IGNORED

Best Ball for Mid, Mid-High Handicappers

Note: This thread is 2923 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

This has probably been discussed....I tried searching a few different times, with no luck.

What do you think is a good ball - performance and price - for a 15 Handicapper?

I'm not a long ball hitter and would like distance and some feel around the greens?

Best 3 piece ball that doesn't cost $45???

Many questions, look forward to your opinons!

Thanks!!
In My Datrek Bag:

Driver: R9-460 9.5°
Woods: Burner 15°
Hybrids: Burner 3,4,5Irons: G10 Gap - 5 ironWedges: cg15: chrome, 56° 60°Putter: Studio Newport 2GPS Unit: Push Cart: 2.0

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bridgestone e6+

Srixon TriSpeed

Srixon Soft Feel (2-piece ball)

Nike Power Distrance Soft (2-piece ball)

All of these are supposed to help with distance, while keeping feel around the greens.

I've played with all but the TriSpeed so far, and I would say the Bridgestones are my favorite, then the Srixon Soft Feel, then the Nikes.

In my X-Series Bag:

Driver G10 10.5*
Woods V-Steel 3W, 5W
Hybrids Pinemeadow ZR1 19* 3HIrons MX-19 4-GWWedge MP-R Black Nickel 54/10Putter Rossa Sebring AGSI+

Precept Lady
Wilson Gamer
I would not spend more than $20 for golf balls

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

A friend of mine uses Strata - affordable, don't remember the price...3-piece ball.

Any thoughts on that one?

I appreciate everyone's thoughts!

Have a good day!
In My Datrek Bag:

Driver: R9-460 9.5°
Woods: Burner 15°
Hybrids: Burner 3,4,5Irons: G10 Gap - 5 ironWedges: cg15: chrome, 56° 60°Putter: Studio Newport 2GPS Unit: Push Cart: 2.0

how about pro v1 refurbs their 20 bucks at target.

My bag
R7 Draw Driver 9.0
Northwestern 3 wood
Texan 3/4 Hybrid 21 Degrees
Big Bertha 04 5-9 Irons Burner XD Wedges AW,SW,LW DFX 3300 Pro V1 & ProV1x Refurbs

I think the above poster meant

Precept *Laddie
*Top Flite Gamer

Others I've heard recommended but have no experience with:

Pinnacle Exception
Dunlop 65u
Maxfli Revolution Ext

Been playing just a few months but I play almost every day.

What's in my bag: Distance Master Driver, Maltby Trouble Out woods/hybrids, Maltby KE4 Irons (all assembled by me so I can never blame my equipment).

On a good day, I'll play to an upper teen handicap, and I like to play Titleist NXT Tours. I think the MSRP is somewhere around $30, but I bought 3 doz. recycled ones for $17 and so far they're fine.
Driver: Cobra Speed Pro S X/10.5*
3W: TaylorMade Rescue
Irons: Adams Ovation 3 (4-LW)
Putter: Ping Zing 2i
Ball: Noodle + Long & SoftGlove: FootJoy SofJoyShoes: FootJoy GreenJoyShort term goals:Break 92 for 18 holesShoot 5 pars or better in one round.

Top-Flite Gamer
Best $20/dozen golf balls hands down.
The lettering is ugly as sin but the ball is great in terms of performance - add in the price and it is fantastic.
IN MY BAG:
Driver - FT-5 9* Aldila MOI Proto S-flex
3W - 200 Steel Fujikura Speeder 757 S-flex
Hybrid - 22* Burner Rescue Aldila NV Hybrid S-flex
Irons - 4-PW 755 TriSpec S-flexWedges - X-Tour Vintage SW 588 gunmetal LWPutter - Natalie 34"Ball - TP Red

Precept Laddie X

By ...................... about a million miles.

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

In the last two days I picked up the Nike Power Distance Soft and Srixon AD333, both very good 2-piece IMHO and priced down to $12 and $12.5 respectfully. I lose about a ball per round plus I supply my son so I look for value.

"You can live to be a hundred if you give up all the things that make you want to live to be a hundred." Woody Allen
My regular pasture.

I tried a few balls and was impressed by the Srixon "soft feel".

The owner of my local golf shop was raving about them and convinced me to try them. Great durability, good feel and decent distance. $20 and it came with a free Srixon Towel.

http://www.srixon.com/balls_softfeel.html

To be fair I haven't tried the "gamer" yet but I have heard good things about that ball too.

Women's A30S Integrated Set (Driver, Irons, Bag)
Fairway Woods: SQ 3,5
Wedge: cg14 60 degree
Putter: Always changing
Ball: Ladies or ProV1Cart: 2.0

The callaway hx balls at walmart are good, they're about $20 a dozen, I even saw refubished ones on the walmart website for $18.88 for 30. And for pure value the intech beta ti balls are $10 for 24 brand new and they perform much better than you'd think for such an inexpensive ball. Theyre pretty much what i use most of the time as I'll still lose a few balls and losing a 45-50 cent ball doesnt feel as bad as losing a more expensive ball.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

I'm starting to think more about what golf ball I want to use. Think I'm going to get a few different mixed bags of use balls from ebay (Nikes, Titleist, Srixon, Bridgestone etc) and see from there which I like the best then move on to new balls when I make my choice.
In my bag

Superstrong 12*
- Firepower Hyper Ti 15*
- Launcher 18* Hybrid - 21* Hybrid - S2 Max 5i - SW - MP T-Series 47* - 60* LW - White Hot XG #1

Top Flite Gamer
Srixon AD 333
Bridgestone e series

HiBore XLS Tour 9.5*
Adams Fast10 15* 3W
A2OS 3H-7iron 60* LW
8iron Precept Tour Premium cb
9iron and 45* PW 50* GW 56* SW m565 and 455 VfoilPutter Anser Belly Putter Ball in order of preference TPblack e5 V2  AD333

Note: This thread is 2923 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!