IGNORED

Golf courses in Orlando

Note: This thread is 5298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Planning a golf trip-1 week, in Orlando in the fall and trying to determine the best courses to play. Have been using ••••••••••••• to find only the better courses, and they have listed Orange County National, Reunion, and Mystic Dunes as the top ones. Here's a link to their list: http://•••••••••••••.com/course/loca...L/city/Orlando
Are there any other courses not on their list I should be considering, thanks in advance for your help.

The question comes up quite often (hey, we're popular down here!) so you might want to use the search function.

I always start by recommending Orange County National. 2 courses, always in great shape and they'll treat you right. After that, there are tons of other options to fit any budget/skill level. Best bang for the buck IMHO is Eagle Dunes.

I would stay away from Mission Inn right now though, the course condition just isn't what it has been or should be.......

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

I can't wait to get back there this winter and play the Royal Links of St. Cloud about 30 mins south of Orlando Int. Airport as they where adding another 9 holes to make a total of 27 holes . I love the way the original 18 played and will be on it many times when I get back.

Thomas " Hitman" Heitman

im playing ocn the weekend of Sep 11th. I'll let you know how it goes!

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

excited about this. im moving to orlando in may!

What's In My Bag?
Driver : Diablo
3wood : Diablo
Hybrid : 3DX RC Ironwood #3 20*
Irons : j36 cb's Putter : Tour Platinum 7081Ball : TP Black LDPHome Course :Lonnie Poole Golf Course at NC State University 74.7/134Eagle Ridge Golf Club 73.0/131

i spent a few days at orange county national. two fantastic courses. q school was there i beleive. highly recomend

• 2 weeks later...
Def. don't miss Orange County National's courses. Besides that, I remember a course called Falcon's Fire?? I think that was good. And try the disney courses out, seriously. There were a bunch of them from what I remember and we stayed at a Disney resort so we played for dirt cheap. But the ones we played were real nice.

The bag:

Driver: Taylormade R7 Limited (10.5*)
3-wood: Taylormade R7 st (15*)
5-wood: Titleist 909 F2(18.5*)Irons: Taylormade RAC TP MB; Project-X 6.0 (3-PW)Wedges: Vokey Spin-Milled 52.08 Vokey Spin-Milled 58.12Putter: Odyssey White Hot Tour #1 (33")Ball: Titleist ProV1

Royal St. Cloud is a very nice course. I played it back in December and I really liked it. I drove by Falcon Fire and it appeared to be a nice course. I talked with some of the people who live in Orlando who I got paired with and they all said great things about that course. As for the Disney Courses, I've played Lake Buena Vista a few times and its a pretty nice course. Kinda short from what I remember. Good condition though. Another course in Orlando I play alot is Shingle Creek. It's a golf resort but anyone can play there regardless if your staying at the resort or not. The condition of the course is the best I've ever seen personally and the course itself is a nice layout.

I'm going to recommend against Falcon's Fire. Decent course, but very pricey and the people there don't know the meaning of customer service. They exist off of tourists that they know will never be back and they're fine with that business model.

Please, save your $'s and go elsewhere.

In David's bag....

Driver: Titleist 910 D-3;  9.5* Diamana Kai'li
3-Wood: Titleist 910F;  15* Diamana Kai'li
Hybrids: Titleist 910H 19* and 21* Diamana Kai'li
Irons: Titleist 695cb 5-Pw

Wedges: Scratch 51-11 TNC grind, Vokey SM-5's;  56-14 F grind and 60-11 K grind
Putter: Scotty Cameron Kombi S
Ball: ProV1

Awards, Achievements, and Accolades

• 4 weeks later...
Spent a weekend at Orange County in Orlando. What a great spot. The courses were a bunch of fun to play, and the staff could not have been nicer and more attentive. The consensus in our group is that we much preferred Panther Lake, and that it was the harder course as well. Greens on Crooked Cat were a little rough on Friday with sand, but Saturday afternoon were much better.

The scenery was gorgeous there. And by that I mean Birds, Oak Trees, and cart girls. Man I love golf.

