IGNORED

Hooks, Hookers, and do you do this?

Note: This thread is 5362 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!

I'll be seeing my pro soon, now that my lower back is getting better.

In the meantime however, I'm curious how the hookers/hook fighters amongst us handle their hook. My secondary tendency is a very straight push right.

My hook starts on line and curves left, 20 to 50 feet.

I found one way this evening -- drop the front foot back just an inch or a half inch. It seemed to help to a certain degree, and the result is pretty much a draw.

Is that an acceptable technique or just a band aid? That said, I prefer to have my feet aligned normally, so I will be going to see the pro to iron it out a bit.

McGolf-Doggie's stand bag & new and used club emporium:
Putter :ping: 1/2Craz-e | Irons :TaylorMade: RAC MB, 4i-PW (DG S300) |Wedges :Cleveland: SW&LW 56*DSG+RTG; 60*/4* DSG+RTG |Woods :Cobra: S1 5W; Adams TIght Lies 3W |Driver :TaylorMade: Burner 9.5 Fujikura Reax S | Maxfli Practice

Check your swing plane. Also check your point of contact. You might have your arms too far out in front of you whenever you make contact. I used to have a terrible duck hook that didn't go very far sometimes. It was multiplied on my tee shots. I also started focusing on tucking my right elbow into my ribs until I got close to contact, this seemed to help me even my swing.

make sure that your back shoulder is coming through under your chin so that you feel like you're reaching under with your right arm at impact. your right elbow should not straighten out until at least where your belt buckle was at address, and where your hip should be on the downswing. pretend like your skipping a stone across a pond.

I am a hooker

I check my grip
I check my take away not too much inside
I check the distance I hold my hands from my body
I check the club face to make sure its square to slightly open
I sometimes take it outside and do not close the club face after impact
I check to make sure that I complete my backswing

Titleist 910 D2 9.5 Driver
Titleist 910 F15 & 21 degree fairway wood
Titleist 910 hybrid 24 degree
Mizuno Mp33 5 - PW
52/1056/1160/5

"Yonex ADX Blade putter, odyssey two ball blade putter, both  33"

ProV-1

I am battling the hooks as well with my driver, 5w and hybrid off the tee. It's come on very recently and is VERY annoying considering I have NEVER had this problem before. it's so random. I'm hoping to go out tomorrow after some time off and see it magically gone.

I have a Hook as well, and i've tried changing my hands, rotating my top hand more to the center of the Shaft, showing more knuckles? Never tried keeping the R/elbow tight to the body. When you say check your swing plane what does that mean, and check your point of contact? I also tried to compensate with droping the L/foot, opening up, But like someone that seem to be a Bandaid.

I am a lefty and I DUCK HOOK 40% of my tee-shots...60% of them are straight as an arrow. I've been battling this for YEARS and can't figure it out!? I'm positive my grip is fine and my backswing is fine. At this point, I feel like the issue is at the point of impact...I might have premature wrist-action before impact and my club face is not square to the ball. Are there any tips/drills out there for keeping my wrists steady through impact? I am also thinking about moving the ball from my front foot...back to a mid-front set-up on the tee-box. Mentally, are there any helpful hints I can be thinking about during my downswing...Besides, "I hope I don't hook this freakin ball!?"

My bad shot is also a low hook. It usually happens when i bring the club too far inside on my take-away. The club gets stuck behind me and then i over-rotate trying to get the clubhead back to the ball.
THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

I am a hooker

I think that's legal in Nevada and Holland, only.

I make all my own clubs:
Driver: Snake Eyes Python XLD | | 3-Wood: Snake Eyes Python XL Faiway, 15*  | | Snake Eyes HT Iron Set, 3-, 4-Utility, 5-, 6-Hybrid, 7-PW Cavity Back | | Golfsmith G-40 Wedges, 52, 56, 60 | | Distance Master DM-AS2 Putter | |Ball? The last one I found ... that... was YOURS!!

I think that's legal in Nevada and Holland, only.

And New York, according to eliot spitzer.

THE WEAPONS CACHE..

Titleist 909 D2 9.5 Degree Driver| Titleist 906f4 13.5 degree 3-Wood | Titleist 909 17 & 21 degree hybrid | Titleist AP2 irons
Titleist Vokey Wedges - 52 & 58 | Scotty Cameron Studio Select Newport 2 Putter | ProV1 Ball

For whatever reason, if I do hook the ball it's with my hybrids. I've been battling for the past year to keep those things straight and I can go a month or two of hitting nice, straight shots with them and then all of a sudden the hook comes back. My guesses are that I'm either too far from the ball, causing my right elbow to straighten too early or my swing tempo quickens too much. I find if I really concentrate on a nice, fluid swing of about 60%, my hybrid goes straight as an arrow with good distance.

Got a couple rounds coming up this week, we'll see how it goes.

Callaway Org14 Sport w/ Clicgear Cart:

Callaway X 460 9* - Callaway X 15* - TaylorMade 19*/21* Hybrid - Callaway Diablo Forged 4-PW - Titleist 50/56/60 - Rife Cayman Brac - Bridgestone xFIXx/B330-RX - TRUE Linkswear Supporter!

Note: This thread is 5362 days old. We appreciate that you found this thread instead of starting a new one, but if you plan to post here please make sure it's still relevant. If not, please start a new topic. Thank you!