IGNORED

New Scotty California Putters

Note: This thread is 5340 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

Pictures of the new models can be seen here: http://www.golfcoursesguide.com/golf...es-of-putters/

Scotty Cameron Releasing New California Series of Putters

Scotty-Cameron-California-Putters CHASKA, Minn. — Putter guru Scotty Cameron is set to release a new line of Titleist putters, the California Series, at the end of September. On Tuesday at the PGA Championship, many pros got their first look at the new flatsticks. Rod Pampling and Darren Clarke immediately requested that models be made to their specifications and planned to try one on the practice green here at Hazeltine National Golf Club.

There are four models of California putters, each named for a town. From the top, they are Coronado, Monterey, Sonoma and Del Mar.

The most noticeable feature is the new finish. Cameron refers to it as "Honey Dipped." The gold tone is created when the stainless steel heads go through a special heating process. Depending on the light, the California putters show flashes of pink and purple too.

When I spoke with Cameron on the range at Hazeltine Tuesday, he made it very clear that the look of the putters was very important. "I want it [the look at address] to be flowing, because if anything gets stuck or looks sharp, your eye goes to it," he said. "That makes the putter look like a brick on the ground."

Two other subtle things help to keep the look of the putters clean. First, there are no steps in the shaft of the California putters. Second, the decorative shaft band has been placed on the back of the shaft near the handle. These details are designed to make it easier for your eyes to concentrate on the ball and your line at address.

While he refers to the putters as "old world classic," there is at least one modern feature built into the new putters. On the sole of each California model are two 10-gram weight screws. Like the screws used in the Studio Select putters, these screws are not designed to be removed or adjusted by the golfer. However, via custom order, they can be changed to create heavier versions of the putter using the same head.

The Coronado is a classic blade putter with two steps in the back flange area. It features a single alignment dot on the top and a round neck. The Monterey is a classic heel-toe weighted, Anser-style blade with a plumber's neck and a single-line alignment aid. The Sonoma also features a plumber's neck and a single alignment line, but it has a rounded back flange and slightly longer face. The Del Mar has a larger, circular back flange with a high toe area.

When they are released in late September, the California Series putters will retail for about $299.

thats just f*%kin excellent
i wait 12 years to buy one and he releases this on me!!

very nice
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

don't be upset. Putters are all about feel, so yours might be better for you than the new ones as long as you picked out the one that felt perfect to you.

Sasquatch 460 10.5
X 3 wood
X 4H
X-22's 5-PW
X Forged 52, 58 Black Series #1 Tour i X Series stand bag

They look very clean. Too bad I'll never be able to afford one.

haha, very true

In My Ozone Stand Bag:
Driver: Burner 10.5* Stiff
3 Wood: Burner 15* Stiff
Hybrid: Burner 19* Stiff
Irons: Tour Burner 4-GWWedges: CG14 54.12, 58.12Putter: SabertoothBall: TP Back Rangefinder: GX-IHome Course: http://www.strawberryridgegolfcourse.com/

I really like the fact that it says Titleist instead of Cameron and I love the overall clean appearance of the putter.

"The cynic knows the price of everything and the value of nothing." - Oscar Wilde

You're going to have a long life and no money if that's the way you think about everything you buy. On the other hand every manufacturing company in America will love you.

909D3 9.5° w/ UST ProForce V2 (XS)
975F 14.5° w/ UST ProForce V2 (XS)
735CM 3-PW w/ True Temper Dynamic Gold (S300)
56° Spin Milled
60° Spin Milled Studio Style Newport 2 35" Pro V1x or Tour B330

You're going to have a long life and no money if that's the way you think about everything you buy. On the other hand every manufacturing company in America will love you.

hahah!

i am some what of a "coneseur" (sp?) of clubs but no, I am happy w my Scotty this new one sure is nice
"My swing is homemade - but I have perfect flaws!" - Me

that first one puts a hinder on my thoughts of getting the...2.6?... I think it is. The one with the center shaft. I love that style as well. Tough choice.

Bag: Ogio
Driver: Cleveland HiBore XLS 9.5 gold stiff
3W: Pro Select 15*
Irons: Pro Select 3-PW
Wedge:Adams Tom Watson set GW, SW, LWPutter: Cleveland VP 1balls: E6+ or Srixonshoes: Adidas powerband"Stop looking at my ears and play!"Home course. Antler Creek; tees; Black 77.5/150, Gold...

They look like verisons of previous Cameron models with just a different finish and the weight screws.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I love the Delmar (bottom one) it sets up similar to the Cameron J.A.T that sergio putted with. Very simple look which is kinda nice

Whats in the old Ping bag:

Driver-Cleavland Comp w/ Fujikara shaft
3 wood-Callaway FT tour w/ Fujikara shaft
Hybrid-Taylor Made 19 degree rescueIrons-Bridgestone J33 combo 3-PWWedges-Taylor Made Rac TP 56/Ping Eye 2 SW and Titleiset Vokey 50Putter-Whatever is workingBall-Srixon z-star golfball

Whats the point if it doesnt say Scotty Cameron on it?

They do say Scotty Cameron.....on the face of the putters, on the grip, and on the headcover.

---"Be the ball"---

IN THE Hoofer Vantage BAG:
Driver: F-Speed 10.5°, Aldila NV-F
Woods: F-Speed LD 3 & 5, Aldila NV-FIrons: S9 3-PW, NS-Pro 900XH SteelWedges: CG10 52° & Spin Milled 56.10Putter: Studio Select Newport 2Ball: Pro V1x SG4

Note: This thread is 5340 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!