IGNORED

Tired after a round???

Yukari
Note: This thread is 5351 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Lately, I have been trying to focus more for each shot (not always successful, but better than last year). And it seem that I am more tired after the round. (I walk). I still workout everyday like I have been for the last 20 years, so I don't think I am getting tired physically.

But it seems like ever since I started to concentrate more on each shot I get worn out at the end of the round. Do you see any difference when you concentrate more during a round?

Don

:titleist: 910 D2, 8.5˚, Adila RIP 60 S-Flex
:titleist: 980F 15˚
:yonex: EZone Blades (3-PW) Dynamic Gold S-200
:vokey:   Vokey wedges, 52˚; 56˚; and 60˚
:scotty_cameron:  2014 Scotty Cameron Select Newport 2

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I have always struggled with falling apart at the end of a round, especially when I'm under pressure and concentrating. I'm sure you stay hydrated and if not, you should lol. Something that has helped me recently: I buy a Payday at the course on the front 9 and the back 9. Has peanuts which are a good source of proteins and such, and I have actually seemed to play my back 9s better now. Of course I would assume some crackers with peanut butter in them might help as well. Hope it helps!
Spec's Bag
Driver: 8.5* R7 425
3 Wood: 15.0* 980F
Irons (3-P): S59 Black Dot +1/2
Weges (52, 56, 60): SM56-10Putter: Studio Style NewportBall: ProV1

I buy a Payday at the course on the front 9 and the back 9. Has peanuts which are a good source of proteins and such, and I have actually seemed to play my back 9s better now.

Funny, my go-to is peanut M&Ms...;

to the OP, maybe you need to find times to give yourself a mental break. I know I struggled really badly when I started reffing Ice hockey, not because my legs were tired from skating for 3 hours straight, but because my mind was so focused all the time, I never got a break. I would end up zoning out and missing calls. Talking with experienced refs, and learning myself, you figure out times to let your mind rest a little bit. Its the same with a round of golf. You have to rest your mind sometimes.
Bag: Flight SS
Driver: 10.5* r5 draw with Pro Launch blue 65 Stiff
Irons: CCi Forged 3i-pw
Wedges: 56* CG12 black pearl and 60* low bounce RTG 900
Putter: i-Series Anser 35"Ball: e5+Tee: Zero FrictionGlove: FootJoy WeatherSofRangefinder: MedalistShoes: Sp-6 II, Adidas 360Scores this year:92 91...

Being mentally worn out is almost as bad as being physically worn out. I concentrate on every shot as much as I can but in between shots, I like to talk with my partners and get my mind off of it for a few minutes between holes. As long as you can bring your concentration back before your next shot, this helps....or it has helped me.

Bryan A
"Your desire to change must be greater than your desire to stay the same"

As long as you can bring your concentration back before your next shot, this helps....or it has helped me.

This is a good point. When I play my best, I'm concentrating over every shot, but I wouldn't be able to tell you what my score is overall. Sometimes I play music on my phone if I'm alone on the course.

Spec's Bag
Driver: 8.5* R7 425
3 Wood: 15.0* 980F
Irons (3-P): S59 Black Dot +1/2
Weges (52, 56, 60): SM56-10Putter: Studio Style NewportBall: ProV1

This is a good point. When I play my best, I'm concentrating over every shot, but I wouldn't be able to tell you what my score is overall. Sometimes I play music on my phone if I'm alone on the course.

I tried that the other day. Things were going slowly and I was walking. I listend to some tunes on my iPod while walking and killing time between shots. The tunes helped.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

I will give that a try this weekend. Maybe I can beat 78!

Don

You're just getting old

That's beside the point.

Don

the only time the mental aspect starts wearing on me is when the bogeys doubles and triples start stacking up... other than that playing in this heat get me the most tired...
then again if i start a birdie and par run i feel more than invigorated
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

i'm a novice and while i love the game I've found that usually around hole 14 or 15 I start to lose focus -- 5 hour energy!!

the carbs and protein you get from the peanut snacks are probably just as good but i've yet to try that -- but at hole 9 I drink my little shot and I remain focused for all 18.

in my bag right now -- working on upgrading

G5 10.5* driver
Sumo2 15* 3wood
everything else - XL series ($199 set)next step is a putter..........then irons

oh man... skipping breakfast this morning before a round had me dying before we made the turn... started off strong with great ball striking... by the time we got thru 6 holes the scores started climbing... thank goodness we got some grub at the turn cuz i killed the back with some food in me
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

Note: This thread is 5351 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!