IGNORED

How do you prepare before a round of golf?

ks8829
Note: This thread is 5349 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Before I play I like to work on my putting for at least 30 minutes before I play a round, and if possible an hour the day before working on two things. putting the ball straight within 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, feet and then work on distance control, what is the distance I hit the ball when I take the club back on my inside of my right foot? the outside of my right foot? one foot pass my right foot etc. this helps me guage the distance the putt is traveling and the green speed, my tempo for the day.

Before I go out I like to hit my irons at an open field hitting 6 irons or PW bring out only one club with hip high back swing, 3/4 swing and full swing to focus on three things, solid contact, distance control and direction. I like to hit irons 2 or 3 days straight before I play to tune up my game. I feel that hitting these irons help me feel confident with my overall swing and improves my short game at the same time. I have hit 3/4 swing 7 irons under trees a distance of 130 - 140 yards onto the green.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Sometimes I have to wait like 5 minutes to get on the tee box.... in those cases I chip/putt a few before.

USUALLY, I walk on the tee box stretch a little. take some warmup swings back and forth with one of my wedges. Then I take a few practice small wedge swings to practice brushing the ground. Pull out the driver take one or two swings to get the tempo down. And swing away.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

I always make sure I stretch. That's the most important thing for me to do. Then if I have time I'll putt around to get a feel of the distance. Then take a couple practice swings with my driver (headcover still on). Then it's off to the races.

I try and start my routine 1 hour before tee time. This can be hard to do, so sometimes I don't get it all in. Sometimes it's just putt quickly then off to the first tee. Other times it's hit the first tee while still tying my shoes. BUT...when I have the time, it's like this:

I will stretch, go to the range where I...

- Hit the driver until I feel the rhythm

- Hit 3-4 balls each with the 3, 4, and 5 Hybrid

- Hit 3-4 balls with the 6 iron, 8 iron, PW, and LW

Go to the practice area and chip about 20-30 times.

Take about 30-40 putts. I make sure to take putts of all lengths, including very short ones.

Driver: Nike Ignite 10.5 w/ Fujikura Motore F1
2H: King Cobra
4H: Nickent 4DX
5H: Adams A3
6I 7I 8I 9I PW: Mizuno mp-57Wedges: Mizuno MP T-10 50, 54, 58 Ball: random

I usually hit 20 balls with a 6,7 or 8 iron just to loosen up, then spend 15 minutes on the putting green.
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 9.5˚
adams.gif Speedline fast 10 15˚
adams.gif A7 17˚
adams.gif Idea Pro 3-PW
mizuno.gif MP T-11 52˚, MP T-10 58˚  cameron.gif Red X  titleist.gif NXT

Most of the time I take 3 or 4 practice swings, and away I go.
Driver Super Quad 10.5
3 Woodhibore xl
irons3-pw AP2
Wedges52 and 56 SV
PutterFuturaBall330-s

I like to stretch first. Then hit the putting green for ten or 15 minutes. After that it's to the range for 30 or 40 balls with PW, 7i, 5i, and a few woods. Hit the last 3 or 4 with driver and get on the 1st tee.

Ben Hogan is my swing coach.

Driver: Burner TP
3 & 5 Woods: No-name
3H:No-name4i-PW: MP-32...unapologetically...You should try blades, too56*: CG12Putter: Spider

my routine is step out of the car, step on to the tee and tee off

Cobra S2 Driver
Nike SQ 3 Wood
Nike Sumo SQ 3 Hybrid
Callaway X-16 Irons 3-PW
Nike Victory Red 56 and 60 WedgesScotty Cameron Newport 1.5 Putter

for a tourny i try to get to the course about an hpur and a half before my tee time. first i stretch a little bit and try to get my back loose. then i will practice putting for about 20 minutes and then i will practice chipping to get a rythym going. then ill go to the rang and hit some 1/2 56* then a full 56*, then 8iron, 4iron, 3wood, driver, 2hybrid, 5iron, 9iron, then a couple of full 60* and then i pick a target about 50 yards out to hit to. then ill go hit some bunker shots and practice a variety of chips then ill go put for another 20 minutes. then ill go into the club house and rest for a few minustes and maybe get something to eat to refuel. then before i tee off ill putt around for a few more minutes and then go to the tee about 5 minutes before my tee time. (usually while im practicing i will listen to my ipod and then after i putt for a while ill cut my ipod off so i can hear the contact better).
Driver: Taylormade R9
fairway wood: Cleveland Launcher 15 degree
hybrid: titleist 585 17
irons: Taylormade mb tp smoke 3-pw
wedges: Titleist vokey wedgesputter:sc ss newport 2, 34"Bag: ping vantage bag(team bag)

i never hit range balls.. i just get there and pay then walk outside and putt until its time to tee it up. once im on the tee box i usually stretch with a wedge and then take 4-5 practice swings with the driver and then its game time.

Get there about an hour before I tee off.
Hit the range - starting from pw to 7 iron to 5 iron to rescue to 3 wood to driver.
Then hit the chipping green for about 15 mins before heading to the putting green for whatever time I have left - usually about 15 mins.
Then down to the tee and let one rip!!

I usually just putt 3 footers for a bit and then a few lag putts to get my distance down, maybe a few chips if I'm at the course early enough. If my home course had a proper range I'd probably go warm up there but since it doesn't I just stick to the practice green.

take a dump and then stretch. i hate playing so early that my bowels arent awake, not giving me a chance to take my morning constitutional, and i feel bloated the whole round.

Colin P.

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I stretch for a couple minutes, practice on the green for maybe 5, then usually start fairly badly the first coupla holes. Maybe I should show up 45 mins earlier and do a proper job of it.

Driver: Cobra 460SZ 9.0, med.
3 Wood: Taylor stiff
3-hybrid: Nike 18 deg stiff
4-hybrid:
Taylor RBZ 22 deg regular
Irons:5-9, Mizuno MP30, steel
Wedges: PW, 52, 56, 60 Mizuno MP30
Putter: Odyssey 2-ball

I chipped for an hour with my wedges
putted for an hour working on straight putts and lag putting

Tomorrow I am playing at 7:00am so I usually wake up at 5:00 and will get out of the house around 5:15am and walk a mile and run a mile and will be home about 6:15am and will drive out to the course and practice putting for 30-45 minutes working on straight putts and lag putting.

I hit ball Saturday morning for about an hour with my PW
I hit ball Sunday morning for about an hour with my 8 iron

Monday, I should be ready to play after a week off without touching a club.

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

Note: This thread is 5349 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!