IGNORED

played my first round with my new irons

yahoossnake
Note: This thread is 5385 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Loved it so much had a few mis hits with them but those were when i was trying to hard and pulling my head up. also have a used driver on demo for the week a big Bertha with a stiff shaft. didnt do so good with the driver on the course but after words i hit the driving range and was hitting them tot he 260 flag and the driving range is on a hill side so could of easyly went 300 with a roll i think.
In My Callaway Stand Bag
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha titanium with stiff shaft
Irons : Callaway: x18r's + 1" on them :D

whats your guys i had mine tested today at a indoor golf simulator and my ball speed was about 150 to 157 the guy says that is very good for a newbie golfer like my self

So you flush your driver everytime for a smash factor of pretty much 1.5.

i was hitting mine about 175+ i dont try to swing to hard though cause when i do its 200 yards but in the woods or in the wrong fairway

You have a 100mph SS with your driver, but you some how manage 175+ yards with a 7 iron with ease.

Loved it so much had a few mis hits with them but those were when i was trying to hard and pulling my head up. also have a used driver on demo for the week a big Bertha with a stiff shaft. didnt do so good with the driver on the course but after words i hit the driving range and was hitting them tot he 260 flag and the driving range is on a hill side so could of easyly went 300 with a roll i think.

I can easily hit 300 at a golf range fairway since it rolls forever...

Enough with the BS, what do you get by trying to boost your ego on an online forum?

« Keith »

Chillax man, dudes just trying to put out some input on his game.

You should work on different parts of your game a different times. Once you really get the feel of your irons then you should start to work on your driving game. But good job man im glad you like the new irons and keep up the hard practice.

Bag- Orig. 14 Stadium Tour
Driver- R7 limited 9.5*
3 Wood- R7
5 Wood-Viper Tour
Irons- X18/X22 ToursWedges- 52*/ 56* SandPutter- Hamilton f2 series BladeBall- Pro V1Glove-

Chillax man, dudes just trying to put out some input on his game.

If he is putting some input on his game then do you not think he should be honest about it. A guy does not regularly hit his 7-iron with ease 175+ yards if he does have a driver swing of 100mph. Neither does he have a smash factor 1.5.

« Keith »

If he is putting some input on his game then do you not think he should be honest about it. A guy does not regularly hit his 7-iron with ease 175+ yards if he does have a driver swing of 100mph. Neither does he have a smash factor 1.5.

Maybe he is rockin a 26 degree 7 iron.

Hey Guy's I know this is my first post so I am a newbie to this forum.BUT I just have to ask I don't see the problem with hitting a 7-iron 175+ yards.I just bought a new set of irons and played 4 rounds with them.I have gained 2clubs in distance I used to hit my 5-iron 180yards now I am hitting a 7-iron.Is this unusal?I'll hit a 5-iron 200yds,pw 150yds.

Hey Guy's I know this is my first post so I am a newbie to this forum.BUT I just have to ask I don't see the problem with hitting a 7-iron 175+ yards.I just bought a new set of irons and played 4 rounds with them.I have gained 2clubs in distance I used to hit my 5-iron 180yards now I am hitting a 7-iron.Is this unusal?I'll hit a 5-iron 200yds,pw 150yds.

Depends on what irons you bought. Players irons are more for control, so i wouldn;t see that happeneing. However if you bought SGI irons then this could easily happen because the lofts tend to be strong and they usually come with light shafts. These two things could lead to an increase in distance.

I think your the one with he ego problem.

My bag
R7 Draw Driver 9.0
Northwestern 3 wood
Texan 3/4 Hybrid 21 Degrees
Big Bertha 04 5-9 Irons Burner XD Wedges AW,SW,LW DFX 3300 Pro V1 & ProV1x Refurbs

Depends on what irons you bought. Players irons are more for control, so i wouldn;t see that happeneing. However if you bought SGI irons then this could easily happen because the lofts tend to be strong and they usually come with light shafts. These two things could lead to an increase in distance.

I bought a set of R7 irons with stiff steel shafts.My old irons were Ram Laser FX which I played for about 18+ years

I bought a set of R7 irons with stiff steel shafts.My old irons were Ram Laser FX which I played for about 18+ years

There you go. The r7 irons will have stronger loft and are probably longer(shaft) stock. You should hit the r7's longer.

There you go. The r7 irons will have stronger loft and are probably longer(shaft) stock. You should hit the r7's longer.

Thank you for the info I did not know this.It will definetly help my club selection.Now if I could just hit my driver and putt

lol why would i try to be boosting my ego for people i dont know for 1? and yes i was hitting my 7 iron at 175 i don't know how cause my old clubs i would need a 4 or a 5 iron for that i know my new ones are 1 inch longer then my old ones so thats probably some of it
In My Callaway Stand Bag
Driver: Callaway Big Bertha titanium with stiff shaft
Irons : Callaway: x18r's + 1" on them :D

lol why would i try to be boosting my ego for people i dont know for 1? and yes i was hitting my 7 iron at 175 i don't know how cause my old clubs i would need a 4 or a 5 iron for that i know my new ones are 1 inch longer then my old ones so thats probably some of it

True.....R7's have a 1 inch longer shaft plus their loft is less per club than many others.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

Note: This thread is 5385 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!