IGNORED

Male Scratch Golfer on the LPGA Tour

iacas
Note: This thread is 779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Holy shit. I work in metres, so lets say you hit your 5 iron 190m, which is seriously long. That means you drove it like 300m? that's joke long. Can I have some of your clubhead speed?

Originally Posted by normdamarine

Yes...

Driver: Taylormade R11 set to 8*
3 Wood: R9 15* Motore Stiff
Hybrid: 19° 909 H Voodoo
Irons: 4-PW AP2 Project X 5.5
52*, 60* Vokey SM Chrome

Putter: Odyssey XG #7

Ball: Titleist Pro V1x

If the courses are rated anything around 70-71 a true scratch player will last on the LPGA Tour.

:tmade: SLDR X-Stiff 12.5°
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Wood Stiff
:nike:VRS Covert 3 Hybrid Stiff
:nike:VR Pro Combo CB 4 - PW Stiff 2° Flat
:cleveland:588RTX CB 50.10 GW
:cleveland:588RTX CB 54.10 SW
:nike:VR V-Rev 60.8 LW
:nike:Method 002 Putter

I'm not sure, but I'm having a lot of trouble trying to comprehend this one. So you're honestly claiming around a 350 yard drive with a follow-up 5i to the green (190yd. 5i) ? Were the fairways made out of concrete and rubber?

Quote:

Originally Posted by michaeljames92

You hit driver, 5 iron into a 540 yard par 5?

Quote:

Yes...

My budy I played with this past weekend hit Driver, 8 iron into a 550 yd. par 5.  He also won 20 bucks from another budy we were playing with, for reaching a 205 yd. par 3 with his pitching wedge.

Certainly not common, but not hard to comprehend.

Driver:  :callaway: Diablo Octane
Fairway Wood:   :adams: Speedline 3W
Hybrid:   adams.gif A7OS 3 Hybrid 
Irons:   :callaway:  2004 Big Bertha 4-LW

I find that a little hard to chew, since world long drive phenom Jamie Sadlowski hits a 7 iron 250!

Originally Posted by Gresh24

My budy I played with this past weekend hit Driver, 8 iron into a 550 yd. par 5.  He also won 20 bucks from another budy we were playing with, for reaching a 205 yd. par 3 with his pitching wedge.

Certainly not common, but not hard to comprehend.

Originally Posted by Bigtank

I find that a little hard to chew, since world long drive phenom Jamie Sadlowski hits a 7 iron 250!

I can certainly understand your skepticism.  I don't know what to say.  I've seen it, and I am not exaggerating.  I'd put him up against any long hitters.  I honestly think with the proper equipment and fitting, he would be right there with anyone.  His driver swing speed is 149 MPH.  He hits an old driver (at least 10 years old) with a 9* loft.

I will add that I was playing with one of Japans top female amatures last year. It was a freindly exhibition that was setup by a man that is well know with the Japanese golf community and the United States Military. The 2nd hole was a fairly easy Par 5, 540 that was straight with not much of any trouble. Now, take into account that we were both playing from the same tees, I bombed it by her and she was just shaking her head. She had to hit 3 wood into the green where I hit 5 iron, now I hit a pretty good shot that was around 25 feet or so but let me tell you that she stiffed it to about 6 feet or so.

Was the female amateur also on the green in two, or was that 3-wood her third shot?

Bill

lol I'm not sure where this thread is heading - but I definitely am skeptic over the claims of distance being reached in the past few replies.

Were these special circumstances where the fairways were rock hard clay and on a severe declining slope all the way to the hole from 50ft. up? 200+ yard PW from someone who doesn't have fitted clubs, or proper equipment, sounds ridiculous. This again goes back to people thinking that they are hitting much farther than they actually are.

Example:  Hole dog legs severely. Par 4 fairways play 400 to the green. However, from box to green at it's closest point is 280. You smash a draw/fade over the dog leg to get near the green... This does not mean that you drove the ball 390 yards. This drive would be around 260-270 . A major misconception by amateur golfers is distance. That's not knocking the golfer but it is just a fact.

If this individual were local, I would gladly lay out $ and bet that they would not see 200 with a PW 10/10 times.

There's an elephant in the chat room...... hormones.

There was a male tennis player (the equivalent of our scratch golfer) who underwent a sex change and demanded to compete on the woman's tour - he was eaten alive in the early rounds.  Those Estrogen shots put an end to his game.

Then we have Bobby Riggs vs Billie Jean King in the "Battle of the Sex's - everybody knew King was playing with bigger balls. (For those not around at the time - Google it.)

"Quick Dorthy....the oil can!"

