IGNORED

How do you mark your ball for identification?

SergioFan23
Note: This thread is 2926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Did a quick search and couldn't find anything.

Do you put any unique markings on your ball for easy identification?
Or do you like to play it nude?

I like to keep it simple with a black sharpie and mark 3 dots in a triangle shape, just to the right of the number.

The most interesting mark i've seen on a golf ball is two small marijuana leaves on both sides next to the number, and a nice '420' on the side. Found it in the deep rough.

Ever find any balls with unique markings?
The sticks:
Driver: r5 10.5° Stiff N
3 wood: 980f 15°
Irons: RAC OS 4-9
Wedges: 48° & 56°, SV 60°Putter: TracyBall: NXT Tour

I used to put the dots on, but i just make sure the guys i'm playing with aren't playing the same ball as me. i figure i shouldn't waste my time marking my whole collection when it's just as easy to pull out a callaway instead of a titleist if somebody else is playing one.

During my tournament yesterday, I was playing a Titleist 4, with a blue dot next to the number. My playing partner was using the same golf ball, with the SAME marking. So I put two more red dots on it to make sure it was distingushable from the others...

Driver Ping G10 10.5*
Hybrids Ping G5 (3) 19* Bridgestone J36 (4) 22*
Irons Mizuno MP-57 5-PW
Wedges Srixon WG-504 52.08 Bridgestone WC Copper 56.13
Putter 33" Scotty Cameron Studio Select #2

Look at my avatar....

My chix stix:

R7 Burner
Burner Woods and Hybrids
R7 CGB Max IronsKoa Wood

I put a huge red X on both sides of the ball. Yet somehow I've still had people hit my ball.

My mark is so large and so annoying that you'd have to be a complete fool to think your ball is mine. Yet at least once a month someone wanders over from the other fairway to where my ball is, and I see them whack it towards their hole.

G10 9* Stiff Shaft Driver
R7 Draw 3 Wood
Burner 3 hybrid
26* Baffler Hybrid 5H Stiff Shaft.
Rapture 6-SW (3-5 are retired in favor of hybrids) Vokey Spin Milled 60* Wedge Newport 2 Pinseeker 1600 + ViewTI GPS software for iPhone

I dot the eyes on all my Titleists.

My wife gave me some personalized balls that say "Mads' Dad" on them (Daughter's name is Madison). My favorite.

Kevin

-------
In the Bag
Driver: G15 9.0*3 & 5 Wood: BurnerHybrid: Pro Gold 20*; 23*Irons: MP-58 (5-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin Milled 52*8; 56*14Putter: Newport 2.0 33"Balls: NXT

Look at my avatar....

Do you do that with

every ball? I usually just put a few dots on it, usually around the logo.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

I color red the closest full dimple to the right of the brand name. Since my buddies and I discovered lostgolfballs.com we are all using pro V1s so we had to start marking marks.

The engineer in me makes sure I use a small mark that is down in the dimple so I'm unlikely to get any clubface contact to the marker ink. Wouldn't want to sacrifice any spin!

Driver: Callaway X460 Tour
3 Wood: Callaway X
Hybrid: Adams A3
Irons: X20 Tour 4-PW
Wedges: X-Forged 50, 54 & 58

a big blue cross

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

Since everyone else marks theirs i don't mark mine, that way I'm the only unmarked lol. Just kidding I usually just put an arrow down the seam or something.

stand bag:

Driver: DDH 10*
Woods: DDH 3W-15*, 5W-21*
Irons: DDH 3-SWWedge: VR LW 60*Putter: VSL

I do this on all of them.
Driver: Cobra Speed Pro S X/10.5*
3W: TaylorMade Rescue
Irons: Adams Ovation 3 (4-LW)
Putter: Ping Zing 2i
Ball: Noodle + Long & SoftGlove: FootJoy SofJoyShoes: FootJoy GreenJoyShort term goals:Break 92 for 18 holesShoot 5 pars or better in one round.

One blue dot to the upper right of the number, on each side.

Launcher 2009 10.5º, S
Rescue Dual 16º
Rescue Dual 19º
Maltby MTF 4-pw, Rifle 5.5
Maltby M-Series 52.6, 58.8 2008 AnserOut of the bag: Big Bertha Fusion 15º, YS6+ R (for sale or trade)

Did a quick search and couldn't find anything.

http://thesandtrap.com/forum/search.php?searchid=444210 Lol. But I mark it with a line that goes the whole way around, then I make the swoosh a smiley face :p

A quote from Kris
...is that college bball really isn't "lower tier". The better teams have their rosters filled with guys who could play in the NBA. hell, guys used to come straight from high school to the NBA. I really don't think there's much of a difference skill-wise between the two.

One blue dot to the upper right of the number, on each side.

I used to do the same thing but with a blue dot below the right of the number. I stopped doing this one round when I hit my provisional to a very similar spot to my original ball. I only found one ball but I didn't know if it was my first or second( I had just bought a new sleeve of balls so they were both the same brand and number). I had to play it as my provisional, which I am sure is not playing corectly

I probably should have gone back to the tee for my 5th but it made me be aware of what ball I am playing and how it is marked. Now before my round I mark my #1 ball with 1 dot my #2 with two and my #3 with three. After that i just take out whatever I have left in my bag.

R9 with 757 Speeder
mp 57 3-pw project x 6.0 flighted
Vokey* 56* 60*
Monza Corsa Putter

I just write "DO NOT PICK UP" with a red sharpie. The people that play at the muni tend to pick up a golf ball when its not their's without a second thought.

« Keith »

Note: This thread is 2926 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!