IGNORED

Any of y'all not carry hybrids?

Note: This thread is 5345 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I have a 4H from my beginner set but will soon replace it with a Titleist Ap2 4 iron. I play a Ping I10 3 iron and I am starting to hit it consistently and with a fairly high trajectory so I'm not planning to replace that club. I'll probably buy the 909 H 19 degree hybrid as I'm really struggling to hit my 3 wood well although it's my swing and not the club

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No hybrid for me. I have always been a pretty good long iron player so I don't see myself getting one in the near future. Every time I take one off the rack it looks like a hook machine.

:cobra: Amp Driver 10.5*(R)
:tmade: Burner 3W 15*(R)
:tmade: Burner 2.0 Rescue 3-4
:titleist: 714 AP1 Irons 5-pw, gw(Steel XP95 R300)
:callaway: MD3 Wedges 56, 60
:nickent:Omen Long Putter(un-anchored)

carry a 3w and 5w not a hybrid fan look wierd at address they need to decide what they want to be an iron or a wood (and i no thats the point but just doesn't suit my eye)

In my bag:-

Driver:R7 425 8.5*Graffaloy Blue Tour Stiff

3 Wood: 909F2 13* UST Proforce V2 X-Stiff 92g 1.8* torque5 Wood 909F2 18* Matrix Ozic x-con 6 X-StiffIrons: : 710 mb 3-PW +.75'' 2* up with DG X100 Wedges: spin milled 52* and 60*Putter: Newport 2 35''

i never had a problem hitting my 3i-4i... in fact they were my fav clubs...
then my brother gave me a couple of hybrids to try out... didnt know what to make of them... i even had an illegal bag for a few rounds with 2 extra clubs cuz i didnt wanna pull my 3i-4i until i put the 3h to the test... it went much farther especially out of the rough than my irons... ever since then my 3i-4i are sitting in my room and i pick them up to swing every now and then just to practice something i wanna work on in slow motion
RUSS's avg drive - 230yrds and climbing

I was one who was sold by advertizing that you have to own a hybrid or 2 or whatever. I've had 3 to date including the ever popular Taylormade Burner
19* and 2 r7's

Then one night in a fit of ebay I bought a 3 iron to match my set and low and behold I hit it farther, straighter and have a slight ability to work the ball with it. So out with the hybrid in with the 3 and it now goes Driver, 3 wood and 3iron as my long distance clubs

Thomas " Hitman" Heitman

I have a Ping G10 21* hybrid that I put in my bag sometimes. I usually carry a Taylormade Burner 5 wood and 3 wood in my bag.

DLX cart bag...white/red

R1
913F 15*

913H 19*

G25s 4 iron - U wedge

CG 14 Black Pearl 56* -  60*

... KOMBI 35" 

...ProV1

i can't hit any iron well save for my 8 iron. so i'm starting to look for new clubs and at hybrids. i'm looking at the callaway ft-hybrid 5h. it's set to a draw configuration which i'm not sure if thats how they normally come or not. i'm a high handicap, i hit around 110 :( i'm hoping a hybrid will make me more consistent but i'm not sure what the draw thing is about. if anything i generally hit the ball to the right b/c im aiming it wrong.

It's interesting that many seem to hook their hybrids. That's the exact opposite of me. Lately I've had a nice high slice with my 4 hybrid when I used to hit the thing 200 with a slight draw. I'm beginning to lose faith in it, but then again my 3 and 4 irons suck so I guess I'll have to sort things out.

I experimented with a hybrid for a few months, but ended up dropping it.

Anticipating my switch back to regular shafts, I got a Magique M3 21º I-brid in early 2008. It has an Adila Gamer midkick Regular shaft, comparable to what I have in my new woods.

Initially I had a terrible time hitting it, lining it up like a fairway wood. Then, a pro suggested I hit it like an iron. I used it instead of a 5-wood this spring.

Hybrid went 190 at most. It was good out of medium rough, but yielded too many dumpy near misses from fairway and off the tee. It took any trajectory it wanted; I couldn't plan where it would go.

The Slazenger 5-wood I bought recently is just super. It goes about 190 with a fade, or over 200 with a draw. Good off tee and off the fairway, and blasts the ball out of the rough, under control.
(Back in days of persimmon-headed clubs, 4 wood was my best fairway wood.)

I use the 3-iron as a driving iron, mostly to hit low draws on windy days. (AND... to punch the ball out from under trees!) Mishits yield much tighter group than the hybrid.

