a rack of some sort to haul clubs on bikes. Maybe a rack that comes with a small light weight bag for say 10 clubs and a few balls?
A challange for you engineers out there. Might make you rich!!

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Back when I was a kid, I did it all the time. I actually pulled a pull cart behind my bike. About 5 miles to the local muni. It was either that or walk, or not play......

I think with a light bag and a little care, it could be done, assuming a relatively quiet route.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

You gave me an idea David. An attachment to mount from the bike to the pull cart. That would be fairly simple to make at home if you have some tinkering skills.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

You gave me an idea David. An attachment to mount from the bike to the pull cart. That would be fairly simple to make at home if you have some tinkering skills.

That would be extremely easy!

You're all nerds. Don't you know you're supposed to ride no-handed and bearhug your bag the whole way. The veterans can carry a staff bag in such a manner.

seriously though, 2 miles?...Bike to the course and ride the cart back to your house to get your clubs.

Ben Hogan is my swing coach.

Driver: Burner TP
3 & 5 Woods: No-name
3H:No-name4i-PW: MP-32...unapologetically...You should try blades, too56*: CG12Putter: Spider

I see people in NYC bike with their clubs often although mostly to the range. They use the 3 club bag that slings over the shoulder. I personally use electrical tape and wrap it around my clubs parallel to the top tube that goes parallel with the ground. Less obstruction.

In Central Park, alot of people bike with their kid or kids in tow. The tow attachment will fit a set of clubs but a couple of big bumps and I see the bag falling out. If you can figure a way around that, you can probably find one of those attachments on craigslist. If people pull their kids around the park loop, and certain parts are hilly, you can certainly pull a set of clubs to the course.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

I used to ride more than 60 miles with clubs on my back on a motorcycle in Florida a few years ago. You have to put the Izzo straps real tight and put extra balls in the bag to help weight down the bottom of the bag... and you have to put the rain cover on.

My swing thoughts:

- Negative thinking hurts more than negative swinging.
- I let my swing balance me.
- Full extension back and through to the target. - I swing under not around my body. - My club must not twist in my swing. - Keep a soft left knee

Last time my car was in the shop I rode my bicycle with a full set of clubs to the course. It was a two-shoulder bag like you are talking about.

Just make sure you put the rain cover on so you know the clubs won't shake loose and remember that you are a lot wider with the bag than you normally are when riding a bike. I really had to look out to make sure I didn't get snagged by coming too close to telephone poles, etc.

45 minute ride. Overall it was easier than I thought it would be. It helped that I have a bike with low gears to go uphill.

45 minute ride. Overall it was easier than I thought it would be. It helped that I have a bike with low gears to go uphill.

Thank the gods for granny gears.

Steve

Kill slow play. Allow walking. Reduce ineffective golf instruction. Use environmentally friendly course maintenance.

Saw this on TGW the other day and this thread reminded me of it...

http://www.tgw.com/customer/category...EGORY_ID=13118

WITB
Driver: Ping G425 - Aldila Rogue White
3 Wood: Nike SQ Dymo 
Hybrid: TaylorMade SLDR
Irons: Ping i525 Retro Spec
Wedges: Cleveland 588 (52,56,60)
Putter: Never Compromise Gamble Limited Custom

Balls: Titleist ProV1

Saw this on TGW the other day and this thread reminded me of it...

thats actually pretty awesome

In my TMX stand bag:

R580XD 10.5* Stiff
'07 Burner 5 Wood 18*
'09 Burner Rescue Hybrid #3 19* Stiff 3dx Ironwood #4 Stiff Idea Tech OS 5-PW Vokey SM 52*-08 CG11 SM 58*-08 White Hot XG #2 33.5"

I use the Wellzher Sunday bag for riding my bike.

It comes with a single strap but I use the double straps from my regular bag.

Single strap is probably ok too, but I prefer the double.

I carry 11 clubs.

Been playing just a few months but I play almost every day.

What's in my bag: Distance Master Driver, Maltby Trouble Out woods/hybrids, Maltby KE4 Irons (all assembled by me so I can never blame my equipment).

Note: This thread is 5401 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!