IGNORED

GPS Golf Shot from V.W. - Any Experiences?

Note: This thread is 5013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I will be getting the enV3 Verizon Wireless Cell Phone in a week or two, and I saw this application avb. for it. I was wondering if anyone had any experience with it...they offer very limited information on their website. I have no clue whether or not the courses I play will even be on there, and how it works, terrible information on their site.

http://www.gpsgolfshot.com/index.html

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

I saw it on the commercial and looked it up. It looks like it only gives distances to the front, center, and rear of the green. That is fine and dandy, but it would be a lot better to also get distances to hazards. I'm starting to jones for an iphone even though we're with Verizon. They have some proven gps golf apps on there, and that would reduce my Christmas list by one very expensive item.

Ben Hogan is my swing coach.

Driver: Burner TP
3 & 5 Woods: No-name
3H:No-name4i-PW: MP-32...unapologetically...You should try blades, too56*: CG12Putter: Spider

I saw it on the commercial and looked it up. It looks like it only gives distances to the front, center, and rear of the green. That is fine and dandy, but it would be a lot better to also get distances to hazards. I'm starting to jones for an iphone even though we're with Verizon. They have some proven gps golf apps on there, and that would reduce my Christmas list by one very expensive item.

Yeah, hazards and bunkers, etc. would be great, but all I REALLY want it for is front, center, back so I don't have to always walk everything off...

I was just wondering if A. It was accurate, and B. Just overall how it worked. Hopefully someone can give me some extended info.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

Yeah I use it on my Env2. It does the yardages to front back and center. You can also measure your drives with it. Its very accurate. I would definitely recommend as a cheap and easy alternative to a range finder. Its is a good thing to at least try out for the price. I think its like 3 bucks a month to have so not a big commitment. I use it all the time. You just start the program it confirms with you what course your on, then tell it what hole. Then it pops up the yardage simple as anything.

In my Sun Mountain MPB bag:
Burner 07 9.5w/ Prolaunch Red
SZ Fairway Woods 4+ and 7
Rescue TP 3 hybrid
200 series irons 4-pwcg11 wedges 52*,56*,60*White Hot 2-BallDT RollHome Course: www.bodegaharbourgolf.com/

Yeah I use it on my Env2. It does the yardages to front back and center. You can also measure your drives with it. Its very accurate. I would definitely recommend as a cheap and easy alternative to a range finder. Its is a good thing to at least try out for the price. I think its like 3 bucks a month to have so not a big commitment. I use it all the time. You just start the program it confirms with you what course your on, then tell it what hole. Then it pops up the yardage simple as anything.

Sounds sweet... so there is no need to even download anything from your PC?

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

There is also download charge for courses if you don't already have that feature. I'm going to give it a try on my LG Dare.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

There is also download charge for courses if you don't already have that feature. I'm going to give it a try on my LG Dare.

It didnt charge me anything. All the courses were already there. Its kinda weird. When you start it up, it gives you a list of all the courses that are in a 5 mile radius and then you pick where you are and what hole. Then it does the rest.

In my Sun Mountain MPB bag:
Burner 07 9.5w/ Prolaunch Red
SZ Fairway Woods 4+ and 7
Rescue TP 3 hybrid
200 series irons 4-pwcg11 wedges 52*,56*,60*White Hot 2-BallDT RollHome Course: www.bodegaharbourgolf.com/

It didnt charge me anything. All the courses were already there. Its kinda weird. When you start it up, it gives you a list of all the courses that are in a 5 mile radius and then you pick where you are and what hole. Then it does the rest.

Wow - it sounds like exactly what I'm looking for - simple, cheap, and easy-to-use.

Would you suggest I pay monthly, or yearly? I live in NJ so I'm thinking monthly since 3-4 months out of the year I can't play with the weather.

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW

That's awesome, I didn't know there were yardage applications for smartphones ...

I am with Verizon, but I have a blackberry. Are there GPS blackberry applications for golf?

Callaway X-18 Irons | TaylorMade R5 Driver, 200 Steel 3 Wood | Cleveland Golf CG-14 Gap & Sand Wedge | Titleist Vokey Lob Wedge | Odyssey White Hot Putter | Titleist ProV1 Ball | Bushnell Pro 1600 Tournament Edition Laser Rangefinder

My buddy has an iphone and the app seems to work ok for front center and back. The only downside is it goes as your phone goes so if you play your home course all the time get great reception it works fine. If you go to an unknown course and your signal is weak it either won't give you any yardages or they will just be all over the place.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

I suppose it is not bad as it is only 34.99 for a year long subsription, and the average golf gps is at least $300.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

That's awesome, I didn't know there were yardage applications for smartphones ...

For this application, no or not yet. check it out: http://products.vzw.com/index.aspx?i...appId=26587363

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

• 1 month later...
I have a BB Storm and have been using Greenfinder ($35/yr) for about 2 months. It shows Front/Middle/Back; Hazards with good accuracy. Thousands of courses are pre-
plotted and the closest will automatically be listed when the app. is activated. I requested a course that was not listed and it was available 2 days later.
My playing partner has an iPhone with the Golfshot app that he has used for only two weeks. It has a nice interface and keeps score for a foresome; as well as showing Front/Middle/Back; Hazards with good accuracy. This app is also $35/year. The iPhone app takes longer to load and is slower at recalculating distances, but that won't be a deal breaker if they offer this app for the BB.

Ping G2, 15.5*, Reg - Driver
Dunlop Offset, 13* - 3 Wood
Cleveland HiBore Irons – 3/PW
Goldwin 50* PW
Goldwin 55* SW
Cleveland 60* LW
Noodle+ Long & Soft

• 1 month later...
I started using the GPSGolfShot application on my new Verizon LG Versa today. It was very useful and definitely guided my club selections. I was particularly happy that it did not run down the battery on the Versa; I still had two battery bars left at the end of the round. It is very simple and trouble free.

The screen was fairly readable out in the daylight, although sometimes I had to cup my hand around the unit to read the yardages; the spoken yardage is only for the center of the green.

At times it would automatically go to the next hole (and audibly announce that), but most of the time I had to choose the next hole. Is it supposed to automatically advance to the next hole?

Anyway, I like it and am glad I got it.

John Hanley
Sugar Land, TX
Driver: Pinemeadow ZR-1 460cc 10.5 degree; senior flex graphite shaft;
6-PW: ProStaff Oversize; graphite (about 13 years old);
Adams Tight Lies fairway woods.

Cleveland CG14 56° sand wedge

Zebra 395gm Mallet putter

awesome to hear !

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

• 9 months later...

Not sure if you've gotten a GPS unit at this point, but Verizon just opened up for GPS Golfo Shot for Blackberries - used it on my Curve this wkend! Pretty no frills, but really accurate yardage, and battery lasted entire round!

I started using the GPSGolfShot application on my new Verizon LG Versa today. It was very useful and definitely guided my club selections. I was particularly happy that it did not run down the battery on the Versa; I still had two battery bars left at the end of the round. It is very simple and trouble free.

Weird - they must have improved their software - when I used it this wkend, only had to manually change holes once! Love how quickly this stuff gets addressed.

Wow - it sounds like exactly what I'm looking for - simple, cheap, and easy-to-use.

If you do the math, 9 months is about break-even... but whenever i do this, i usually end up forgetting to cancel - so i end up paying more! so i just pay for th eyear and don't worry about it...

Note: This thread is 5013 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!