IGNORED

Iron Recommendations

Note: This thread is 5375 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Although i have never used them, any of the ping i-something irons will be good. They all look like a players club but offer a lot of forgiveness. Get the i10s if possible

In my Ping bag:
Driver: Titleist 909 D2 9.5*

3 Wood: Nickent Pro
Irons: Titleist AP2 Project x 5.5Wedges: Titleist Vokey 200 Series Vokey 52*, 56*, 60*Putter: Scotty Cameron Detour 1 (just ordered it)

Have actually not hit the R7's, but I believe the clubhead on the R7 is larger, with more off-set, and should deliver higher ball flight.

I've hit the R7s as well. They are super sticks. I'm seeing some huge savings on those online, too. Under $400.

909D Comp 9.5* (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-6)
Burner Superfast 3 & 5 woods (house MATRIX OZIK XCON-4.8)
G15 Hybrid 23* (AWT shaft)
G5 5 iron-PW-46*, UW-50*, SW-54 & LW-58 (AWT shaft)
Studio Select Newport 2 Mid SlantGrips: PING cords & Golf Pride New Decade Multi-Coumpound Bag: C-130...

Any thoughts on or experiences with the Cleveland CG7s?
Driver: Burner 9.5*
3 Wood: Big Bertha 15*
Hybrid: Burner Rescue 19*
Irons: r7 4-PW
Wedges: CG 12 52* CG 12 56*Putter: White Hot Tour #1

I'm playing the Callaway X-22's and wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. Any golf club comes down to personal preference though, so like the others said, hit as many as you possibly can. I've been playing Callaway products for 5+ years...they've never given me a reason to change.

In the Syncro...

Diablo 9.5* S
Diablo 15* S 3 Wood
Diablo 21* S Hybrid X-22 5-PW X-forged vintage 52*, 56*MD, 60*MD / CG White Hot XG 330 (currently the #1) B330-S and TP Red

So my friend is looking to purchase a new set of irons, and he's narrowed it down to 2. They sets are right in his price range, and he's just getting back into the sport after not having played for quite a few years.

The sets he's looking at are:
  1. TaylorMade r7
  2. Nike SasQuatch Sumo (non-hybrid set, not sold on this site)
I haven't been playing anywhere near long enough (2 weeks) to offer him any solid advice on the subject, but was hoping anyone who has experience with either of these irons could shed some light on them.

I see some folks here saying positive things about the r7s which I'll certainly pass along, but some added incite on either of these sets would be greatly appreciated.

I would stay away from the Nike VR irons personally. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but, I see how they are selling compared to everything else and, I also see the much higher number of returns compared to other iron Mfg's. Take them for a demo and, see what you think about them! In my personal opinion they are for the "Tiger Woods Wanna Be Crowd" espically the blades..... Hit any other high end companies forged club and, compare it.

MISSING "stolen" SINCE JULY 20TH 2009

Bag Boy Revolver Pro Cart Golf Bag:
Driver '09 Burner TP 10.5* W EPIC Shaft at 46" (S)
3W 09 FT 15* (S)5 Wd - Launcher 09 (S)Hybrid - Launcher 09 20.5* (S)3-PW - MP-52 (S300)SW - X White Chrome W/ Mac Daddy grooves 56*LW - X White Chrome W/ Mac Daddy...

I would stay away from the Nike VR irons personally. Everyone is entitled to their opinion but, I see how they are selling compared to everything else and, I also see the much higher number of returns compared to other iron Mfg's. Take them for a demo and, see what you think about them! In my personal opinion they are for the "Tiger Woods Wanna Be Crowd"

First, you are correct, everyone is entitled to their opinion, that is, if it's based on facts. Opinions based on bias are an entirely different subject.

Second, since when do sales numbers (or lack thereof) equate to quality? I can guarantee that Wilson Staff equipment sells nowhere near what Titleist, Nike, Callaway, Ping, etc. do, but everyone I've ever seen/heard/read that plays them loves Wilson stuff. I can also say that I have yet to see a Victory Red set in the used clubs at any of my local stores. Third, making assumptions about people is really pretty ignorant. Within the next month or two, I'm going to own a VR combo set. Though I like Tiger and all, my purchase of these irons has absolutely nothing to do with TW, and it is extremely annoying when people make generalizations such as this. Fourth, I have hit a lot of other manufacturers equipment, and really have nothing bad to say about any of them. I hit the Ping i10s side by side with the VRs last week, and loved both of them. The Victory Red irons are just as good, if not better than all of the current offerings from any of the other manufacturers. All manufacturers make great equipment these days. If you dont believe that, you're really shutting yourself off from some great equipment.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Ok i think everyone listed every iron set imaginable, now you're back to square one with every option haha

Man, you nike guys get heated up at the possibility of even trying another club.

I HAVE THE INSIDE TRUTH INTO THE SECRET OF NIKE GOLF'S SUCCESS AND ESPICALLY WHY TIGER WOODS USES THE NIKE LINE.

Hahaha!

But seriously, I have the real, true information here...

Let's start:

His driver was handmade in the Ming dynasty by a clubmaker known as "Hotsui Miuma," who spent 3 winters forging the steel while a Bhudist monk incanted the water used in the quenching process.

His woods are stock Nike Sasquaches.

His irons are forged from an ingot of pure palladium from the bowels of mount Albatross on the Shetland coast. The metal is forged in the presence of 8 virgins, who are sacrificed one by one, each's soul entering the club she has been chosen for.

The wedges are RAM, with a Nike swoosh.

The putter is formed from the bones of fabled golfers Harry Vardon and Old Tom Morris. The shaft is made from the femur of Walter Hagen.

His grips are made from unicorn fur and dragon's scales. The glue used is made from champion racehorses, with diamonds ground into it.

Finally, the ball, which is actually a highly compressed material mined by gnomes working on Neptune hired by the CIA. These balls are then blessed Kosher by a Rabbi, and baked for 20 minutes at 350� in an oven once owned by Julia Child.

MISSING "stolen" SINCE JULY 20TH 2009

Bag Boy Revolver Pro Cart Golf Bag:
Driver '09 Burner TP 10.5* W EPIC Shaft at 46" (S)
3W 09 FT 15* (S)5 Wd - Launcher 09 (S)Hybrid - Launcher 09 20.5* (S)3-PW - MP-52 (S300)SW - X White Chrome W/ Mac Daddy grooves 56*LW - X White Chrome W/ Mac Daddy...

Man, you nike guys get heated up at the possibility of even trying another club.

Maybe you didnt read my entire post, where it said that I have tried other clubs. Maybe you didnt see my first post in this thread, where I mentioned quite a few other clubs that I'd be happy with. I think you got it backwards. It's normally loyalists to other brands that never consider the possibility of Nike. And dude, really, you're contributing nothing here. Go find somewhere else to troll.

Follow me on Twitter - TST_Justin
 -  -  - 

This Week's Bag Drop - Miura Passing Point 9003 Forged Irons and Adams Idea Pro a12 Irons and Hybrids  - Sweet new forged cavity backs from Miura (do they make any irons that arent simply beautiful?) and irons/hybrids from Adams created with...

Note: This thread is 5375 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!