• Announcements

• iacas

Create a Signature!   02/05/2016

Everyone, go here and edit your signature this week: http://thesandtrap.com/settings/signature/.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
hippyboy

How many rounds have you shot under par?

0   80 votes

1. 1. How many rounds under par?

• none
    • 1-10
    • 11-25
    • 25+

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

28 posts in this topic

I have been reading with interest another thread that has a few people saying that a friend of theres has shot under par on their first ever round of golf. I find this highly unlikely as I have been playing for nearly 3 years & I have never broke 80 (best is 83 on par 74) so I just wondered how many people have carded an under par round & how many times have you done it?

I know there is a lot of low handicappers that will have managed it a few times, if you have not made a round under par (like me) how close have you got? Was it one missed putt away?

I was going to do this as a poll but not sure how?

Edit: I found how to do a poll.

Want to get rid of this advertisement? Sign up (or log in) today! It's free!

I came close once. last year I was 2 under after 15 holes and then I got really nervous. snow man 16, snowman 17. birdie 18. not awesome!
anytime I really start to think about it..I let it get to me too much and I get nervous...then I start trying to play conservatively and it never works out for me.
ie: #17 at my main course is a 360 par 4. when I'm just having fun, I'll hit driver and try to see how close to the green I can get it (best was 40 yards away).
when I'm scoring on a full round.. I'll pull a 3 wood...you know 3 wood..and be left with about 100 left.... most of the time I end up snap hooking my 3 wood into the water instead of drawing it nice.

I once stood on the 18th tee at -1.... made a triple bogey to finish with egg on my face. My best round ever is a one over par 73.

Awards and Achievements

My career low on a regulation course is a 72 (+2). I was -2 through 7 and even through 9, but just couldn't keep it together on back. I have been under par only one time and I don't really count it because it was a really short par-3 course (with 2 driveable par 4 holes of less than 250 yards). I shot 27 (-2) there a few years ago with 3 birdies and a bogey, but have never managed to do it again...yet .

I've never had an under par round but I have shot E one time. Couple days ago I was 4 over (40) on the front nine and carded a 74 (Par 72), that was probably the best I've played to come back anyways. First time I shot under par on a single side too.

I have shot even on 18, but the ones I counted were 9 hole rounds. Both of them were -1. One of them was actually 2 weeks ago. I have never shot under for a full 18

I can remember last year when I was -2 going into 17. All I had to do was par out. Well, on 17 I dumped it in the water (trying to get cute with the shot) and doubled that hole. Then I bogied 18 after being angry about 17.

Awards and Achievements

I was 2 under after 9 holes once in high school. Then I shot +6 on the back to finish with a 76.

A pari of 76s are the lowest rounds I've ever scored.

Oh, so familiar stories of starting to think about the end result.... been there and seen it....

In 2007 I played my home courses (2x18) three times on par teeing #17. Each time scored a double bogey on #17 and par in the end scoring 74. Creates a monkey on one's back, huh?

Same season I played a short course +1 but year before on a full course scored -1 making a birdie on #17 and par on #18. That is my best score ever, and in a competition

As an adverse example of not screwing the end I can mention one round last year. Front nine was a disaster with 44 strokes but back nine was 34 !! Maybe it helps not to think about the end result.....

Not even close :P Best I've had was on pace to break 90 through 7 or 8 holes on the front nine

Getting there...few even par rounds, but nothing under...YET!

Was par through 16 holes at a fairly tough course the other day...managed to finish triple - double...yeah, that was nice.

I have shot even on 18, but the ones I counted were 9 hole rounds. Both of them were -1. One of them was actually 2 weeks ago. I have never shot under for a full 18

I've been under par several times after 9 holes, but never after 18. I don't count 9 holes as a "round".

Awards and Achievements

Never better than 75 on an 18 hole track (I can't remember if it was 76 or 75 - I've had a few 76s and 78s over the years - no 77s). I shot 35 on the front 9 once without a single GIR. I started hitting greens and 3 putting on the back nine for a 42. I rock!

i cant put 2 sides together...
ive been 2 under on the first 9 and then i go an shoot 11 over on the other side...
sometimes its the other way around... ill tank the front and destroy the back...
ive had a few rounds that didnt have any "blowup" holes and its still 6 over at the end of the day...

so the short answer for a full round is 0
had plenty of under par 9 hole stretches tho :(

best for me is 86 on a par 72. = +14 i was +4 on the back nine which i was very pleased with.

I could do it if I didn't have to play the last 5 holes, yet counted the par anyway :p

My best 18 hole round was an 83 (+11). I never really play 18, though. I've only done it about 4 or 5 times, though. I've shot 39 (+3) three times.