Originally Posted by Spyder

lol I'm not sure where this thread is heading - but I definitely am skeptic over the claims of distance being reached in the past few replies.

Were these special circumstances where the fairways were rock hard clay and on a severe declining slope all the way to the hole from 50ft. up? 200+ yard PW from someone who doesn't have fitted clubs, or proper equipment, sounds ridiculous. This again goes back to people thinking that they are hitting much farther than they actually are.

Example:  Hole dog legs severely. Par 4 fairways play 400 to the green. However, from box to green at it's closest point is 280. You smash a draw/fade over the dog leg to get near the green... This does not mean that you drove the ball 390 yards. This drive would be around 260-270. A major misconception by amateur golfers is distance. That's not knocking the golfer but it is just a fact.

If this individual were local, I would gladly lay out $ and bet that they would not see 200 with a PW 10/10 times.

Again, don't know what to tell you.  I understand special circumstances.  I know how far these balls went.  I don't exaggerate distances.  This is not a misconception.  I know it's rare, but it's fact.  I also know some will never believe it.

He hit a ball about 10 yards short of a green bunker on a 420 yd. par 4 with an elevated tee box.  I understand circumstances.  The 550 yd. par 5 that I referenced was a slight dog leg left, so I'm sure it played shorter than 550.  But it was still all of 525.

Have you ever seen a big guy with a 150 MPH swing really nut a drive?  It will go 350.

He normally doesn't hit a PW 200 yards.  This was just a bet.  He was given 3 chances.  He put the 3rd ball on the front of the green.  I wouldn't put my money and any golfer hitting any shot 10/10 times...

Distances on the internet are bogus. People rarely account for wind, downhills, altitude, use course markers (started at 500 now at 150. I must have drivent it 350), and just plan delusions. If you don't think the first couple matter, look up Davis Loves 476 yard drive for an example of how you can hit the ball 150 yards+ longer than normal.    Hey I am sure some females can drive it 290 and then hit 250 3 wood on a a flat course on a calm day but there are not many of them.

And yeah hormones are one of the major reasons why guys do better at sports.  Pump the average chick full of testerone and the like and she will be driving the ball 30+ yards farther. Put the LPGA prize money equal to the PGA and you will see the depth of talent increase dramatically in 10 years.

Originally Posted by Bigtank

Originally Posted by Gresh24

Again, don't know what to tell you.  I understand special circumstances.  I know how far these balls went.  I don't exaggerate distances.  This is not a misconception.  I know it's rare, but it's fact.  I also know some will never believe it.

He hit a ball about 10 yards short of a green bunker on a 420 yd. par 4 with an elevated tee box.  I understand circumstances.  The 550 yd. par 5 that I referenced was a slight dog leg left, so I'm sure it played shorter than 550.  But it was still all of 525.

Have you ever seen a big guy with a 150 MPH swing really nut a drive?  It will go 350.

He normally doesn't hit a PW 200 yards.  This was just a bet.  He was given 3 chances.  He put the 3rd ball on the front of the green.  I wouldn't put my money and any golfer hitting any shot 10/10 times...

I see many different golfers of all sizes and ability several times a week. I have never seen any individual, on the internet, youtube, Break, google, or anywhere else - hit a USGA conforming PW 200 yards though. That is a bet I would definitely take 20/20 times, not just 10. I've also been to quite a few of the long ball competitions as well and asked many questions and learned quite a bit as well. One of the gentlemen on hand was averaging 195 with his 7i, but was very quick to tell the crowd that it was by no means "accurate" and needed very specific conditions to happen.

http://www.adamsgolf.com/tour/lda.php

If your buddy had a swing speed of 150, he would most definitely be noticed and be noticed very quickly at that. These long hitters stand out from a mile away on any range or course that they step foot on at the tee. Keep in mind that they also achieve this speed with fitted clubs, the drivers that are used in "ReMax" long drive competitions are also not USGA conforming due to the length - which also helps the club's head achieve that high speed with shaft flax and hand lag. These guys are "regularly" clocked at 140 on their swing. Most of them have a personal record of 150 or just above. They also have been practicing this swing style for many years.

All in all, I'll say this and will not push the "debate" any further. Nobody is going to grab a club that does not fit them, especially a standard old club that's laying around, and come off with a swing speed of 150 and lay the ball 350-400 yards. When that actually does happen, your buddy will be cashing some 6 foot wide checks like Happy Gilmore. If all is true though, he definitely sounds like a phenom and a once in a generation golfer that needs to be sponsored immediately.

