IGNORED

Help me pick a bag... Ogio, TaylorMade, or Callaway?

Note: This thread is 5286 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'm happy enough with my current bag (see sig.) but I'm looking for a second bag for various reasons I don't feel like getting into. But I need help with my decision....... and who knows better than you people.

I've narrowed my list down to 8 bags.

Ogio Edge.

Ogio Grom.

Ogio Ozone.

Ogio Syncro.

Ogio VaporLite.

TaylorMade TMX.

Callaway FT Performance.

Callaway X Series.

The main reason for the change and my only real gripe about my current bag is that my current bag has an issue with clubs tangling. So most specifically, I'm looking for feedback on these bags in regards to that.

The other most important factor is that it fits on a ClicGear well.

Weight has a decent role as well. Yeah.. it's going on a clicgear.... but I golf a few times a week walking 18 on a hilly course, so it just makes things easier if it's light. Not really a deal breaker though.

Price is a factor... but I never have an issue with splurging if I think there is value in the extra money spent.

A BIG plus for a bag (though not really something I consider a necessity) is having a cooler sort of compartment to help keep some cold water or something.

Basically the list goes roughly like this:

1. Ogio Syncro. I assume the clubs won't get tangled based on the divider system with full length dividers. Price is great right now. The issue is with the weight. I find myself wondering why it has a 15 club system when the max allowable is 14 clubs in a bag.....

2. I love the first callaway bag i posted. Price is a little steep.... but I can deal with that. Weight seems to be kinda up there though... The other callaway bag seems like a nice compromise.... but i just really like the look of the first one much more.

3. The taylormade bag is about the only TM bag I like. I'm not a huge fan of red... but I like this bag. it's light. It's a bit pricey but i could deal with it. My big issue is the club divider system. 8 slots and four full length dividers? i feel like the clubs are just gonna tangle. anyone have feedback on this. obviously its cool to match a bag to my set... but thats just a bonus... not something i look for.

4. I'm wondering about the ogio's divider system for the other bags. they have various prices and weights and designs to choose from.... but im not sure the divider system works for me. my current bag has a similar LOOKING system... but I dont think it has as many full length dividers. so comments regarding clubs tangling with these are greatly appreciated. Further, the fact that ogio has so many different bags confuses me...... so any insight as to the differences between these is appreciated.

Driver: Tour Burner 9.5° Stock Stiff
Wood: Tour Burner TS 13° Stock Stiff
Hybrid: Tour Burner T2 18° Stock Stiff
Irons: Tour Preferred 3-PW Rifle Project X 6.0
Wedges: 54.10|58.08 Z TP Rifle Spinner 5.5 Putter: VP Mills VP2 Ball: TP/Red.LDP Bag: Warbird Hot Stand Bag 2.0Started playing...

I have an Ogio Flight SS (close to the Ozone, design has changed slightly) from a couple of years ago. Great bag! Came with the 'Shling' strap , that actually was quite comfortable for carrying the bag (after 2 week break-in period). I have since switched to putting it on a ClicGear cart. Best bag I've ever owned (2 Sun Mountain bags before that).

In my :nike:  bag on my :clicgear: cart ...

Driver: :ping: G10 9*    3-Wood: :cleveland: Launcher
Hybrid: :adams: 20* Hybrid      Irons: :ping: i5 4-GW - silver dot, +1/2"
Wedges: :cleveland: 56* (bent to 54*) and 60* CG10     Putter: :ping: Craz-e (original blue)

Style wise i like the taylormade one

OHIO

In my Revolver Bag
R9 460, RIP
R9 TP 3 Wood, Diamana 'ilima 70*Idea Pro Black 20*Titleist AP1 712 4-AW Spin Milled Black Nickel 56.08 & 60.10

Have you looked into the Sun Mountain Four-5?

:cleveland:         Classic 10.5° w/ Miyazaki C.Kua Limited X-Stiff
:cleveland:         Launcher FL 3 Wood 17° w/ Miyazaki C. Kua Stiff
:cleveland:         Mashie 3H 20.5° w/ Miyazaki C. Kua Stiff
:mizuno:   MP-57 4 - PW w/ Dynamic Gold S300
:cleveland:         588 - 52° 56° 60°
:scotty_cameron:          Studio Newport 2
:srixon:              Z-Star Tour Yellow 

If you are planning on walking at all, i have the ping hoofer bag which are excellent bags with a lot of color combinations. Really comfortable and light.

In my Ping bag:
Driver: Titleist 909 D2 9.5*

3 Wood: Nickent Pro
Irons: Titleist AP2 Project x 5.5Wedges: Titleist Vokey 200 Series Vokey 52*, 56*, 60*Putter: Scotty Cameron Detour 1 (just ordered it)

Have you looked into the Sun Mountain Four-5?

Diehard Sun Mountain fan here - that green one looks good.

Mizuno MP600 driver, Cleveland '09 Launcher 3-wood, Callaway FTiz 18 degree hybrid, Cleveland TA1 3-9, Scratch SS8620 47, 53, 58, Cleveland Classic 2 mid-mallet, Bridgestone B330S, Sun Mountain four5.

I have a Callaway light stand bag, its super light, comfortable, and looks great. Only problem with it is its a little cluttered when carrying 14 clubs. Theres access to 2 pouches easily while its on your back, as well as a "fluids holder" aka a little nook to put your water bottle. I find that very convenient, although I usually put my cell phone there for easy access. Theres also a little bit of netting that is easily accessible while walking next to the fluids holder and that is convenient to put a couple extra balls or something in.

