IGNORED

Any of y'all not carry hybrids?

Note: This thread is 5345 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I tried not carry one for the longest time and finally put one together just to try out. Cost me about 40 total (already had the shaft) but I ended up keeping it. I hit it about 10 yards further than my 3i always with a slight draw. Now I did demo some other ones and I was all over the place. I stuck with the snake eyes and the only complaint is I can't work the ball that well with it.
Driver: i15, 3 wood: G10, Hybrid: Nickent 4dx, Irons: Ping s57, Wedges: Mizuno MPT 52, 56, 60, Putter: XG #9 

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never did get the hang of hitting a hybrid. Must be a knack shot or something. Anyway, my 5 wood is pretty versatile hitting a high cut from 185 to hitting a low draw to 200-210. This year I even learned to hit a low punch that can move a little left or right depending on the situation. Anything beyond that I hit my 3 wood which goes pretty straight. I don't mess with trying to move the ball around with my 3 wood. That's next years project. But I see my partners just killing their hybrids so it's 6 one way, half dozen another in my book.

No hybrid here:
Driver, 3wood, 3i and on down the line.

I wouldn't be opposed to getting a hybrid, just never needed one since I hit my 3i as well as my other irons.

Used to carry a 5wood, but I added another wedge and gave the 5wood to my Dad.

Callaway X-18 Irons | TaylorMade R5 Driver, 200 Steel 3 Wood | Cleveland Golf CG-14 Gap & Sand Wedge | Titleist Vokey Lob Wedge | Odyssey White Hot Putter | Titleist ProV1 Ball | Bushnell Pro 1600 Tournament Edition Laser Rangefinder

I've never even hit a hybrid. I know people say they are easy to hit, but to me they look more difficult to hit than either an Iron or a Wood...

If you can't lead 'em with a stick, beat 'em with a carrot!

In the Monza Featherweight:
r7 460 TP
r7 TP Fairway Woods (3 & 5) r7 TP irons (3-aw) RAC Chrome 56° & xFT TP 60° wedges White Hot XG Sabertooth putterBoring, I know, but why stray when you like what you've got?

Since I hit my three iron almost too high, and consistently enough, I don't need one.

The new Titleist ones are money though. Just amazing feel off the face.
In The Bag

Titleist 905T 9.5°
Nike Sumo2 15°
Nike Sumo2 19°Nike Forged Irons - 3-PW Titleist Bob Vokey Spin Milled 56°10°Scotty Cameron Pro Platinum Newport 2

I'm not bad with long irons, and quite frankly I doubt I'm going to hit a 3-hybrid any more consistently than my 3-iron. So right now, I see no need for it.

In my UnderArmour Links stand bag...

Driver: '07 Burner 9.5° (stiff graphite shaft)
Woods: SasQuatch 17° 4-Wood (stiff graphite shaft)
Hybrid: 4DX Ironwood 20° (stiff graphite shaft)Irons/Wedges: Apex Edge 3-PW, GW, SW (stiff shaft); Carnoustie 60° LWPutter: Rossa AGSI+ Corzina...

i love my hybrid and hit it really well it is workable to very workable many better players don't play hybrids but if they tried adams idea pro /pro gold line i think they would. and for people that say they hit hybrids to high try the idea pro it is very low spin and has a nice penetrating flight

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

i love my hybrid and hit it really well it is workable to very workable many better players don't play hybrids but if they tried adams idea pro /pro gold line i think they would. and for people that say they hit hybrids to high try the idea pro it is very low spin and has a nice penetrating flight

Man i feel as if i know how to work a ball.. and this adams is just weird.. like i am a pretty good long iron player (altho my swing path may suggest otherwise) and i just dont know.. it looks just stupid at adress..

|Callaway FT-9 Tour Neutral 9.5 Diamana BlueBoard| TaylorMade TourLaunch 14.5 Matrix Ozik F7M2 X| Adams Idea Pro 20 Matrix Ozik Altus X| Mizuno MP-32 4-PW TTDG S300|Titleist Vokey 50| Tour Issue Titleist Black Ni Vokey SM 54|Callaway X Forged 62 || Kirk Currie Brazos| Callaway Tour IX/...

that i can't really argue it is a box which probably throws you off mental when you go to work it especially fade's

driver. taylormade tour burner tp ust avixcore tour green 75 x
3 wood 909 f3 13* voodo xnv8
3 hybrid adams idea pro vs proto 95x
irons 3 no 4 5-pw nike cci forged blades
gap wedge nike sv tour blacksand wedge cg14 56* 14flopadopolous vokey spin milled 64 7putter scotty cameron classics newport...