Some people hit hybrids just fine. They should use them. But for me, no thanks. And nothing against Magique. They make some good clubs.

Focus, connect and follow through!

• Completed KBS Education Seminar (online, 2015)
  • GolfWorks Clubmaking AcademyFitting, Assembly & Repair School (2012)

Driver:  :touredge: EXS 10.5°, weights neutral   ||  FWs:  :callaway: Rogue 4W + 7W
Hybrid:  :callaway: Big Bertha OS 4H at 22°  ||  Irons:  :callaway: Mavrik MAX 5i-PW
Wedges:  :callaway: MD3: 48°, 54°... MD4: 58° ||  Putter:image.png.b6c3447dddf0df25e482bf21abf775ae.pngInertial NM SL-583F, 34"  
Ball:  image.png.f0ca9194546a61407ba38502672e5ecf.png QStar Tour - Divide  ||  Bag: :sunmountain: Three 5 stand bag

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

No hybrids, yet. I'm thinking of getting a 5-wood or a hybrid that would give me the same carry. I would like to try a hybrid out as the shorter shaft appeals to me.

My Aerolite bag contains:

VR Tour Driver Project X 5.5
904F 17* 4-wood Sabre Stiff
MP68 3-PW Project X 6.0
52* Vokey Spin Milled -wedge

Redwood ZB

I prefer a ball, but may occasionally hit almost anything.

I have tried several hybrids after I fought my fairway woods for a short while. My experience with hybrids has always been like a honeymoon. I would hit them well the first couple of outings, then struggle tremendously with them. I ended going back to my steel shafted woods. My 5 and 7 are always rock solid. Hell, I have had the same experience with large cc graphite shafted drivers.

In my  Warbird Hot stand bag:
nike.gif Dymo2 Str8 fit 10.5 or  HiBore XLS 10.5,  Steelhead Plus 3 and 5 woods,

NP2 3H,  DCI 990 4-PW,  Forged + 54/12,  RAC 58/8,

Classic #1,  NXT Tour or  Burner TP

i dont carry one. i carry an old ping isi 2 iron instead.

ive never been able to hit a hybrid for some odd reason or another....

RBZ stage 2 driver & 3 wood

Original AP1 4-GW

Vokey 54.10 & 58.04

Scotty Newport 2

I have a 2 Hybrid and a 5 Hybrid (17º, 24º). My 2 Hybrid I hit perfectly, but my 5 Hybrid gives me a bunch of troubles. I hit it well enough, but when it's bad, it's BAD. It's usually a pull-hook, or a push-slice. With little-no change in the swing (feels like it). I hit it about 200-215 consistently. I can't get that with the 4 iron, and the 3 iron fades too much to get the distance out of it. So for now, I keep it. My 5 iron, 4 iron, and 3 iron all seem to go the same distance for some odd reason. I'm so messed up

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

No hybrids. Driver, 3 wood and 3 iron here.

In the Matrix XTT Standbag:

Driver: Biggest Big Bertha 11*
Fairway Wood: Steelhead Plus 3 Wood
Irons: T-Zoid Titanium Insert irons 3-SWWedge: Vokey Spin Milled Oil Can 60.04Putter: Pro Platinum Laguna 34" w/ British Open '04 headcoverBall: ProV1 Rule35 Playing again after a three year hiatus...

I love my cleveland hybrid

What's in my Golf Bag:

G 10 Driver
Hibore Hybrid 2I
i10 irons 4-U Wedge. Green Dot588 52 Degree WedgeCG12 56 Degree WedgeCG10 60 Degree WedgeSabertooth Putter

I have recently had a change of heart...I had a 21 and 24 Deg Callaway FT hybrid and they looked great to me at setup but I could not hit them for the love of God, so i traded them and got a three iron which I hit ok. I recently upgraded from Callaway X20 irons to Mizuno MP52's which I love and I got a 3 iron in this set. I hit it three times in a row and shanked it three times in a row, so I officially retired it (it now has a place in the fishing rod rack (having been swung 3 times)). I went and purchased a Minzuno CLK Fli Hi 20 Degree's and I just love it, it is very easy to hit, I can hit it high or low and both draw and fade it, I gotta say, this is one of the best clubs IO have ever put in my bag.

A month ago, I would have said I would never carry a hybrid again, I just could not hit the FT's, but the Mizuno and I get on great...I really think with the right shaft and the right attitude, anyone can benefit from a hybrid (especially if there other option is my MP-52 3 iron )

Note: This thread is 5345 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!