Lefty Golfer!
In my light stand bag:
R7 Limited Driver 9.5* Matrix Ozik xcon 5.5 Stiff Shaft
A3os 3 (19*) and 4 (22*) Hybrids Grafalloy Prolaunch Platinum Stiff shafts
X-22's 5-AW Regular Flex Uniflex Steel Shafts X-Forged SW 56* & LW 60* 35" Studio Stainless Newport 2.5 ('04 version) with a...

Pick up 2 Ogio Syncro's and I'll take the extra one off your hand's.

Driver.... Nickent DX Evolver V2 65 stiff /07 Burner YS6+ stiff .
4 wood..... Nickent 4DX
Hybrids.....Tour Edge Geomax 22* 25* 28*
Irons.....TM R7 6-P + AW,SW,LW
Putter.....Odyssey White Hot XG 2 BallBag.......Callaway ORG 14 A.L.I.C.E. Ball........Bridgestone e6 / Srixon Soft Feel...

I've got an Ozone and my dad has a Grom. The only difference I've noticed is the Grom has the zipperless ball pocket which is a nice feature. No complaints about either bag though. That Taylormade is a beautiful looking bag though and compliments your clubs rather nicely!

In my Ozone:

Driver: S9-1 10.5*
Woods: 2007 Burner 3 Wood 15*
Hybrids 2009 3 Rescue 19*Irons: MX-200 4-PWWedges: 52, CG12 56Putter: White Hot XG 2-Ball Blade 35"

+1 for the Ogio Sychro. I picked it up last week because I wanted full length dividers and more storage (and a cart bag that wouldn't move around so much). The 15th slot is holding a ball retriever right now. I had one in an old bag and figured I'd carry it since I have the room now.

As far as divider system goes, you just have to go check them out in person. I bought online but spent some time in the PGA superstore to try to get a feel for them.

In my Syncro:

Speedline 9032ls
Speedline 9032ti 14.5* Hybrid
Idea A1 17* 3Hybrid mx-25 3-PW vr 52.10 sm56.10 & sm60.04 Studio Select Squareback 1

I really want a four-5 but I'm gonna probably have to settle for the Taylormade Tourino cuz it's half the price and I still need a lot of other stuff, like a lob wedge, putter, and irons. I hope to be able to get a bag, putter, lob wedge and maybe another dozen e7+'s after my birthday.

In my White/Red/Yellow Monza Featherweight Stand Bag:
Driver: 07 Burner 9.5* stiff
3 Wood: 07 Burner 15* stiff
5 Wood: 07 Burner 18* stiff
Irons 4-AW: r7 steel shaft stiffWedges: RAC Satin 56*, 60*Putter: Rossa Daytona 35 InchBall: Bridgestone e7+, Titleist Pro V1Shoes: D3000Glove: ...

if you don't get ogio you are uper dumb

I had an ogio and my friend had one (we played together a lot) and half the time we put our bags down next to the green they fell over because the legs didnt come out far enough. It was pretty annoying.

In my Ping bag:
Driver: Titleist 909 D2 9.5*

3 Wood: Nickent Pro
Irons: Titleist AP2 Project x 5.5Wedges: Titleist Vokey 200 Series Vokey 52*, 56*, 60*Putter: Scotty Cameron Detour 1 (just ordered it)

I have a Grom that the zipper blew out of and Ogio's customer service only offered me a 50percent break on another bag so I told them to stick it.I ordered a Cally FT because Callaway's customer service is the best in all of golf bar none.The FT is a littlepricey but my Grom was 189 also and the damn zipper popped with in the first year.I had the wife rivet velcro on the side pocket to keep it closed but sometimes I am johnny apple tee and drop them all over the course as I walk.I will never again buy any OGIO products because of that bag and the way they treated me.

In my new FT carry bag
FT-9 Tour nuetral 9.5
FT-15 degree 3 wood
Fussion Hybrids #2&4
Fussion irons with Grapholoy Pro launch Red shafts56&60 Cally X forged wedges with Red shaftsSG9 putterCally I ballBushnell Meadealist range finder

I have the edge. It's a sexy beast. And it wasn't that much at Alfs Golf Shop. They had a sale and I got it for $130. It has place for EVERYTHING. And more.

The best thing about it is the straps. They make a 40lb bag feel like 10lbs. They are amazing straps, and you will love the bag. I haven't had to deal with Ogio yet. No problems in the bag over the last 5 months. So far so good. Good luck finding a good bag man.

~RHPM

Driver: Callaway Big Bertha Diablo 9º
2 Hybrid: Callaway Big Bertha Heavenwood
Irons: Nike Slingshot OSS 6-3 iron
          Taylormade Tour Preferred PW-7 iron
Wedges: Cleveland CG14 50º, 54º
              Taylormade RAC 58º
Putter: Ping Darby 32" shaft

I've had the Cally X-Series in Black for about 6 weeks and so far I like it a lot. I had the Ozone, but returned it for the Cally - I liked the way the clubs fit in the Cally better.

I don't think you could go wrong with it, but I'd try to check out any of the ones on that list in person before you decide. It helped me to put the ones I was thinking about side-by-side and then compare the features - especially the pockets, etc.

In my X-Series Bag:

Driver G10 10.5*
Woods V-Steel 3W, 5W
Hybrids Pinemeadow ZR1 19* 3HIrons MX-19 4-GWWedge MP-R Black Nickel 54/10Putter Rossa Sebring AGSI+

Note: This thread is 5286 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!