IGNORED

Ant Problems!

wrx_junki
Note: This thread is 5353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Anyone know any good remedies for ants invading your house? My room as of late has been infested with so many ants. Quite annoying having them crawling up your leg and running around the desk. I've tried some of the home depot junk and they are crap. Let me know if you got any inexpensive methods that might work before I have to call the exterminator. Thanks in advance!!!

« Keith »

I can't remember any brand names, but the kind of insecticide you spray on the perimeter of your house usually work best, and I think there are brands that you also can spray on the inner perimeters.

I can't remember any brand names, but the kind of insecticide you spray on the perimeter of your house usually work best, and I think there are brands that you also can spray on the inner perimeters.

first find out why they are in your room. Clean it out and look for remanence of food. after that, the stuff that you spray on the outside of your house does work the best. Ant traps usually don't do much, but you can give them a shot. Is this your bedroom? Is the bedroom on the first floor? Are they in other rooms? Do you have any holes in the floor / wall that would easily allow them in? We had an ant problem in our kitchen and found out they were coming in through a broken basement window and crawling up through the floor board.

In my bag:

some golf clubs

a few golf balls

a bag of tee's some already broken the rest soon to be

a snickers wrapper (if you have seen me play, you would know you are not going anywhere for a while)

and an empty bottle of water

first find out why they are in your room. Clean it out and look for remanence of food. after that, the stuff that you spray on the outside of your house does work the best. Ant traps usually don't do much, but you can give them a shot. Is this your bedroom? Is the bedroom on the first floor? Are they in other rooms? Do you have any holes in the floor / wall that would easily allow them in? We had an ant problem in our kitchen and found out they were coming in through a broken basement window and crawling up through the floor board.

I forgot to mention that, check all door/window sills/surrounds. Don't rely on screen doors to keep any bugs out, they never do. Like he said, ant traps just leave dead ants everywhere for you to clean up.

My bedroom is located on the second floor and has 4 windows that I keep open with the screen. I don't even think a shut window will keep them out since these windows are old. I also have a hole in the floor for the radiator pipe to come up. I'm thinking I should spray that entire area and the windows. Hopefully Home Depot has some ant killing gels or something.

« Keith »

If you don't have any pets.... grantz kills ants they flock to it like its crack and it has arsenic in it. Basically no small chilren or pets use grantz.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

Anyone know any good remedies for ants invading your house? My room as of late has been infested with so many ants. Quite annoying having them crawling up your leg and running around the desk. I've tried some of the home depot junk and they are crap. Let me know if you got any inexpensive methods that might work before I have to call the exterminator. Thanks in advance!!!

Are these the little tiny sugar ants or big ones like red/fire or black/army?

If it's the little sugar ones, the best stuff I found is: Terro liquid. You can get the prefilled baits or just a bottle of the stuff and put it in bottle caps. They come get it, take it back to the nest and it kills all of them. You just have to make sure not to kill any you see because they're each little walking poison assassins. PS: Clean up your room, you probably have a food source in there somewhere.

In my Acuity bag:

Driver: HiBore XL
Woods: Acuity 3 Wood and 3I-hybrid
Irons: Acuity oversized cavity backs 4 - PWWedges: Tourney Silver Scot 192Putter: Acuity half-malletBall: XL 5000 Super Straight

Are they the little black ants? If they are, then there isn't much you can do to prevent them. I lived in a place once that would get them every summer. Some years were worse than others. It isn't anything that you did. They just show up. I am in the second full year of a new house and they showed up all along the base all around the house for the first time about a month ago. I thought maybe it was an isolated incident, or something got left out that attracted them. Wrong on both counts. I checked both my neighbors and they each had thousands of them crawling around at the base of their homes as well.

The best thing I have found is called Ortho Bug-B-Gone. I get it in a gallon jug at Wal-Mart or Sam's. Took it outside and sprayed the entire base of the house and have not seen them since, inside or out. It doesn't take much to kill the little ones. If you know where they might be coming in the house like a window or door, spray that area also. The bug spray is safe to use indoors if needed and won't hurt anything. The spray holds up pretty good for a few months and you won't see any ants at all, but you might need to do it again before winter.

I will judge my rounds much more by the quality of my best shots than the acceptability of my worse ones.

Ortho home defence spray. Best stuff I've found for ants and spiders.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

the BEST stuff that's available for ants is Termidor. It's a termiticide, which makes it $$, but a lil bit goes a long way. It's pretty much a liquid bait, it's non-repellent...which ortho and most other store bought insecticides aren't...and you only have to apply it twice a year. Terro will work good....temporarily....because the odorous house ant, or lil black ant, is a multiple queen colony. Which in turn means once the bait get's back to the nest it may kill a queen or two but there are going to be more queens making more babies. The great thing about termidor is that they have no clue the are getting infected with poison AND taking it back to the nest, until it's too late for them.

OK now for the bad news.....it is a restricted use pesticide, which means you won't find it lowes or home depot. You may be able to buy it online somewhere like doityourselfpestcontrol.com.

Trust me tho, apply this stuff one time where you are seeing the ants trail/travel and within 7-10 days you will be done with your ant troubles. I do this everyday.

Ant Stakes are great. leave the stakes in the area the ants are and wait a day or two and slowly they disappear.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Note: This thread is 5353 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!