IGNORED

Things you must have in your bag, or atleast say you do

cheffdiddy_45
Note: This thread is 5546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

One of my favorite things of reading Golf Digest is when they do whats in the pros bag, and seeing the stuff they have to have in theyre bag while theyre playing golf. I HAVE to HAVE all 3 of my florida gator mascot tees, quite great they are, you can tee the ball up on the gators head, ill never use them, and i know theyre in there, but i have to check if theyre in the bag before i head off to the course for the day. some things are just needed or smart to have on hand for those long grueling days on the course, but i was wondering, what items are in your bag, that are probably not in any other persons bag that you just have to have in there.

thanks, and look forward to seeing some interesting things.

I've got a cheap divot repair tool that I picked up at the 1998 US Open at Olympic that I HAVE to have every time I go out. It's the only one I use. I've got some novelty souvenir lost golf ball whistle (that doesn't make any sound at all) that's been attached to my bag for five years. And every time I get a new towel, I throw out the annoying metal clip that comes with it _it always comes undone) and use one of those silver little chains like the ones that you use to attach a tag to your luggage.

"I played like shit." -Greg Norman after the '96 Masters.

any divot tool because its the first thing i forget to take out of my pocket at the end of the round

Driver-Wilson Deep Red II .428 shaft (stiff)
3 Wood-Mizuno T-Zoid Blue Rage (stiff)
5 wood-Mizuno T-Zoid Blue Rage (stiff)
3 Iron Hybrid- Wilson fat shaft(17*)
4 Iron Hybrid- Wilson fat shaft(21*)5-PW-Wilson fat shaft52-56-68 Degree wedges- Wilson HarmonizedPutter- Top Flite Mallet

• Administrator

I don't think I have anything unusual in my golf bag. A rule book, perhaps, since very few people actually seem to carry them.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

A rule book in my bag too, just in case.

I don't carry anything in my bag that is real odd at all I guess. One thing I HAVE to have is the same divot tool in my right hand front pocket along with 1 tee, an extra ball and 1 coin to mark my ball, nothing else in any other pocket what so ever. I don't know how this started but if I'm wearing cargo shorts and later find that I've got something in one of my pockets I have to instantly rid myself of it and curse at any bogey I may have made that day because it's the dang item in my pocket that caused it!
"You lick the lollipop of mediocrity once and you'll suck forever."

HiBORE XLS 9.5* Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | HiBORE XLS 15* 3w Fujikura Fit On (Gold) (s) shaft | 585h 21* | MP 57 4-pw w/Dynamic Gold s-300 shaft | 53* 56* Rac Chrome 60* Rac Satin | Monza Corza DB 35" | Tour ix
Home...

I play out of two different bags right now with two different sets of clubs. I have a lightweight Ping bag with TA EVO-31 blades for walking a short 9 hole course by my office and a heavier Titleist stand bag with Titleist DCI 990's for when I am playing for serious money ($0.25 per hole) scats. As far as in the bag, my special towel goes back and forth between the bags, but I have different tools in each bag. I really need help developing some superstitions like most good golfers have. I feel the lack of them is hurting my game improvement...

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

Not necessarily in my bag, but whenever I putt, I always have my putter cover (I have a Cameron Pro Platinum) stuck in my back left pocket (sorta like stashing a gun in my back pocket) so that when I'm done putting, I just pull it out and put it right back on the putter and off I go.
In My Bag:
Driver: Titleist 983K 9.5°, Harmon HTD CB-65R
3-Wood: Mizuno MP-001, 13°, Harrison Striper Titanium
Hybrid 1: TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP, 16°
Hybrid 2: TaylorMade Rescue Mid TP, 19°Irons: Ping S59 Tour 4-PWWedges: Mizuno Black Nickel 51.06 / Cleveland Black Pearl 58.08Putter:...

Protection in case one of those caddies from that otherr thread show up . I usually carry ibuprofin and tape, and the memorial card from my mothers funeral. I get dry skin that cracks, no blisters. Otherwise pretty standard, balls, tees, a couple of extra gloves and a sharpie.

1W Cleveland LauncherComp 10.5, 3W Touredge Exotics 15 deg.,FY Wilson 19.5 degree
4 and 5H, 6I-GW Callaway Razr, SW, LW Cleveland Cg-14, Putter Taylor Made Suzuka, Ball, Srixon XV Yellow

My Bushnell range finder and ost of my worldly possesions.My carry bag weighs in at 53lbs all told so I have everything that could I could ever need short of snake bite kit.And by the way there are no snakes on Long Island except the 2 legged kind.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

53#'s! Whew, that is a lot to lug around. I go the other way. I have pared my carry bag down to as little weight as possible. 1 Divot tool, 6 tees, 6 balls, a roll of tape, small bottle of meds (aspirin etc). No umbrella, no rainsuit, one towel, that's it. I got one of the really lightweight Ping bags (3.5#). It gets blazing hot here, so every ounce counts when you are playing at 99 degrees with 95% humidity.

Roy McEvoy is my hero.