In my bag:

Driver: SQ 9.5, Graphite Stiff Shaft
3 Wood: Diablo 13 degree, Stiff Shaft
2 Hybrid: SQ 18 degree, Steel Stiff ShaftIrons: MP-30, 3-PWSW: 56* Vokey Copper spin-milledFW 52* VokeyFlat Stick Zing 2Ball: Pro V1x

Mystic Dunes is my favorite course here in Orlando. Bay Hill is also very nice, but pricey.

In my 2010 TMX Staff Bag
r9 SuperTri 9.5 Driver
r9 #3 Fairway Wood
r9 #5 Fairway wood
Burner Plus Irons (3-PW) w/ Graphite shafts 54*/60* Wedge Newport 2 Studio Select Pro V1s

Mystic Dunes is my favorite course here in Orlando. Bay Hill is also very nice, but pricey.

I just moved from Orlando

and I also liked Bay Hill. I mainly played at Hunter's Creek which is a really nice course for the price. Florida residents of course get a discount and I had a buddy that worked there so I always played for free.

Big Bertha Diablo Driver
Big Bertha Diablo 3 Wood
Big Bertha Diablo 5 WoodBig Bertha Diablo BallsX-18 4-SW Irons

You definitely cannot go wrong with Orange County Nat. Both course are always in great shape and the staff takes good care of you. It was mentioned above, but make sure you check out Shingle Creek. Might be pricey if you are coming in from out of town, but worth it.

R9 460 9.5
R9 3-Wood
Irons AP1 4-PW
Wedge X-Forged 62*, 56*, 50*
Studio Select 34" MS Newport 2 TP Red

There is a lot of great golf in the Orlando area, and as someone has already posted there are a few threads already on this forum covering this topic so you may want to search for them. Much of the best Orlando area golf is expensive. For example Bay Hill, Reunion, Championsgate and Grand Cypress are all expensive. If the green fee is not your over riding concern those are great courses. Reunion and Grand Cypress each has 3 layouts. The New Course at Grand Cypres is Jack Nicklaus homage to The Old Course at St Andrews. Championsgate has 2. Orange County National is a good bargain. Both courses there are execllent. Disnney has 4 courses. The Dye course is closing soon so you should play it while you can. Diseny has great service and some good value if you play afternoons to get the twilight rates. If you don't mind driving Southern Dunes and Sugarloaf Mountain are excellent. Sugarloaf is a Coore & Crenshaw design with amazing elevation chnages for Florida. It was supposed to be private, but becaue of the economy it is open to the public for the time being. Victoria Hills, Celebration and Mission Inn (El campeon) are also top area courses.

Here are links to my photos of many of these courses. The pix will give you an idea about what each course looks and plays like:

http://sports.webshots.com/album/571413921rhiYig
(Sugar Loaf)

http://sports.webshots.com/album/561881172RMtVHF
(Disney and OC National)

http://sports.webshots.com/album/571957361SHtpyS
(Grand Cypress)

http://sports.webshots.com/album/571957362SUhpLp
(Victoria Hills)

http://sports.webshots.com/album/571415820VzNsUn
(Celebration)

Hi -
We recently drove up to Orlando for a weekend and stayed at the Reunion Resort (actually Kissimmee, just outside of Orlando). Highly recommend staying there and playing all, or one of their three Palmer, Nicklaus or Watson designed courses. The tracks are impecibly maintained and range from very challenging to challenging. You pretty much don't have to leave the resort as all amenities are within and the steak restaurant, Forte is good eats. I felt like a pro as it was my first experience with pyramid stacked balls at the range!

Also played Celebration and highly reccommend that track too. Orlando is golf heaven and surely I will be back soon!

If your going to be near Champions gate, I would recommend checking out Providence gc. Its on the same rd as champions gate and for the next few months the greens fees are only 18 bucks in the morning and 12 in the afternoons, but dont think that its not a nice track because of the rates, its just a promotion deal.
Driver Tit 907D2 9.5 aldila spec grid 67s
HybidTit 585H 19* s flex
IronsTit 775cb 3-pw
WedgesTit vokey 52* 56* 60*
Putter Rife Barbados 35" winn mid pistol gripGolfballBridgestone B330-s/taylormade tp black/titleist prov1x

Note: This thread is 5298 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!