IGNORED

Rule Question regarding standing water.

prutkows
Note: This thread is 5358 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

What is the rule regarding a ball resting in standing water in a sand bunker?

905R 9.5* Fujikura Speeder
200 steel 3 wood
200 steel 5 wood
690.CB 3-PW
56* 14 Pro Platinum Newport 2 Pro V1 B330-S

What is the rule regarding a ball resting in standing water in a sand bunker?

See Rule 25-1b(ii).

Essentially you may lift the ball, clean it and drop it in the bunker to get a relief from the casual water. You may also drop the ball outside the bunker with one penalty. And here's the Rule: (ii) In a Bunker: If the ball is in a bunker, the player must lift the ball and drop it either: (a) Without penalty, in accordance with Clause (i) above, except that the nearest point of relief must be in the bunker and the ball must be dropped in the bunker or, if complete relief is impossible, as near as possible to the spot where the ball lay, but not nearer the hole, on a part of the course in the bunker that affords maximum available relief from the condition; or (b) Under penalty of one stroke, outside the bunker keeping the point where the ball lay directly between the hole and the spot on which the ball is dropped, with no limit to how far behind the bunker the ball may be dropped.

i haven't read the rules, but i think you get to remove from the bunker.

Why on earth would you respond to the question when you don't know the answer? What is the point of admitting that you don't know the rule and then offering an incorrect answer?

In the race of life, always back self-interest. At least you know it's trying.

Because that was what our club pro said, but I didn't know to take him for his word or not though. Does that answer suffice for you?

Note: This thread is 5358 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!