I find these discussions humorous like I do discussions about penis size and how many girls a guy has slept with.  I'm sure some people exaggerate but I'm guessing there are some cases where they aren't, either way I don't get how this affects the rest of us.  I can't compare swords to John Holmes, or beat out Wilt Chamberlains female conquests, and I doubt I'll ever hit a real 350+ yard drive without the assistance of hurricane winds on a downhill course made of concrete but I'm okay with that.

If a guy tells me he saw his buddy hit a PW 200 yards I might be skeptical but unless he's given me a reason to believe he's a liar I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.  I'm not sure why everyone assumes if someone can hit the ball a ton they would have to be pro's or long drive champions, not everyone has those aspirations, nor does it mean it's impossible for them to do it.  I see this on almost every forum, guy posts his results from a driver fitting and everyone (usually those with shorter drive distances) chime in that the launch monitor numbers were jacked, he's too stupid to calculate the distance he hit on the range.  Who cares?

Joe Paradiso

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Spyder - I had a chance to play the other week with my buddy and another friend and a golf pro - the pro was a friend of my friends.  The golf pro said many things you did.  Tried to convince my buddy to pursue golf, or at a mini mun long drive competitions.  He said he has never seen anyone hit the ball like he does.  He said he would love to see what he could do with a fitted, lower loft driver, and a 'club that was made in the last 10 years'.  I wish I had $1 for everyone that is totally amazed and comments about his distance, including good and experienced golfers.

As for the 200 yard PW.  The card said the hole was 203.  It is a flat, straight hole, no wind.  He put it on the front of the green, about 20 ft from the pin that was located pretty much in the center.  Technically, it may only have went anywhere between 185-200.  We didn't formally measure the shot, or even how far back the pin was.  And again, not a typical PW for him.  He took an altered swing to de-loft it a bit, and it took him 3 shots.  He had his 8 iron for the hole, before the "bet" was placed.

My buddy is just a casual golfer.  He is very big into softball and plays state/regional/national money tournaments all the time (he also hits a softball further than 99.9% of people).  Doesn't have much time (or real interest) to golf, other than for fun.

He is a phenom hitting a golf ball long, no question.

I can only drive the ball about 240yds, but my penis size is 350yds and I have slept with 200yds of women.

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I find these discussions humorous like I do discussions about penis size and how many girls a guy has slept with.  I'm sure some people exaggerate but I'm guessing there are some cases where they aren't, either way I don't get how this affects the rest of us.  I can't compare swords to John Holmes, or beat out Wilt Chamberlains female conquests, and I doubt I'll ever hit a real 350+ yard drive without the assistance of hurricane winds on a downhill course made of concrete but I'm okay with that.

If a guy tells me he saw his buddy hit a PW 200 yards I might be skeptical but unless he's given me a reason to believe he's a liar I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.  I'm not sure why everyone assumes if someone can hit the ball a ton they would have to be pro's or long drive champions, not everyone has those aspirations, nor does it mean it's impossible for them to do it.  I see this on almost every forum, guy posts his results from a driver fitting and everyone (usually those with shorter drive distances) chime in that the launch monitor numbers were jacked, he's too stupid to calculate the distance he hit on the range.  Who cares?

• Upvote 2

No I am not claming anything about distance, you gents are... I just remember hitting Driver, 5 iron and she hit a 3 wood... I am sure there were factors that came into play i.e. wind etc... The point of the whole chat was the ability of a 16 year old girl and how she was acurate with her long clubs, that is all...

Originally Posted by Spyder

I'm not sure, but I'm having a lot of trouble trying to comprehend this one. So you're honestly claiming around a 350 yard drive with a follow-up 5i to the green (190yd. 5i) ? Were the fairways made out of concrete and rubber?

Those are easy questions. Bigger than you and more than you. It is also impressive the number of guys that turn down the 150k prize money for winning the long drive championship because they couldn't be bothered....

Originally Posted by newtogolf

I find these discussions humorous like I do discussions about penis size and how many girls a guy has slept with.

• Administrator

This thread isn't about driving distance or pitching wedge or 5I distances.

Please stick to the topic.

Erik J. Barzeski —  I knock a ball. It goes in a gopher hole. 🏌🏼‍♂️
Director of Instruction Golf Evolution • Owner, The Sand Trap .com • AuthorLowest Score Wins
Golf Digest "Best Young Teachers in America" 2016-17 & "Best in State" 2017-20 • WNY Section PGA Teacher of the Year 2019 :edel: :true_linkswear:

Check Out: New Topics | TST Blog | Golf Terms | Instructional Content | Analyzr | LSW | Instructional Droplets

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

Note: This thread is 779 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!