IGNORED

Hitting Irons 20+ yards left, need help

Note: This thread is 5402 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have only been playing about 3 months but I just can not fix this problem. I hit 90% of my iron shots straight left and most of my driver/fairway and hybrid shots straight with a very slight fade.

Yesterday I played 18 on a tough coarse and hit every single fairway off the Tee but one and it was close. I then only 3 putted 3 holes and the rest of my ugly 108 score came from losing balls from my UGLY left shot with my irons. Sometimes they will go 60+ yards straight left and I cant tell you how many I lost yesterday.

At times, I can hit my wedges pretty straight but anything under an 8 iron. I have went to the ranges for weeks now trying to fix this. I paid for 5 lessons from a Pro to try to fix this although he always cancels or makes up an excuse why he cant make this weeks lesson. I told him what I want to fix and the first thing he does is strenghten my grip to where I can only see one knuckle and opens my stance which needed to be opened but now my lefties are so bad that I may start chipping and pitching with a wood! I am kidding of course but I need help.

Sometimes they curve a little but it is mostly straight left and I just find it very strange I can hit my driver woods and hybrids so straight and have this problem with irons. Thanks for any help.

Might be standing too close with a strong grip and coming over the top. When I start pulling short clubs I'm almost always standing too close. On the longer clubs you naturally stand farther away which might be why you hit those well.

Driver: Callaway X460 Tour
3 Wood: Callaway X
Hybrid: Adams A3
Irons: X20 Tour 4-PW
Wedges: X-Forged 50, 54 & 58

Try the following:

1) check the distance your arms hang from your body, sometimes if its too close it will cause you to pull your shots, your arms should dangle one open hand distance from your body. You can try holding your arms farther out, this will automatically prevent a pull shot and the ball will start going right.

2) check your backswing and make sure that your rear should is slightly lower than your front shoulder and remember to keep the shaft of the club in line with the target on the take away and the toe pointing up and keep your left arm straight on the backswing and make sure that the club does not go pass parallal.

3) check your grip and grip pressure and make sure that your right hand is not too dominate on your downswing so that it pull across your swing plane.

4) make sure that your swing plane is correct and have someone stand behind you too watch

I sometime have pull shots and the above 4 items help correct my pull shots,
hope it helps yours.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Note: This thread is 5402 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!