I like my hybrids as I have 3 of them, a 3(20 deg) 4(23 deg) and 5(26 deg) and they all get used quite a bit. Ive never been able to hit long irons very well, even a 5 iron so these make those longer shots much easier, able to get the ball up out of the rough or weird lies too. Ive grown to rely a lot on these clubs and couldnt do without them.

In my bag
Driver-top flite cannon 460 cc 10.5 deg, reg flex
3 Wood-ACUITY GOLF RCX 14°
3h-warrior golf tcp 20°
4h-warrior golf tcp 23°5h-warrior golf tcp 26° 6-pw-AFFINITY / ORLIMAR HT2 SERIES irons steel shafts regular flex56° sw-tour seriesram puttergolf balls-intech beta ti

I cant hit them for crap, I have tried multiple hybrids and they really add no benifit to my game. The only time I will put one in my bag is if there are alot of fairway bunkers or really tall rough. But they really dont belong in my bag.

I gave all my hybrids to my dad. My 3 wood never fails me and I can hit it great at diffrent distances.

Aerolite III bag
MP600 10.5*
F-50 15*
MP57's Project X 5.5 3-PW
CG10 56* RAC 52* 60* 2 Ball putter ProV1/ProV1X Blackberry Storm GolfLogix

I see lots of people saying they are hook machines…....or could those people possibly have swing flaws Look, my hybrid is so easy to kit it almost feels like I'm cheating. Easy to hit off the tee, easy to hit from the fairway or rough, easy to hit high or low or left or right. Not only should "better players" be gaming them but beginners and intermediates should as well.

Just my $0.02

Callaway X-Hot Tour GD Tour AD DI-7 Sonartec SS-3.5 16* FTP-X Adams Idea Super S 19* Matrix Kujoh
Bridgestone J33B DG X100 Mizuno MP 53*6 Mizuno MP 56*10 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported
Mizuno MP 60*6 WRX Sq. Gr. GTO Ported Odyssey White Hot Tour #5 Callaway Tourix

GHIN: 10436305

No hybrids in my bag, I bought one and took it out after about a month of never hitting it straight. I hit my 3 and 4 irons plenty long, high and straight. No need for one.

Driver: 910D3 - Oban Kiyoshi 75 X / 909D3 - Oban Devotion 7 X
3 Wood: R9 TP - Oban Devotion 8 05
Hybrid: 909H - Project X Graphite
Irons: 4-6 AP2 - Project X 6.5 / 7-W MB - Project X 6.5
Wedges: Scratch 1018 52/56/60 KBS Tour XPutter: SC Button Back Newport 34" / SC Del Mar 34" / SC SS Newport...

I go from my 5wood to 4 iron...I carry a 3 iron and tried two hybrid 3's..I like the 5 wood and 4 iron better. I hit the 3 iron very seldom, usually as a knock down on windy days. Never felt like I could control hybrid distance and accuracy. Did I mention I like my 5 Wood?

"Golf's a hard game to figure. One day you'll go out and slice it and shank it, hit into all the traps and miss every green. The next day you go out and , for no reason at all, you really stink." -- Bob Hope

Driver:TM 09 Burner
3 & 5 Wood: Callaway BB War Bird
Irons: TM R7 3-PWWedges:Maxfli...

No hybrids in the bag for me. I might get a 3H though, and take out 3i.

driver: FT-i tlcg 9.5˚ (Matrix Ozik XCONN Stiff)
4 wood: G10 (ProLaunch Red FW stiff)
3 -PW: :Titleist: 695 mb (Rifle flighted 6.0)
wedges:, 52˚, 56˚, 60˚
putter: Studio Select Newport 1.5

Note: This thread is 5345 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!