IGNORED

Wearing Two Gloves

Note: This thread is 4011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Does anybody at any time wear two golf gloves?

Sometimes I wear two when practicing or if I have been playing like 4 days in a row and have been hitting numerous balls in a short period of time. I was just curious to see if anyone else does the same or If I'm just kinda weird.

"The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde

Only the winterized gloves in colder weather near the end of the season.

9.5º TaylorMade R9 TP VooDoo XNV6 | TaylorMade R9 TP 13º 3W & 19º 5W Both with Fujikura Motore F1 85 | Mizuno MP-57 DG X-100 (3-PW) | Titleist Vokey 52º, 56º, 60º | 34'' Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 | The Cardinal Club [73.9/135]

Have always wanted to since doing it on Tiger Woods PGA Tour '05. Haha

Nike Bag
Cobra 3 Wood Driver
Dunlop Reaction Dual Metal Woods
Wilson Fatshaft Tour Cast Irons
Dunlop Reaction P Tour Cast S WedgesDunlop Vista Model 4 putterHopefully new irons soon

Actually I do wear gloves on both hands for all full swing shots. My reason is arthritis in the fingers of both of my hands, so keeping the glove on the right hand as well as the left helps dampen the vibration and reduces soreness. Another thing that has helped me this year on this is getting oversized grips on my clubs; I can pretty much play 18 now without wincing during the last few holes. I take the gloves off for chipping and putting. It is a bit of a nuisance with the extra glove, but worth it to me to minimize the soreness.

John Hanley
Sugar Land, TX
Driver: Pinemeadow ZR-1 460cc 10.5 degree; senior flex graphite shaft;
6-PW: ProStaff Oversize; graphite (about 13 years old);
Adams Tight Lies fairway woods.

Cleveland CG14 56° sand wedge

Zebra 395gm Mallet putter

I never have, but if I said I'd never considered it, I'd be lying. I've thought about it on the really hot days when I'm sweating like crazy.

To be 100% honest, I've thought about ditching golf gloves in favor of some good batting gloves. They're so much tackier, and it seems like they'd make a difference. Why dont golf gloves have the tackiness that batting gloves do? And has anyone else ever thought about this?? I kinda thought I was out of my mind until a good buddy of mine told me he had thought about it before too.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

As mentioned... two regular gloves on cold days (someone once gave me a dozen right-hand gloves they had inadvertently bought on Ebay.)

RC

I never have, but if I said I'd never considered it, I'd be lying. I've thought about it on the really hot days when I'm sweating like crazy.

I have thought the exact same thing about batting gloves, but I always figured that there was a reason that golf gloves were different.

"The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde

I have thought the exact same thing about batting gloves, but I always figured that there was a reason that golf gloves were different.

LOL, I'll try it if you try it!!!

Can anyone answer that?? Is there any reason why golf gloves arent more like batting gloves? If I remember correctly, the Easton gloves I wore way back were made of cabretta, like golf gloves are, but out of the box, they had a lot more tack to them. That was before pine tar got involved too. It seems like it would make sense...

-  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

I would definitely like to try it but I dont think I want other golfers to see me wearing them lol

dont wear a glove at all
GP NEw Decade's get better, the hotter it is out....they really get tacky

although i DO carry a set of TayloMade Rain gloves, incase i get caught in the rain in a tourney
still brand new though
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

I how often wondered the same question. I played alot of baseball and thought about using golf gloves all the time. Right now I'm using one of the cheap intec cabertta leather gloves, hey there only 4.99. After playing a round of 9 holes sometimes 18 a day after awhile my hands get beat up. and at the driving range. Its not near as bad when I played baseball. But I often wondered if wearing two gloves would at least help my other hand. Do you lose feel? I'm not really sure if I should. What do you think?
Currently In My Bag: Driver- Taylor Made 300 Ti 9.5 Degree Stiff Flex; Woods - None Currently In The Bag; Irons - Titleist DCI 990 Irons (3-PW) Stiff Flex Steel; Wedge - Macgregor VIP Tourney Foil 60 Degree Lob Wedge; Putter - Taylor Made Rossa CGB Daytona 1 34" Length

I how often wondered the same question. I played alot of baseball and thought about using golf gloves all the time. Right now I'm using one of the cheap intec cabertta leather gloves, hey there only 4.99. After playing a round of 9 holes sometimes 18 a day after awhile my hands get beat up. and at the driving range. Its not near as bad when I played baseball. But I often wondered if wearing two gloves would at least help my other hand. Do you lose feel? I'm not really sure if I should. What do you think?

I'm currently using 2 FJ golf gloves and I haven't lost much if any feel. I've found that it does help with the wear and tear on my right hand though.

• Administrator
dont wear a glove at all

Ditto, except my rain gloves are FJ. And I have a Nike pair in my backup bag.

No gloves here. Though I wish I had a pair of cart mittens from time to time.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Only wore two with my FJ rain gloves and it felt odd. The most I will do is run some sports tape on my right hand ring finger between the knuckles. Reminds me to grip softly and keeps the blisters if I'm playing back to back.

In my: Stand Bag

Driver Hibore XL 10.5 Stiff Red
3W Burner 15* Stff
3h Heavenwood 20* 4-PW - X-22 Tour w/ Project X 6.0GW 52*, SW 56*, LW 60* CG-14 Black PearlPutter White Hot #2Ball Z-URC

Yeah Tommy was born in my hometown and there always seems to be stories about his great rounds around here. But yeah he wears two gloves all the time, even when putting. Its crazy!

I did forget that part - I dont wear gloves when putting or taking shots with any wedge, and sometimes 9i as well.

And I do have the GP New Decades on my irons, but like I said before, I sweat a good bit, and I pretty much have to have a glove on, or else I might end up killing a squirrel in a tree when the club slips out of my hands!

-  -  - 

Note: This thread is 4011 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!