IGNORED

Product cycle- Ap 2-909 drivers

Note: This thread is 5386 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Alright I currently have some Fat shaft II distance irons and a Callaway steelhead 3 driver. I want to upgrade as they are getting old and the technology is a bit out of date. My main question is when do most new iron sets and drivers come out. I would like to get my stuff at the beginning of a product cycle instead of new ones coming out right after I drop 1500 dollars. Any help appreciated also what would you upgrade first.

• Administrator
I think you can answer that question by looking at Titleist's product cycle. I can't say more than to point out that they typically replace products every 18-24 months. The 909s came out last fall, and the irons last spring.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I just plunked down $2000 for the Titleist 909D3 driver, 909F2 fairway, 909H Hybrid, and of course the AP2 Irons.

This set should last me a few years!

Btw, awesome clubs, I'm very happy with them. Been playing Titleist clubs for over 10 years.

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha 10.5* 

3WD:  Callaway Big Bertha 15* / X2 Hot H4 Hybrid
Irons:  Callaway Apex 4-PW Project X 5.5 shafts

Wedges: Callaway MackDaddy 2  52/58
Putter: Odyessey Metal X Milled 1

I don't see the point in getting new stuff constantly. If something is outdated and/or doesn't feel right to you, then I totally see the point. But I will never go buy something I don't need just because it is new on the market. Heck, I have an 07 Burner that I love and I'm gonna use the thing till' the very damn end. I can't see it getting any better than that for me. However, my irons and putter are outdated knockoffs that were my grandpa's, and don't feel right to me at all, so I do need to upgrade there. But I'm gonna get fitted so I don't end up buying more and more in search of a good fit. But, to each their own, I guess if I had the money to spend I would look at this differently, but I love what I've got so far.

In my White/Red/Yellow Monza Featherweight Stand Bag:
Driver: 07 Burner 9.5* stiff
3 Wood: 07 Burner 15* stiff
5 Wood: 07 Burner 18* stiff
Irons 4-AW: r7 steel shaft stiffWedges: RAC Satin 56*, 60*Putter: Rossa Daytona 35 InchBall: Bridgestone e7+, Titleist Pro V1Shoes: D3000Glove: ...

I don't see the point in getting new stuff constantly. If something is outdated and/or doesn't feel right to you, then I totally see the point. But I will never go buy something I don't need just because it is new on the market. Heck, I have an 07 Burner that I love and I'm gonna use the thing till' the very damn end. I can't see it getting any better than that for me. However, my irons and putter are outdated knockoffs that were my grandpa's, and don't feel right to me at all, so I do need to upgrade there. But I'm gonna get fitted so I don't end up buying more and more in search of a good fit. But, to each their own, I guess if I had the money to spend I would look at this differently, but I love what I've got so far.

couldnt agree more

DriverMonster Hi-Bore XLS/w Mintsubishi Diamana Fit-On M Gold Stiff 55g
Woods906F4 3 Wood/w Aldila VS Proto Fairway Stiff 80g
Hybrid3dx red 20 and 23 degree
Irons3dx red 5-pw
Wedgesharmonized sand wedge 56 degree loft and harmonize lob wedge 60 degree loftPutterWhite Hot XG SabertoothBallNoddle or ...

Yup, once you've got the good stuff, why change it? If I average 3 yards more with something, it's not nessecarily better, just gets it 9 feet farther on average. So, why throw away another few hundred dollars for 9 feet? You're gonna be hitting the same 2nd shot anyway.

In my White/Red/Yellow Monza Featherweight Stand Bag:
Driver: 07 Burner 9.5* stiff
3 Wood: 07 Burner 15* stiff
5 Wood: 07 Burner 18* stiff
Irons 4-AW: r7 steel shaft stiffWedges: RAC Satin 56*, 60*Putter: Rossa Daytona 35 InchBall: Bridgestone e7+, Titleist Pro V1Shoes: D3000Glove: ...

Alright I currently have some Fat shaft II distance irons and a Callaway steelhead 3 driver. I want to upgrade as they are getting old and the technology is a bit out of date. My main question is when do most new iron sets and drivers come out. I would like to get my stuff at the beginning of a product cycle instead of new ones coming out right after I drop 1500 dollars. Any help appreciated also what would you upgrade first.

Titleist is releasing new irons this fall. They are making some slight changes to the current AP2 and re-releasing them. So if you are going to upgrade, I would buy a 909 driver now and wait for the irons to the fall

IF you must have the newest stuff on the market. If you like the current AP2's you can just get them now since the price has dropped a bit since they came out or wait until the new models come out and the price drops a lot more.

Driver: 910D3 - Oban Kiyoshi 75 X / 909D3 - Oban Devotion 7 X
3 Wood: R9 TP - Oban Devotion 8 05
Hybrid: 909H - Project X Graphite
Irons: 4-6 AP2 - Project X 6.5 / 7-W MB - Project X 6.5
Wedges: Scratch 1018 52/56/60 KBS Tour XPutter: SC Button Back Newport 34" / SC Del Mar 34" / SC SS Newport...

Note: This thread is 5386 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!