In My bag
TM Burner 9.5 S Flex

Wilson Invex Strong 3 and 5 wood

Maxfli Revolution 3-PW Irons

Cleveland 54/60 wedges

Odessey XG #7 Putter

Nothing unusual, but I always have to have more than one golf glove in my bag. Just in case one gets wet or starts to wear too much.

Driver: 907 D2 10.5 - Diamana Blue 65 Shaft
3-Wood: 906 F4 15.5 - Graphite Design YS-6+ Shaft
5-Wood: 906 F4 18.5 - Diamana Blue 75 Shaft
Irons: Rac TP CB Irons; 5.0 Flighted Rifle Shafts, 1 degree flat.
Wedges: Rac TP Black 52:08; 56:12Putter: Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 - 35"B...

Nothing too odd here either. It always seems like there is too much in there. I seem to find more balls than I lose so they start to pile up. I also have way too many tees.

I usually cary my bag so I try to keep it light. Maybe 6-12 balls. I keep them sepparated in ziplock bags by type. I have Bigger bags in my truck divided the same way. I even take some clubs out of the bag depending on the course. Usually my 3 and 4 iron. I nver hit them anyway now that I have the 3 Hybrid.

2 towels: 2002 US Amateur and 2004 Ryder Cup. Both were played at Oakland Hills and I was lucky enough to go.

2 regular gloves and 1 pair cold weather

Bug Spray

Coppertone Sport Dry Spray SPF 15

Umbrella (This stays in the truck on hot days)

Pencils

Score Cards from the two courses I play most often. You never know when you will be in a rush and head out without one.

2 Quarters: 1994 and 1998 the years my sons were born.

Callaway Divot Tool. It holds a quarter.

Titleist Winter Hat. If I take it out, I won't remember to put it back when the weather turns cold again. We play early on Sundays and come late September it can get in the low 40's when we tee off. We try to play into December, but in Michigan you never know.
Driver: 9.5° 905R Stiff Aldila NV 65
3 Wood: 15.° Pro Trajectory 906F4 Stiff Aldila VS Proto Blue
Hybrid: 19.0° 503 H Stiff Dynamic Gold S400
Hybrid: 21.0° Edge C.F.T. Ti Stiff Aldila NVS
Irons: 775cb 4-GW w/S300 Sand Wedge: Vokey 58° Puttter: Laguna Mid-Slant Pro PlatinumBall: ProV1Bag: Li...

nothing too out of the ordinary here...maybe 5 balls, 2 bags of tees (the 15 packs of 3 1/4 inch kind), 2 towels that i got for free (that way i dont care if they get extremely dirty), a brush to clean the clubs, a rule book and a dumbed-down version of the rule book (comes in handy for college golf tournements...or playing with idiots ) two pens, three sharpies in different colors, my keys, phone and wallet, a badge from my Dad's firefighter uniform, and i think that about sums it up...my clubs too, but thats not supposed to be much of a suprise

Oh yea, and i have a hat...haha this is rediculous...i have a hat that is from the Air Force academy where one of my best friends is...and on the back it says "Fightin' Faloons" instead of "Fightin' Falcons"...we found the misprint ion the store and i had to have it...its embroided like that and every time i play golf i NEED to wear it...

i guess thats it...

In My Bag:
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Ti 454 9*
3 wood: Taylor Made 300 series
5 wood: Orlimar trimetal
Irons: Taylor Made 360 seriesWedges: Cleveland 56*, Tommy Armor 60*Putter: Carbite center shaft

Alls I need is: 1 Towel, extra pair of sox, Marker to mark balls I find, Spair pencil, and Crackers for a little snack so i dont have to buy expensive food from the golf shop. I walk so I don't bring alot so my bag doesnt way but around 12 pounds if that my clubs total way nice pounds bag like one and like 10 golf balls.

An insulated cooler sleeve for, um... beverages.

I thought I was the only one that had to have his own "coolie" I have had it since I started playing golf 2.5 years ago.. it has to go with me no matter what, dont know why really dont use it here in germany but I know it there..

extra socks- my fellow players thought I was nuty untill they had wet socks hating life in the club house while I sat there with dry socks.. other then that bug spray, my lucky glove (given to me by SG a TM staff player) which I never use of course, contact stuff, sunglasses, brush for clubs, second towel for my face.. I think that is about it.. oh ya chapstick.. cant forget that..

Driver: Taylor Made R7 425 9.5° TP Stiff
Fairway: Taylor Made V-Steel #3 w/Fujikura Rombax Stiff
Irons: Taylor Made rac LT 4-PW shaft; Rifle Flighted 6.0
Wedges: Tayor Made rac 52° 56° 60°Utility: Taylor Made Rescue TP #3 (Aldila NV Hybid 85g Stiff)Putter: Scotty...

I make sure I have my "Super Mex" divot tool with magnetic marker. I think I carry way too many markers in my bag. I use a 50 cent JFK coin..but sometimes this one dollar slot chip..depends on the mood I guess.

Note: This thread is 5546 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!